Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl

Longboard Horn

Just now, SDG said:

U must not watch the Raiders.  

I’ve seen the Raiders play this year and they suck. However, that has nothing to do with what Red said about Charlie and the results thereafter. I am not trying to make a point about Red knowing his football for fucks sake, just that he was right about Charlie, even if it was just dumb luck, which I’m sure it was.

3 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I’ve seen the Raiders play this year and they suck. However, that has nothing to do with what Red said about Charlie and the results thereafter. I am not trying to make a point about Red knowing his football for fucks sake, just that he was right about Charlie, even if it was just dumb luck, which I’m sure it was.

Reread the quote in my comment.  You specifically said “we’ll never know about chuckie.”  We know they both suck and Red senile so I’ll leave it at that.  

3 minutes ago, SDG said:

Reread the quote in my comment.  You specifically said “we’ll never know about chuckie.”  We know they both suck and Red senile so I’ll leave it at that.  

We’ll never know about Chuckie as a coach for UT. Because it never happened. He probably would suck ass just like he’s doing. In any case, Chuckie has nothing to do with whether Red was right about Charlie, whether he was right due to any factors, of which the most likely one is dumb luck, etc.doesn’t matter. Again, I’m not advocating that a booster nearing fossil status has a clue about anything regarding coaching the game of football. Just that he happened to be right about Charlie. Since you brought Chuckie into it as Exhibit A to point out Red isn’t a know it all when it comes to football coaches, I will be the first to agree that you a correct. I’ll leave it at that as well. No biggie.

7 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I’m surprised bowl games don’t try to price tickets to get more people in. I loved going to the Sun Bowl as a kid as tickets were pretty cheap for all of us to go, and football that wasn’t UTEP was a blessing. 

Hey, were you that guy getting the handjob on the hill?

it would be easy to say that USF was straight out coached (and they were out coached), but Marshall has made plenty of fuck ups themselves and really the game came down to Marshall was just massively more physical and executed their base plays to a much higher degree

USF looked like a team playing their first game of the season at some points not their 13th game

the big fear if Charlie gets fired after this or after next year is some dumbass network will actually get him in the booth or on a pre/half/post game show

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

You just look over there at those tv execs and it’s all about them knowing he would make zero sense ever on air.

Q. Who are your current quarterback on your -- on your team right now? 
A. Swoops. 

Q. What's his -- what's his first name? 
A. He goes by Swoops. Jarrod Heard. What's my man's first name? I -- done went blank on me. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I’m surprised bowl games don’t try to price tickets to get more people in. I loved going to the Sun Bowl as a kid as tickets were pretty cheap for all of us to go, and football that wasn’t UTEP was a blessing. 

They’d have to pay me to ever go to a game in which Charlie Strong is coaching, except for when they play against Texas. South Florida is a shit school with no fanbase and a retard for a head coach. He’ll get fired there, too. 

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Thankfully we cut our loses. Why the F we bought into Charlie in the first place is beyond comprehension? Were we that fricken desperate?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe what was considered the "best available option" was either Charlie or James Franklin from Vanderbilt.