Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Crusher said:

OK..This will get you going … I think not only will Trump not be impeached...He will win again in 2020.

This is from a guy who didn't vote for Trump. Didn't vote at all. Just watching what has happened since he was elected.

I will vote in 2020. Kind of like the independent Howard Shultz after watching some interviews with him. Although I can't imagine what will happen to him if he actually won. Dems and Reps attacking him at the same time. He wouldn't stand a chance.

I think that it's really important for everyone to be honest when we have these discussions, so thank you for correcting the record. Given the broader context of his statement that he was referring to gang members, I'll concede it wasn't as bad as it sounded in the out-of-context video. Still, I wouldn't go so far as to call gang members "animals" even though I deplore their behavior. We all know how gangs work and how they recruit and corrupt young people to become members.

I will say, however, that if he doesn't hold beliefs that Latin American immigrants and asylum seekers are repugnant, I wish he'd be more careful with the language he chooses. This is because we all know there are crazies out there who can literally view statements such as the one in the video and claim he said something he didn't perhaps intend and could use them as justification for something really horrible.

Moreover, in his announcement to run for president, he did in fact make a broadside attack on Mexican immigrants in general claiming they were rapists etc. and only conditionally stated that "some, I assume, are good people." There was no wiggle room in that particular historic announcement.

Finally, the treatment of immigrants, asylum seekers, and their children by departments underneath his executive authority have not exactly been shining examples of American generosity nor humanity, which I also think sets a poor example and contributes to the broader belief by certain individuals that immigrants/asylum seekers shouldn't be treated as the human beings that they actually are.

I'm not going to claim (yet) that immigrants/asylum seekers have been specifically targeted for mistreatment by certain Americans with bad intent, but it wouldn't surprise me.

So, in brief, I think that Donald Trump should be much more careful with his words because they carry extra weight, meaning, and power as he is the President of the United States. Unfortunately, I think we all know he can't or won't do that.

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 4

Editing time is way too short on Surly... so, another post:

Someone in his administration, who is sympathetic to his public positions or who supports beefed up responses at the border but who is also a Christian/humanitarian, should speak up about his loose language and its (un)intended effects on the behavior of individuals under his executive authority, as well as the general public.

Besides Shep, is there anyone on his favorite teevee channel who could also, maybe, teach him this lesson? 

9 hours ago, Crusher said:

OK..This will get you going … I think not only will Trump not be impeached...He will win again in 2020.

This is from a guy who didn't vote for Trump. Didn't vote at all. Just watching what has happened since he was elected.

I will vote in 2020. Kind of like the independent Howard Shultz after watching some interviews with him. Although I can't imagine what will happen to him if he actually won. Dems and Reps attacking him at the same time. He wouldn't stand a chance.

I like Shultz too but he would only get bogged down in the muck and mire of DC. Only a maniac like Trump has a chance to defeat the thieves and criminals in our government. Which FWIW, is the only reason government exists, that is for the rich and powerful to fleece society with their wars and thieving ass banks providing the money to wage them. I wish Trump handled himself differently with some of the stuff he says but, I ignore it now because of well "Art of the Deal" etc. 

Trump will win and my guess is Ivanka will run in 2024.

Speaking of Banks, Read about BNY whose first loan was to fund the salaries of Congress. Oh, thank God they were there for the War of 1812 and let us not forget the Civil War. Such patriots. 

The first bank in the U.S. was the Bank of North America in Philadelphia, which was chartered by the Continental Congress in 1781; Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were among its founding shareholders.[5] In February 1784, The Massachusetts Bank in Boston was chartered.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bank_of_New_York_Mellon

9 hours ago, Crusher said:

Some folks might not like Trump. And some folks may not like what the dems did to Trump with this whole "resist" thing.  They may not trust either party. 

Myself, I would be very interested in a third party. A viable third party. Not sure if that is even possible but, I would look at it favorably.

A Third party isn't possible. The two parties already have their territories staked out.

While in public they vehemently disagree on so much while behind the scenes they split the spoils of a government run amuck which leaves no room for another player at the table. 

Edited by Dolemite

Only a maniac like Trump has a chance to defeat the thieves and criminals in our government.

As someone who views government the same way you do, I can't understand how, at this point, you can honestly believe this about Trump. He's done nothing to eliminate those elements from his administration. In fact, everyone he's brought has made it worse.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tchookem said:

As someone who views government the same way you do, I can't understand how, at this point, you can honestly believe this about Trump. He's done nothing to eliminate those elements from his administration. In fact, everyone he's brought has made it worse.

