Formula 1 2019

wood

Yes I have and sorry but F1 is a parade 90% of the time.

There is rarely “overtaking “ as you like to call it when someone actually passes someone which is extremely rare.

There were more lead changes in the last five laps at Indy today than most F1 races in a season.

Sorry F1 

you lose

Yes I have and sorry but F1 is a parade 90% of the time. There is rarely “overtaking “ as you like to call it when someone actually passes someone which is extremely rare.

There were more lead changes in the last five laps at Indy today than most F1 races in a season.

Sorry F1 

you lose

If you like your spec series, you can keep your spec series. (I say this as an Indycar fan).

They’re different. If all you care about is overtaking then, okay, you’ve found what you like. Enjoy it.

I will admit some track are pretty though. Australia, Spain, Monaco, Singapore, Abu Dhabi are hard to overtake on. It happens.

Fiat merger with Renault has some F1 implications. With Renault being rather terrible at F1 I don't see a combined company running two separate programs like VAG did in LMP1. Would half the field be running Ferrari engines under one name or another?

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

Fiat merger with Renault has some F1 implications. With Renault being rather terrible at F1 I don't see a combined company running two separate programs like VAG did in LMP1. Would half the field be running Ferrari engines under one name or another?

That is an interesting aspect for sure

The helmet tributes would've been even cooler if they didn't have all their sponsors on there. Basically match Niki's helmet exactly.

The cars are too long and wide (twss) for Monaco. I love the track, but the cars outgrew the place long ago. I am thinking back to 2001? when DC was stuck behind Enrique Bernoldi for half the race.

Indy was great.

Seems like shit is bad for Charles at the moment, but where else could he go?

• 2 weeks later...

Dont keep up religiously...

so knew Ferrari was going with straight line speed this year and mercs eat them up in the corners

So were all the early races (besides Monaco of course) just tight tracks

Ferrari was eclipsing Mercedes in the straights by .6 seconds. Did they figure something out or is Canada just the best track for them with long back stretch

Dont keep up religiously...

so knew Ferrari was going with straight line speed this year and mercs eat them up in the corners

So were all the early races (besides Monaco of course) just tight tracks

Ferrari was eclipsing Mercedes in the straights by .6 seconds. Did they figure something out or is Canada just the best track for them with long back stretch

Ferrari ran detuned a bit in Australia I think.

Leclerc would’ve won in Bahrain if not for having the engine issue.

The other races Merc has been much better, though Baku was a little interesting in that Merc did beat Ferrari pretty handily there.

Today I think is a combination of things:

a) Canada is mostly start/stop corners. Yes, they’re low speed but not in the same way that Spain S3 and Monaco are (for the most part). Merc advantage isn’t as much on corners like that. S3 here is just where the hairpin starts, then is all straights besides the WoC chicane. Ferrari (well, Seb) made up 3 tenths here. Their Q3 engine mode is really damn good.

b) AMuS states Merc is running detuned somewhat until they figure out what caused Stroll’s engine failure. That engine was brand new as all Merc powered cars got new PUs for this race.

c) Ferrari was eating up rear tires in practice. Merc (and Red Bull probably) likely have a bit more rear DF for the race to maintain rear tire life.

d) Seb absolutely nailed his Q3 lap. It was

perfect! Hamilton did too, but in combination with the factors above, Seb beat him today.

Race should be fun. If Hamilton gets past at the start, I thin knees will win. If not, he still has a great chance with an undercut and good tire management, but it depends on where Bottas can get up to and if he can run a little long in the first stint. Curious to see if Renault pace can continue in the race.

• Like 2

Best revelation of this race is that journalists are in a WhatsApp with Ferrari management. Can you imagine that happening with an NFL team where an NFL beat writer is in a WhatsApp group chat with the coach and the general manager

Last 2 laps have illustrated how regarded DRS is. Leclerc gets around verstappen using DRS and gets to use it going into T1 afterward, and then RIC defends Bottas using DRS he'd gotten as Russell pulled over going into the hairpin. Give everyone 2 or 3 seconds a lap of moving rear wing instead of this contrived BS.

Meanwhile, ham is on vettel's ass

• Like 1

What a shit question, "should he have slowed down to rejoin?" He made the fucking mistake!
I agree but i can also see how the second slip on the grass pushed him wider than he meant as mentioned

It is racing...they both got thru it without incident so im kinda just meh

I don't care for either team, just want a entertaining race. They just ended that. Let them race. I could understand if they hit each other but that was weak
Kinda agree...i was getting pumped about last 10 last laps with Hamilton right on Vettel...and then nope
  • Like 1