Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

14 minutes ago, Atx71 said:

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation?.

You are goddamn right, sir!

And if you have a moment please listen to best radio news/current events show on the air. It so happens to be called, wait for it, As It Happens.

But seriously, it's a really good show and offers a nice respite from the constant shit storm of American (USA) news.

Edited by Asithappens

10 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Has this been posted/mentioned yet?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6616793/Kentucky-Catholic-high-school-Lincoln-Memorial-clash-allowed-blackface-pep-rallies.html?ITO=applenews

8807876-6616793-image-m-15_1548106347794

All white school allows students to wear black face at basketball games against opponents with black players.

Given how it could be taken going as far as those two in the picture did is a stupid idea but one of the school's colors is black (hence the plethora of Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison fashion templates in the picture) and the school had "blackout" games where fans were encouraged to dress all in black.

Always better to err on the side of not doing something that might be interpreted as blackface when playing a team with black players.  Perhaps I'm being overly PC but I'm certainly not going to waste any energy defending people that are that lacking in common sense and consideration of others.  

• Like 1

I’d add that playing a drum inches from someone’s face while singing loudly (he has quite the voice) isn’t NOT aggressive.
Maybe, maybe not but it's rude as hell. If the Indian felt threatened then he shouldn't have walked into the middle of the group and banged his drum a foot from the kids face.

And still waiting for the build a wall chant he whined about, I mean we have video of the entire incident yet none of that chant. Was the old man lying?

This whole thing is stupid and over blown, thanks triggered leftist
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

Maybe, maybe not but it's rude as hell. If the Indian felt threatened then he shouldn't have walked into the middle of the group and banged his drum a foot from the kids face.

And still waiting for the build a wall chant he whined about, I mean we have video of the entire incident yet none of that chant. Was the old man lying?

Let me state unequivocally that the Covington kids are a bunch of entitled, spoiled brats that need a good ass kicking, but that doesn't mean they were the instigators in this situation.  I stand by my belief that Nathan Phillips saw his opportunity to make news and shot his shot.   He's a proven liar with at least one alleged, but highly suspect, incident of a similar nature in the past.  He also claimed to be a "recon ranger" during Vietnam, when in fact he served stateside, as an air conditioner repairman...perhaps he meant to say "freon ranger"...not to mention the AWOL on his military record.

The notion that he walked into the group of boys to defuse the situation between them and the Black Hebrew Israelites because he thought shit was gonna go down if he didn't, is laughable.  How someone...with a brain...would think the best way to deescalate a bad situation is to introduce another stressor is beyond me.  You don't bang a drum and loudly chant in someone's face to calm them down. 

Again, the MAGA kids are shit bags, but Mr. Phillips isn't the innocent, well-meaning arbiter he's painting himself to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Smax said:

Who cares if he was lying? He was older than dirt and maybe partly senile. Dont be disrespectful.to people different from you. Pretty fucking simple. Not all of life should be lived like a snarky social media site. 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't care about the blackout paint. The white eyes and face are a very Sambo, but I think their intention was to participate in "blackout" (hence the shirts and pants and such all around them) and they are both inartful and ignorant in execution (this is a common theme).

There is no need to find further backing evidence of this school's and community's complete failure to rear worthwhile sons than what we already have from the DC video. That insular community has churned out a horde of racist, sexist, ignorant clowns who do not know how to show respect to anyone that isn't in their narrow caste. Their own behavior damns them even without attempting to divine the purpose of a blackout painted kid with some Sambo lips and eyes.

The initial reaction of outrage and disgust was the correct one. These boys are who we thought they were and the community that produced them is what we thought it was. Entitled, ignorant rubes who have enough money to create a false reality inside the larger one, a false reality that immediately self-immolates once it contacts the larger world.

The larger takeaway isn't about the individuals, but the poison of bigotry and segregation (which this school and the thousands of other schools like it were founded in order to perpetuate as legal segregation died).

Simply this. 