It is reported as being worse but the evidence indicates otherwise and if Trump can't fix this no one can. However, this may be the natural course of how a kleptocracy eventually collapses under its own thievery. 

Edited by Dolemite

10 hours ago, Crusher said:

It's in your mindset how your brain interprets incoming information. Obviously you choose to interpret any thing Trump says as evil. The Weekly Standard writer and I choose to differ.

He's a pathological liar, amongst other things, and that's not up for debate.  Pathological.

Anyone who perceives him as honorable or trustworthy or truthful, is simply really not a reasonable person.  

• Like 5

Hey you cannot like Democrats or lefties or liberals, whatever. Or dislike all Republicans and hate the righties.

But on the specific issue of Donald Trump, you should never initially believe a word he says.  That doesn't mean he's wrong 100% of the time because if you throw enough shit at a wall, some will stick.

He is a lying con man through and through to his core. It's everything and the only thing he knows. Every move he makes is a con in some manner, every day.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

It is reported as being worse but the evidence indicates otherwise and if Trump can't fix this no one can. However, this may be the natural course of how a kleptocracy eventually collapses under its own thievery. 

What fucking world are you living in? All publicly available evidence about kleptocracy points to Trump being even worse than initially advertised.

No matter your ideology, that very basic fact was present from the moment he declared bankruptcy almost 30 years ago

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

What fucking world are you living in? All publicly available evidence about kleptocracy points to Trump being even worse than initially advertised.

No matter your ideology, that very basic fact was present from the moment he declared bankruptcy almost 30 years ago

Why are you bothering with this troll? He spews lies, gets called on them, and then disappears to another thread. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

I think that Donald Trump should be much more careful with his words because they carry extra weight, meaning, and power as he is the President of the United States. Unfortunately, I think we all know he can't or won't do that.

This statement would be appropriate at the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017.  Now it means nothing.

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Why are you bothering with this troll? He spews lies, gets called on them, and then disappears to another thread. 

The problem is that if we all put him and his fellow travelers on ignore, their lies are left unaddressed, and I can guarantee you that those of us who choose to participate in this shit swamp are a minority.

Lurkers are the folks that need to be swayed if we actually want to ensure that teh dolan "y u do dis?" is not re-elected next year.

Admittedly, it's a fucked up choice. I have a few that I have placed on "ignore" because of their insincere, insecure, and dishonest posts are so transparent.

• Like 1

Sorry, I quoted without considering the source. I thought he was being genuine, and at this point, any person saying such things (on this platform, in this thread) is strictly trolling. He got me. I hope he got a good laugh at my expense.

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This statement would be appropriate at the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017.  Now it means nothing.

I'm trying to be fair and rational to another poster who seemed to enjoin the debate in the "right" spirit. But, personally, I think Trump's motivations and desires to admonish, refuse, and persecute asylum seekers are not in question  - regardless of verbiage.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tchookem said:
6 minutes ago, Dolemite said:
Trump can be very good when wants to be. I doubt if any of this made CNN or MSNBC.

You mean he doesn't always want to "Be Best"?

I don't think he cares what people think. Most of the time anyway.

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He called Mueller honorable last week. I think he’s getting wind that its got some bad shit in it.

That's Donald's MO. He changes his mind often because he has no moral foundation. Everything he does and says is with the idea of how can this help me or make me feel better. He is a spoiled child and thus needs to be removed from leading our country. 

Edited by Texas73
  • Like 1

He’s the flipping President of the United States!!

I’m what world is it acceptable for him to only be “good” (whatever the fuck that means) when he wants to be.

I feel safe in saying most of us would find ourselves toting our belongings to our car if we were only good at our jobs when we wanted to be.

The excuses his devotees make for this facsimile of of a person are something else, man.

• Like 6

So, in brief, I think that Donald Trump should be much more careful with his words because they carry extra weight, meaning, and power as he is the President of the United States. Unfortunately, I think we all know he can't or won't do that.

I agree with you bolverk. 

Edited by Dolemite
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

That's Donald's MO. He changes his mind often because he has no moral foundation. Everything he does and says is with the idea of how can this help me or make me feel better. He is a spoiled child and thus needs to be removed from leading our country. 

He is brutal with his distractors until they no longer are a threat, then he becomes reasonable. 

His behavior is dictated by his audience, typically. When in front of the media whom he has zero respect for he is an ass. In front of people in the oval office when he is getting policy implemented or at the Strate of the Union he is a different person.

Trump at Black History Month.

