Texas vs. Oklahoma State - 6:00pm on ESPNU

Pancho

I'm not sure this Oklahoma State team is going to win another conference game. I only watched the last 3 minutes but holy shit they look bad. They look like a directional OOC team you schedule in November to work on offensive sets and give the kids a fun win to attend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure this Oklahoma State team is going to win another conference game. I only watched the last 3 minutes but holy shit they look bad. They look like a directional OOC team you schedule in November to work on offensive sets and give the kids a fun win to attend. 

You sayin' they look like Radford, bruh?

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Everyone else just spread out and stood still.  We needed a 3, and the plan was to just isolate Roach and have him pull up over the defender I guess.  No screens.  No movement off the ball.  Literally nothing was drawn up.

That was the embodiment of the “roll the ball out on the floor” style of coaching.  What a joke.

I think you kind of have to run a play like that in that situation. If you run a play, they can foul you in your set. An iso play would mean it’s an intentional foul away from the ball right?

It looked like shit and it’s not why we lost. How can a basketball player wear shoes without traction? I swear we always have a guy sliding around on the road

Edited by Revolution512

IIRC, DO missed his last 6 shots including,

I wide open layup.

I wide open 3.

And some sort of off-balanced-try-to-draw-a-foul bullshit.

I'm trying to recall the shooting numbers in the 2nd half... something like 13 of 27(?) which means that Texas shot something like 62% from the field in the 2nd half when you take away DO's misses.

ESPN hasn't updated the minutes played stat, but he was out there quite a bit and only had 4 rebounds (3 fouls). 

Hamm comes in and immediately takes two drives to the rack for buckets and has an offensive and defensive rebound and is gone the remainder of the game.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I think we had enough time to run a pick for a shooter if nothing else rather than just playing for a pull up hero ball heave.  If OSU wanted to foul they would have gone after the ball handler and we wouldn’t be able to stop them regardless of what happened off the ball.

Pretty easy to just hold a guy on a pick play. Doesn’t really matter anyway, we blow

there's no defense for that final play design. none. kerwin roach goes on his own while four other guys just stand still and watch him. that's not some sort of strategy by the HC, that's incompetence. the fact that your dumb ass has the nerve to tell someone else that he doesn't know what he's talking about is laughable. 

edit: referring to 512 who keeps defending shaka and claiming that the last play was "strategy" from our brilliant head coach. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

there's no defense for that final play design. none. kerwin roach goes on his own while four other guys just stand still and watch him. that's not some sort of strategy by the HC, that's incompetence. the fact that your dumb ass has the nerve to tell someone else that he doesn't know what he's talking about is laughable. 

edit: referring to 512 who keeps defending shaka and claiming that the last play was "strategy" from our brilliant head coach. 

Hey listen you fat fucking moron, nobody is defending anything. Pointing out common sense isn’t arguing strategy. Teams clearing out isn’t uncommon across the country including from the coach whose dick you’ve sucked bone dry. You’re lucky if you aren’t fouled in that situation. You’ve never played sports and show your ass across forums and are routinely made fun of. Look in the mirror you uneducated fuck

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Hey listen you fat fucking moron, nobody is defending anything. Pointing out common sense isn’t arguing strategy. Teams clearing out isn’t uncommon across the country including from the coach whose dick you’ve sucked bone dry. You’re lucky if you aren’t fouled in that situation. You’ve never played sports and show your ass across forums and are routinely made fun of. Look in the mirror you uneducated fuck

lol, and i'm the one with issues. jesus. everything you've said tonight has not only been completely retarded, it's all been designed to deflect blame away from shaka, which is insane. it's amazing how you continue to say things and then throw a fit and deny that you've said them.

fact: tonight you've claimed that most great basketball players improve their basketball IQ on their own (wrong, and just silly), and that Shaka deserves no blame for that final play because it was a nice bit of strategy to avoid letting OSU foul us, as if A)they couldn't have fouled us anyway (hello), and B)that Kerwin Roach is the right man to have the ball in his hands assuming shaka did want a clear out. 

you posit these insane theories and then tell someone else that they don't know what they're talking about; you tell me to look in the mirror while simultaneously lacking the self awareness to see that literally nobody here agrees with you re: the final play; and you make the first insult and then act like a complete baby when i respond in kind, yet you think i'm the one with the emotional issues. i'm not the one who needs a mirror or an education on basketball. jesus. 

Edited by Goo Punch

12 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I hate to jump into the middle of this, but why would you clear out when you need a 3?  I get isolation when tied, down 1, or 2, but 3?  Roach was being fronted at the top of the arch.  He was either supposed to shoot a contested NBA 3-pointer or drive and dish.  Problem is that he wasted so much time coming down the court, the defense knows he'd have to dish back out to a teammate for a 3 which would be very easily defended.

I think most coaches would have called a timeout and designed some sort of play which allowed a shooter (lol) to come off a screen or pop open.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Do engage [    ]

Don’t engage [ x ]

If I'm wrong, I can handle it.  I probably average 15 hours a week of basketball from about age 15 to 23; however, it was never organized.  I am, by no means, an expert on X's and O's, so I'd like to hear where I may be wrong in my aforementioned assertion.

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

well i've been opining for a while now that shaka's camp counselor vibe could lead to this. how do you respond to a high leverage situation if you never get put in one until the games come around? oh and when nobody gets benched for bad habits and bad habits don't get corrected? 

25 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I hate to jump into the middle of this, but why would you clear out when you need a 3?  I get isolation when tied, down 1, or 2, but 3?  Roach was being fronted at the top of the arch.  He was either supposed to shoot a contested NBA 3-pointer or drive and dish.  Problem is that he wasted so much time coming down the court, the defense knows he'd have to dish back out to a teammate for a 3 which would be very easily defended.

I think most coaches would have called a timeout and designed some sort of play which allowed a shooter (lol) to come off a screen or pop open.

I’m not arguing or defending the play. Just that I understand in the moment you’re trying to avoid being put on the line and losing a chance to tie. His senior was given the opportunity to make a play in a low percentage situation.

Judging by Shaka’s reaction immediately after, I’m guessing it didn’t go according to plan. Whatever that is.

But again, that play means little to me overall. Just a small part of a movie we’ve all seen too many times.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lol, and i'm the one with issues. jesus. everything you've said tonight has not only been completely retarded, it's all been designed to deflect blame away from shaka, which is insane. it's amazing how you continue to say things and then throw a fit and deny that you've said them.

fact: tonight you've claimed that most great basketball players improve their basketball IQ on their own (wrong, and just silly), and that Shaka deserves no blame for that final play because it was a nice bit of strategy to avoid letting OSU foul us, as if A)they couldn't have fouled us anyway (hello), and B)that Kerwin Roach is the right man to have the ball in his hands assuming shaka did want a clear out. 

you posit these insane theories and then tell someone else that they don't know what they're talking about; you tell me to look in the mirror while simultaneously lacking the self awareness to see that literally nobody here agrees with you re: the final play; and you make the first insult and then act like a complete baby when i respond in kind, yet you think i'm the one with the emotional issues. i'm not the one who needs a mirror or an education on basketball. jesus. 

None of that was said, keep making it up if you wish. But please stop ruining every basketball forum in longhorn message board history.