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Let me state unequivocally that the Covington kids are a bunch of entitled, spoiled brats that need a good ass kicking, but that doesn't mean they were the instigators in this situation.

Before the incident they were shouting at groups of people walking past them, there is video evidence. They were shouting sexist things at girls. In every video provided they are in a constant state of escalation. They are chanting, shouting, and dancing around (one of them even shirtless on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial).

They are ABSOLUTELY responsible for instigating the situation.

This is not a group of polite young men who were minding their own business only to be accosted by dreaded minorities.

12 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That would be my gut reaction too. However, your kids and I grew up in a more sane time than now. With social media and the lasting negative effects for their future and how terribly polarized things are it’s not a slam dunk answer that they should tuck their tails between their legs. Say the kid was on the saint side of the equation, a mea culpa tour would impugn their character and confirm their culpability in the arena of public opinion even though hypothetically they’re innocent. You wouldn’t fight that? It says something that the paid pros advocated for the course of action they are which has mostly been effective hasn’t it? There are no heroes here. The kids looked like assholes. Fuck Twitter and social media. It’s destroying this country.

100% this. 

45 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They are ABSOLUTELY responsible for instigating the situation.

Wrong, the old man is 100% responsible, he took it upon himself to walk into a group of people banging his drum chanting who knows what and stood a foot away from the face of the kid.  Had the old man minded his own business and just walked on by, we wouldn't have heard of any of this, instead he escalated the situation then turned around and lied to everyone about the steps leading up the event. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Smax said:

Wrong, the old man is 100% responsible, he took it upon himself to walk into a group of people banging his drum chanting who knows what and stood a foot away from the face of the kid.  Had the old man minded his own business and just walked on by, we wouldn't have heard of any of this, instead he escalated the situation then turned around and lied to everyone about the steps leading up the event. 

Are you as critical.of the liar in the White House? 

25 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Nathan Phillips is melodramatic and a liar. Is that debatable? 

The kids are buttholes and liars. Is that debatable?

MAGA hats, in 2019, while not being hate speech or anything else as ridiculous, is still a very ballsy thing to wear knowing that the culture of America is stacked against you. Personally, I wouldn't wear one or allow my kids to wear one because whether fair or not, it's inviting conflict that I'd rather avoid.

Nathan Phillips, an adult, brought conflict to kids, lied about his intentions/origins of interaction, and cloaked his entering into conflict with underage they's with the whole "I'm just a peaceful medicine man who is trying to be peaceful and help out" when really he is making a statement against perceived racism via the maga hat proxy.

The lying buttholes are white, which means they are members of the politically dominant ethnic group. Nathan Phillips is a member of a politically oppressed ethnic group. That matters in this context.

2 hours ago, Atx71 said:

Who cares if he was lying? He was older than dirt and maybe partly senile. Dont be disrespectful.to people different from you. Pretty fucking simple. Not all of life should be lived like a snarky social media site. 

He’s 64. That’s old and senile?

9 minutes ago, Atx71 said:

Interesting enough..... a Cajun.. Bienville parrish. Then Red River county, Texas and the Comanches.

Well I hope she learned to sing Dixie and Battle Hymn of the Republic with equal enthusiasm.

I know I have.

All this talk's got me hankerin' for some rock candy.

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

I've been to Spurs playoff games where fans had their faces painted black.

Shit, some of 'em were sitting right behind the players, talking to them at shoot around, laughing, smiling.  Of course, they gave the opposing players shit during freethrows and inbounds passes.

Thank God I came here otherwise I would never have known they were flaming racists.

giphy.gif

The NBA wouldn't allow any fan to stay in the arena in blackface paint.   Popovich would personally toss the fan out.  Now if you mean that had a spurs logo painted on their face surrounded by black, that's something else.