Edited by Dolemite
  • Fuck You 6

17 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Don't know how many of you know who Victor Davis Hanson is, and Levin is no friend of the left but some may find this interesting.

I made it 9:30 in and had to stop at "They[meaning progressives/libs] got what they wanted with civil rights and since then we've had true equality of opportunity." Holy shit. I do not know how anyone could be more out of touch. I hope out of this group of democrats a leader emerges who can articulate a vision for the future that unites the country under reason and multicultural values, restores morality, and starts to address the glaring (and growing) inequality we have today. That's what it's going to take. Guys like Victor Davis Hanson and whoever is interviewing him are are so out of touch, they are beyond hope and we need to just let them die off. They speak like they're facing an existential threat, which is probably accurate but it doesn't mean we should save the out of touch white man. Let him die and let's embrace the future. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We all know you haven’t read it. It’s about 399 pages over your limit. 

He called Mueller honorable last week. I think he’s getting wind that its got some bad shit in it. 

Looks like Trump got the inside scoop on the Mueller Report and is now getting his preemptive narratives in order to combat the facts when they come out.

It’s good to be the King.

• Like 1

Bingo. Juxtapose with family separation images and kids in cages. We need to decide who we are as a country. I hope we are not who Trump believes we are. 

A lot of us are exactly that. Enough of us to re-elect him is my bet.

We bought into an illusion that we’re a decent country. We were stupid and believed what we wanted to. We’re not. We’re not decent at all.
For the 40%, cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

I am FB friends with an old classmate who is a BP agent. In the past couple of years, he’s gotten trumpier. This week, he posted an image of the twin towers in flames, with a quote about how the Muslims promised to take us down from within, and we said we’d never forget. Now they’re in Congress, taking us down from within, and we’ve forgotten their threat. This is how the Trumpkins think, it really is that binary.
Only problem is Trump belongs to the thieves and criminals group. Are you paying attention?

If you ignore all of the overwhelming data that stands against my thesis, and consider only a handful of things that he once said, then my thesis about Trump is unquestionably correct - Trumpkin logic. Stop trying to reason with them. It only inflames them.
If a politician's supporters don't care that he acts with no dignity, no grace, exhibits almost no intellect, and is incapable of telling the truth the vast majority of the time, that tells me everything I need to know about them.  They are bad people.  They can't do the ethical math and come to the conclusion that, even if the ends justify the means, at some point one has to recognize that either those ends are malicious or that they got lucky, and either way it's not a sustainable process if one is actually interested in what is good and right.  And, in Trump's case, the ends never justify the means, because he never gets anything done, with the single exception of sowing division. 
As I said, if that's your goal, you are a bad person, just like Trump.

They are bad people. They have all the data, they’ve just decided that they’re okay with it.

What Trump has revealed about we the people is the worst part of this whole thing. We the people are stupid, cruel, shitheels. It’s our brand. Topped with fake bleached hair.
  • Like 5

We'll never know all the evil deeds done by this WH.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/06/politics/family-separations-plan/index.html

(CNN)It could take up to two years for the government to identify potentially thousands of additional immigrant families US authorities separated at the southern border, officials said in a court filing.

The government's proposed plan, detailed for the first time in documents filed late Friday night, outlines a strategy for piecing together exactly who might have been separated by combing through thousands of records using a mix of data analysis and manual review.

We'll never know all the evil deeds done by this WH.https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/06/politics/family-separations-plan/index.html

(CNN)It could take up to two years for the government to identify potentially thousands of additional immigrant families US authorities separated at the southern border, officials said in a court filing. The government's proposed plan, detailed for the first time in documents filed late Friday night, outlines a strategy for piecing together exactly who might have been separated by combing through thousands of records using a mix of data analysis and manual review.

When all is said and done, we’re going to need a “truth and reconciliation commission” just to tell the whole story.

But who am I kidding - we’re never going to get there. Our only options are to be the America that the Trumpkins dream of, or self-destruction due to complete division. There is no good ending to this story.

Run the simulation as many times as you want, WOPR, the outcome is always the same...

037b26c51caf4f043b56135ec937517d.jpg

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They are bad people. They have all the data, they’ve just decided that they’re okay with it.

What Trump has revealed about we the people is the worst part of this whole thing. We the people are stupid, cruel, shitheels. It’s our brand. Topped with fake bleached hair.

I know some who are good people, who have zero inclination to keep informed, and who years ago started only watching Fox.   They need to be condemned for abdicating their duty to be an informed voter, but we've never had a country of informed voters.  It is a myth.

• Like 1