2018 Peach Bowl - Florida vs. Michigan

satyanash

I've watched Florida a decent amount this year. They are not a Top 10 team. Top 20? Probably, yeah. But this Michigan team has been just exposed the last two games of the season. They just feel like a classic Big 10 team that puts up great numbers defensively in a league without any real explosive offenses (save OSU occasionally). 

It's hard to see Michigan, in its current form, eclipsing the ceiling they've set the last few years. And I say that as someone who will root for Michigan in the Big 10 whenever it doesn't conflict with Texas.

2 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

It's hard to see Michigan, in its current form, eclipsing the ceiling they've set the last few years. And I say that as someone who will root for Michigan in the Big 10 whenever it doesn't conflict with Texas.

Yet, next season, Michigan will start out ranked #4 or some shit like that, look like the second coming of the 85 Bears and the media will eat that shit up.

Some coaches get stuck in ruts, and make changes necessary to keep up with the times.  Jim will finish his career at Michigan with a very respectable record, maybe a Big 10 title or two, and that's about it.....because he won't make any changes.

This Michigan squad looks pretty much like his Stanford teams did, and they never won their division in the Pac, much less a conference title.

• Like 1

I've watched Florida a decent amount this year. They are not a Top 10 team. Top 20? Probably, yeah. But this Michigan team has been just exposed the last two games of the season. They just feel like a classic Big 10 team that puts up great numbers defensively in a league without any real explosive offenses (save OSU occasionally). 
EVERY meatchicken game conflicts with Texas. They got more wins than Texas so fuck em, fuck em in their rancid stupid ugly ass moron helmet cub scout den mother colors goat ass.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Woohoo! Get excited Michigan fans, Shea Patterson is coming back next season!

Harbaugh fucked up by not throwing all the moneys at Kingsbury and letting him go to USC. That shitfest of an offense needs a total revamp. 

Harbaugh seems like one of those guys who doesn't get along with anyone who has an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

OK, so seriously, is Michigan just incapable of throwing deep? They're doing all this slip pass and go to the side stuff down by three scores. 

That’s their offense. People actually thought they were saving something for OSU. Nope, this is it. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Harbaugh fucked up by not throwing all the moneys at Kingsbury and letting him go to USC. That shitfest of an offense needs a total revamp. 

That would scare the shit out of Harbaugh.  Here's all you need to know:

“When I got my first coaching job at the University of San Diego I called my coach, Bo Schembechler and told him I was head coach at the University of San Diego.

“Before he said ‘congratulations’ or anything Bo said, ‘Jimmy, tell me you’re going to have a tight end that puts his hand in the ground on every snap. Tell me that you will have a fullback that lines directly behind the quarterback and a halfback in the I-formation.’”

Harbaugh simply replied, “‘Yes coach, we will have that.’”

To which Schembechler said, “‘Good. Congratulations on getting the job.’’

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

jeezus. I can't believe how bad Michigan O is.

Well, you see, you get a fullback, and he puts his hand on the ground...and the tight end too.  Then you run off all the clock---keeps the other team from having the ball, you see---and get 4-5 yards on 1st down.  Then do the same thing on 2nd and 3rd down...and you get a first down.  Repeat the process.   If you do this correctly (and have a good defense) you don't need that sparkly new fangled throw the ball all over the place offense to win. We don't need to score 30 points to win a game of college football. That's what we do at Michigan.  Coach Schembechler did it this way, and we will too.

-Coach Jim Harbaugh