• Like 2

It’s laughable that so many people have gotten worked up about such a ridiculously trivial matter. Let’s run some probabilities Were some maybe even a lot of the kids acting like assholes? Probably. Did the the adult chaperones, Black Hebrews and Native American adults completely fail to de-escalate the situation and instead amp it up. Most definitely. The adults should be brought to task. I posit this hypo, if the kids weren’t wearing MAGA hats, would this have even become a story? It’s the Trump hate that fueled it. That’s why I’d never let my kid wear any Trump gear or put a sign supporting him anywhere on my property even if I was behind him 100%. No need to antagonize the woke crowd that are itching for violence against those of us on the right. Better for your enemies not to know what you actually believe or support.

Sohrab bringing it with this editorial. By far and away the best op-Ed guy in the business:

Nathan Phillips is a liar, not a victim

By Post Editorial Board

Days after Nathan Phillips’ story of his confrontation with a group of students in Washington was thoroughly discredited, many on the left are still rallying behind him, pretending he was somehow a victim.

This, even after both the New York Times and the Washington Post had to publish not just “clarifications” about the incident itself, but even corrections of his claim to be a Vietnam, or “Vietnam times,” veteran. (Turns out he was a stateside refrigerator technician, and frequently AWOL.)

It also turns out Phillips made nearly identical allegations against a few college students four years ago.

Yet the instant a single video of this incident hit Twitter, journalists jumped to uncritically accept Phillips’ account of how a mob of MAGA-hat-wearing white teens surrounded and taunted him. After all, the image exploited reporters’ preconceptions: Here was an aged Native American surrounded by a pack of smirking pro-Trump teens.

But full videos of the incident soon showed he was lying: He was the one who confronted the students, unprovoked, beating a drum just inches from their faces.

In fact, video shows the Covington school students were themselves being taunted with racist and homophobic slurs by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites.

Yet Phillips claims the kids “were in the process of attacking these four black individuals” and “looked like they were going to lynch them,” hence his move to “do something.” Why not beat his drum at the “Israelite” aggressors?

The video also shows, contra Phillips, no sign the kids were defiantly chanting “Build that wall.” Nor does it feature Phillips saying anything that sounds remotely like an effort to pacify the situation.

Yet he still has supporters because he keeps crafting new narratives that appeal to left-liberal prejudice. He certainly has the right bottom line, though: “Time for lies to be not accepted anymore,” he told CNN.

Yes: Starting with his.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Joe Rogan thinks we faked the moon landing?

Outstanding.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

In the Bari Weiss interview he says he used to be a moon landing denier. lol oh my god

BUT HE WAS JUST ASKING QUESTIONS.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT SOMETHING THAT COULDNT HAVE BEEN FAKED, AND THAT THE SOVIETS WOULD HAVE CALLED US OUT ON!

1 hour ago, Mole said:

Joe Rogan does a great Alex Jones impersonation.

He’s been friends with Jones since before Jones escaped Austin Public Access.  When Jones was getting the boot from various platforms last year, Rogan actually posited the thought that had he (Rogan) been around Jones more, he could have steered him away from some of the stuff that got him in trouble.   He complained that Jones had too many Yes Men around him.  

40 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Do you bow down to your own shit cause its brown?

He has such hatred for his own people. Some of the white, woke progressive mentality has almost a fanatical anger towards Western civilization and history as part of it. The truth is that when judged against the entire expanse of history, whites/Europeans have treated others far better than if the shoe was on the other foot. Let’s see how David Dennison would like living during the time of the Golden Horde, Arab Muslim conquests, etc as a white man. Half the population of the known was decimated during the Mongolian invasions. This dude is either a troll or has so much hatred that he can’t see straight. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He has such hatred for his own people. Some of the white, woke progressive ethos is an almost fanatical anger towards Western civilization and history. The truth is that when judged against the entire expanse of history, whites/Europeans have treated others far better than if the shoe was on the other foot. Let’s see how David Dennison would like living during the time of the Golden Horde, Arab Muslim conquests, etc as a white man. Half the population of the known was decimated during the Mongolian invasions. This dude is either a troll or has so much hatred that he can’t see straight. 

