Formula 1 2019

wood

Actually kind of okay with the fact my DVR fucked up this morning. Another Hamilton win with Mercedes alone at the front and the safety car miraculously helping Hamilton. Boring as shit, plus I can watch the Verstappen madness in highlight length clips. The rest of the info and numbers can be digested after the fact.

4 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Lewis is incredible. 30 lap old hard tires and gets fastest lap on the last lap of the race.

What an incredible race everywhere else today, too.

goes back to question on previous page:  is hamilton that good or is it his car?  answer is both.

btw, anywhere to get a replay of this race?  cant find it on the torrents?

Vettel and Max should just scissor. They are both cunts. 

Merc wasn't losing at Silverstone. Sometimes greatness is boring. And if you don't like Hamilton then f1 sucks right now. Sucked if you didn't like vettel a few years ago. 

I'm digging leclerc, though. Think he is a legit threat as he gets more races under his belt. Too bad for him Ferrari can't seem to figure their own fucking cars out. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Actually kind of okay with the fact my DVR fucked up this morning. Another Hamilton win with Mercedes alone at the front and the safety car miraculously helping Hamilton. Boring as shit, plus I can watch the Verstappen madness in highlight length clips. The rest of the info and numbers can be digested after the fact.

There was enough nutty shit going on (and good racing exclusive of Mercedes) that I don't really think this is an accurate assumption on your part. 

As boring Merc 1-2s go, this wasn't one of them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

And i can't decide if Haas has become the aggy of the F1 Circuit

It's getting closer & closer between them & Williams.

Felt bad for a couple of guys today getting screwed by that SC ... Of course most of all Bottas who had successfully defended against Lewis and then gets fucked through no wrongdoing of his own, and Norris. Probably some others that got fucked by that SC as well. 

Hate the penalty on Vettel there. No it didn't change the outcome & yes it was his 'fault', but it was more of a physical mistake than a case of him willfully doing something wrong or stupid to cause an accident. Looked to me like just good, hard racing & he was gonna go down the inside and then once he realized it wasn't there it was just too late and he locked up and he hit Max. Racing incident imho. Looked very similar to Dan vs Max in Baku.

Edited by wood

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

goes back to question on previous page:  is hamilton that good or is it his car?  answer is both.

Lewis is a great driver.  He's also driving the best car.  But today, it was just a freak occurrence that gave him the safety car exactly when it would benefit him and harm his competitors the most.  What are you gonna do?

• Like 1

In other news, LeClerc's race was pretty fantastic.  Lots of great battles between him and the Red Bulls, lap after lap.  

And I think @wood is being way kinder to Vettel than I'm inclined to be.  It looked to me like he got really frustrated at being passed by Max, and it blew his mind.  I guess I don't think he deliberately rammed Max, but I think he was running way too hot to ever think he could make that move, which is just a huge mistake and the kind you just can't make when you're in contention for the podium.  Just a massive disappointment and I can't help but wonder how long he'll remain at Ferrari.

Edited by utee94

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

In other news, LeClerc's race was pretty fantastic.  Lots of great battles between him and the Red Bulls, lap after lap.  

And I think @wood is being way kinder to Vettel than I'm inclined to be.  It looked to me like he got really frustrated at being passed by Max, and it blew his mind.  I guess I don't think he deliberately rammed Max, but I think he was running way too hot to ever think he could make that move, which is just a huge mistake and the kind you just can't make when you're in contention for the podium.  Just a massive disappointment and I can't help but wonder how long he'll remain at Ferrari.

Oh, it was (yet another) Vettel mistake in a long list, to be sure, imho. I'm no Seb fan & don't ever mean to intentionally be kind to him ;). I just don't think it warranted a penalty. It was kind of a token penalty anyway, but still a penalty. To me it was a mistake in the heat of battle, where sometimes people just make the wrong move or judge something poorly. It was definitely a split-second thing.

But yeah, to me, Vettel has had the appearance of a dead man walking since way back last year. I think he's known he was on his way out at Ferrari since last summer, either by his own choice or the team's. I think now it's just a matter of whether he's gonna retire or go to another team.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

That race had it all - great racing between the red bulls and Ferraris (and between lewis is bottas the first few laps), a safety car right when it could most benefit Hamilton, merc and Ferrari both fucking up strategy for their #2 drivers, vettel fucking himself, not much more you could ask for

edit: lol@ the merc guy thanking charles for the entertainment

Edited by elfenix

23 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's a pretty poor take.

Bottas and Hamilton on lap 4, fighting back and forth.
Leclert and Verstappen fighting.
Red Bull vs Ferrari.

Pretty entertaining race. As always - ignore the top, it's gonna be Mercedes. Look further down, much more exciting.

There is a theory that This whole Twitter shit is about Rich Energy trying to goad Haas into removing the Rich Energy livery so Rich can sue Haas for breach of contract, to get some cash. Apparently Rich Energy owes Whyte bikes some money that was due on the 11th, which they haven't paid. Also saw somewhere that Rich still hasn't paid Haas any if the sponsorship money due.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, relapse98 said:

Red Bull vs Ferrari.

Pretty entertaining race. As always - ignore the top, it's gonna be Mercedes. Look further down, much more exciting.

Riccardio vs Sainz also entertaining, imo. 

I wish the TV director would stick with all the cars finishing instead of just following the winner's victory lap immediately after he crosses the line.  About my only (newbie) beef.  Just hold the view of the finish line until they all cross.  Seems like a simple thing.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, relapse98 said:

Red Bull vs Ferrari.

Like I said, I've seen all of that now. When investing an hour-and-a-half to watch a full race I like some tension in who is going to win the thing. That was gone on lap 20.

I certainly went back to watch all of the above and had no problem finding it all.

Edited by Huckleberry

He doesn’t really need one. He has plenty of money. I think they did this cause it has a bank guarantee (rumor).

They purposefully ran their first few years with no title sponsor so it was just their name out there.
I hope there is some guarantee or money up front. If not that was a terrible contract, well still is

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 7/14/2019 at 10:33 AM, 52-80 said:

You can also get replays of F1 and a lot of other motorsport at Burning Wheels. This guy is awesome and is somehow managing to stay under the radar. Don't post this on any big motorsport sites or reddit, please.

http://burningwhee1s.blogspot.com/search/label/F0RМUL%40-1 2019

...and there's also the Driven blog: https://drivenofficial.blogspot.com/search/label/F1 2019?&max-results=5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Riccardio vs Sainz also entertaining, imo. 

I wish the TV director would stick with all the cars finishing instead of just following the winner's victory lap immediately after he crosses the line.  About my only (newbie) beef.  Just hold the view of the finish line until they all cross.  Seems like a simple thing.

Agree completely. I've hated this for as long as I've watched racing.

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

I hope there is some guarantee or money up front. If not that was a terrible contract, well still is

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The rumor going around is that there was $6M or $7M paid up front.

Edited by wood

I just wish they'd make the cars smaller, closer to the 80s and early 90s sizes.  When I worked at AMD, we had one of Schumi's WDC Ferraris in the lobby of our Santa Clara office for several months, and I was able to stand right next to it.  Even those 2000s cars were way smaller than what we have now.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

I just wish they'd make the cars smaller, closer to the 80s and early 90s sizes.  When I worked at AMD, we had one of Schumi's WDC Ferraris in the lobby of our Santa Clara office for several months, and I was able to stand right next to it.  Even those 2000s cars were way smaller than what we have now.

Yeah the cars are ridiculously huge, long, & heavy now.