Official Surly - Big 12 Championship Game Thread - TX/OU II

Vertigo

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

I read an article yesterday that Dr Pepper actually picks the contestants ( there were 4 or 8 to begin with- they played off either earlier this morn, or yest), and then lets them play off in the ball toss- so its not a random contest, its a looks/good feels  story that gets them the chance to win 100k. 

Or the best giver of da’ hand jibber

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

I don't know. The hb pass call made no sense, as an example.

I could show you a dozen calls in any game that make no sense. A lot of them end up working out. The HB pass in that situation is not what I would have called, but  Boyd's first pointless facemask foul was far more consequential than an unsuccessful offensive play that doesn't work out. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

People are becoming unhinged on the refs. I get it because officiating all year has been such crap but now people on this thread cannot objectively look at the game anymore. 

OU should have had the ball to start that drive with 20 seconds to start. That mistake was on coaching. 

I've seen OU get away with an obvious false start and facemark while Texas get called for them.  It's a big deal.  But Texas still is shooting themselves in the foot.  Be dominant and the refs will work with you.  

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

I could show you a dozen calls in any game that make no sense. A lot of them end up working out. It's not what I would have called, but the Boyd's first pointless facemask foul was far more consequential than an unsuccessful offensive play that doesn't work out. 

If Boyd doesn't grab the face mask he gets torched for a counter route TD.  It would have been simple pitch and catch.   

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Murray clearly doesn’t want to run.  He can, but he’d doesn’t want to.  He’s 2.5 games from having his cake and eating it too.  Rush him, and force him to put his body at risk.  If you do the drop 8 bit, he’ll carve you up all day. 

If if he puts 200 rushing yards on us, so be it, but he doesn’t want to leave the pocket out of injury fear.

If OU makes the playoffs, they will get destroyed in the first game.