How do you continue to make yourself look even more stupid every single day?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He has such hatred for his own people. Some of the white, woke progressive mentality has almost a fanatical anger towards Western civilization and history as part of it. The truth is that when judged against the entire expanse of history, whites/Europeans have treated others far better than if the shoe was on the other foot. Let’s see how David Dennison would like living during the time of the Golden Horde, Arab Muslim conquests, etc as a white man. Half the population of the known was decimated during the Mongolian invasions. This dude is either a troll or has so much hatred that he can’t see straight. 

History v. hypothetical.

Solid argument, ding dong.

59 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

It’s laughable that so many people have gotten worked up about such a ridiculously trivial matter. Let’s run some probabilities Were some maybe even a lot of the kids acting like assholes? Probably. Did the the adult chaperones, Black Hebrews and Native American adults completely fail to de-escalate the situation and instead amp it up. Most definitely. The adults should be brought to task. I posit this hypo, if the kids weren’t wearing MAGA hats, would this have even become a story? It’s the Trump hate that fueled it. That’s why I’d never let my kid wear any Trump gear or put a sign supporting him anywhere on my property even if I was behind him 100%. No need to antagonize the woke crowd that are itching for violence against those of us on the right. Better for your enemies not to know what you actually believe or support.

Sohrab bringing it with this editorial. By far and away the best op-Ed guy in the business:

Reveal hidden contents

Nathan Phillips is a liar, not a victim

By Post Editorial Board

Days after Nathan Phillips’ story of his confrontation with a group of students in Washington was thoroughly discredited, many on the left are still rallying behind him, pretending he was somehow a victim.

This, even after both the New York Times and the Washington Post had to publish not just “clarifications” about the incident itself, but even corrections of his claim to be a Vietnam, or “Vietnam times,” veteran. (Turns out he was a stateside refrigerator technician, and frequently AWOL.)

It also turns out Phillips made nearly identical allegations against a few college students four years ago.

Yet the instant a single video of this incident hit Twitter, journalists jumped to uncritically accept Phillips’ account of how a mob of MAGA-hat-wearing white teens surrounded and taunted him. After all, the image exploited reporters’ preconceptions: Here was an aged Native American surrounded by a pack of smirking pro-Trump teens.

But full videos of the incident soon showed he was lying: He was the one who confronted the students, unprovoked, beating a drum just inches from their faces.

In fact, video shows the Covington school students were themselves being taunted with racist and homophobic slurs by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites.

Yet Phillips claims the kids “were in the process of attacking these four black individuals” and “looked like they were going to lynch them,” hence his move to “do something.” Why not beat his drum at the “Israelite” aggressors?

The video also shows, contra Phillips, no sign the kids were defiantly chanting “Build that wall.” Nor does it feature Phillips saying anything that sounds remotely like an effort to pacify the situation.

Yet he still has supporters because he keeps crafting new narratives that appeal to left-liberal prejudice. He certainly has the right bottom line, though: “Time for lies to be not accepted anymore,” he told CNN.

Yes: Starting with his.

Since we're doing hypotheticals, how about if the kids jumping around and shouting chants were black? I can guarantee that the word 'thug' would be thick in the air around Fox News and other right-wing media outlets, to start with. Agree or disagree?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

History v. hypothetical.

Solid argument, ding dong.

History:

White Europeans were far more benevolent than the following:

1. Han Chinese in their persecution subjugation of Uighurs, Tibetans, etc.

2. Muslims and the atrocities they committed against kafirs during their invasions.

Just a couple of examples yet you seem to single out whites for being the worst of the worst. You would never in a million years give up the protection and security of what you have here 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Since we're doing hypotheticals, how about if the kids jumping around and shouting chants were black? I can guarantee that the word 'thug' would be thick in the air around Fox News and other right-wing media outlets, to start with. Agree or disagree?

It was the image of the smirking kid in the MAGA hat next to the Indian that was the ignition to this ridiculous controversy. This would never even registered a peep if it was black kids chanting with no MAGA hats next to an Indian.

• Like 1