Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

It was the image of the smirking kid in the MAGA hat next to the Indian that was the ignition to this ridiculous controversy. This would never even registered a peep if it was black kids chanting with no MAGA hats next to an Indian.

But it was white kids wearing symbols of white supremacy. That's why we're talking about it.

23 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He has such hatred for his own people. Some of the white, woke progressive mentality has almost a fanatical anger towards Western civilization and history as part of it. The truth is that when judged against the entire expanse of history, whites/Europeans have treated others far better than if the shoe was on the other foot. Let’s see how David Dennison would like living during the time of the Golden Horde, Arab Muslim conquests, etc as a white man. Half the population of the known was decimated during the Mongolian invasions. This dude is either a troll or has so much hatred that he can’t see straight. 

Since the Mongols did bad shit long ago, its ok to separate children from their parents at the border today? Is that what you are saying?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Since the Mongols did bad shit long ago, its ok to separate children from their parents at the border today? Is that what you are saying?

No what I’m saying is David Dennison reduces everything down to race when it’s not. He makes white people into the absolute devil when the truth is they have been far more tolerant and accepting of other races and ethnicities. Are there problems and have there been awful events in the past- the answer is yes. The truth is humans are tribal and non-Western societies are far less inviting for a minority  

• Like 1

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

No what I’m saying is David Dennison reduces everything down to race when it’s not. He makes white people into the absolute devil when the truth is they have been far more tolerant and accepting of other races and ethnicities. Are there problems and have there been awful events in the past- the answer is yes. The truth is humans are tribal and non-Western societies are far less inviting for a minority  

The old two wrongs make a right argument.

More solid rhetoric.

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

It was the image of the smirking kid in the MAGA hat next to the Indian that was the ignition to this ridiculous controversy. This would never even registered a peep if it was black kids chanting with no MAGA hats next to an Indian.

Perhaps. Let's make it more parallel: Suppose there was a minute or two of footage of a black kid standing directly in front of a white priest who was praying or reading from the bible, and the black kid was smirking arrogantly while a large crowd of black teenagers carried on behind him?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Perhaps. Let's make it more parallel: Suppose there was a minute or two of footage of a black kid standing directly in front of a white priest who was praying or reading from the bible, and the black kid was smirking arrogantly while a large crowd of black teenagers carried on behind him?

I don’t see the match and powder keg in your hypo for the right wing Twitter idiots to get going. In my opinion you’d need to mix in Muslims, especially those in hijabs, smirking at a priest reading from the Bible to get a right wing freakout.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I don’t see the match and powder keg in your hypo for the right wing Twitter idiots to get going. In my opinion you’d need to mix in Muslims, especially those in hijabs, smirking at a priest reading from the Bible to get a right wing freakout.

Either you're naive or you're being intentionally obtuse. Dark skin is all it would take.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You’re trying to say I don’t love my own people. I love Iranians who are real Persians and love our great pre-Islamic history. Those that have become Arabized and Islamified can go to hell. It’s the difference between those of us who identified with and loved Shahanshah Aryamehr and those who followed the bastard Khomeini who hated everything about Persian culture in favor of Islam.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

2 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Either you're naive or you're being intentionally obtuse. Dark skin is all it would take.

Blacks don’t move the needle when it comes to being identified as “other” in this country anymore. Muslims who are visible are 

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

giphy.gif

The NBA wouldn't allow any fan to stay in the arena in blackface paint.   Popovich would personally toss the fan out.  Now if you mean that had a spurs logo painted on their face surrounded by black, that's something else.

Love that meme, but it's wasted here.

It was a group sitting near the Spurs bench.  I remember black faces with silver, shiny baseball caps.  I think one woman had silver lipstick and eye shade too.  No logos and the faces were black, sans the lipstick and eye shade.  None were shirtless, thank God.  They weren't afraid of the concession stand, I can tell you that.  Fat Antonio baby!  2004 iirc

Pop paid zero attention.  Not one fuck given.  Players and staff were interacting with smiles on their faces.  If they only knew!

Edited by Cajun

5 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He has such hatred for his own people. Some of the white, woke progressive mentality has almost a fanatical anger towards Western civilization and history as part of it. The truth is that when judged against the entire expanse of history, whites/Europeans have treated others far better than if the shoe was on the other foot. Let’s see how David Dennison would like living during the time of the Golden Horde, Arab Muslim conquests, etc as a white man. Half the population of the known was decimated during the Mongolian invasions. This dude is either a troll or has so much hatred that he can’t see straight. 

Some rather serious self projection going on right about here. 

Your hatred for some of your own people is rather obvious. But I guess that’s ok because, well, it’s your own hate. 

Good read. 

Some highlights. 

Nicholas Sandmann shouldn’t have to bear the weight of this phenomenon alone. He is but one of thousands of kids and adults who have taken part in these rituals, and he may yet mature into someone who feels embarrassed by his youthful antics. The purpose of broadening the discussion is to assess the damage Trump is inflicting on an entire generation, and on all of society, not on the Covington boys per se. He is making more and more Nicholas Sandmanns, fewer and fewer of whom will ever mature into tolerant individuals. Sandmann may outgrow Trumpism, but the harm of Trumpism is that more kids like Sandmann will grow up to be adults like Trump.

Dealing Trump sustained defeat is the only way to drain away the poisons he has unleashed into the body politic—to show not just Republicans in Congress but his impressionable supporters across the country that the public will ultimately reject antisocial abuses of power. It’s why so much is at stake in coming fights over the wall, the special counsel investigation, oversight, and the election. As long as Trump’s young admirers view their red hats, and all they stand for, as their tickets to unearned success and impunity, as long as unaccountable power is at their fingertips, it will be difficult to divert them toward less toxic public ethics. And the stakes couldn’t be higher, because they are the Republican leaders of the future.

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

But it was white kids wearing symbols of white supremacy. That's why we're talking about it.

Yes yes yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi. Do you understand why literally everybody here hates you? Memes are supposed to be humorous exaggerations. But you literally are the meme. Literally. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You’re trying to say I don’t love my own people. I love Iranians who are real Persians and love our great pre-Islamic history. Those that have become Arabized and Islamified can go to hell. It’s the difference between those of us who identified with and loved Shahanshah Aryamehr and those who followed the bastard Khomeini who hated everything about Persian culture in favor of Islam.

Shah ain't coming back. SAVAK out.front should have told you. 

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Yes yes yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi. Do you understand why literally everybody here hates you? Memes are supposed to be humorous exaggerations. But you literally are the meme. Literally. 

Did you do a poll.on that? "Literally everybody" is a pretty bold Trumpkin-like statement. 

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s been friends with Jones since before Jones escaped Austin Public Access.  When Jones was getting the boot from various platforms last year, Rogan actually posited the thought that had he (Rogan) been around Jones more, he could have steered him away from some of the stuff that got him in trouble.   He complained that Jones had too many Yes Men around him.  

They aren't friends any longer.  Alex Jones put him on blast this week due to his DMT usage.

Edited by Fondren & Main

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

I miss the Icono that just cared about getting the best custom tailored football jersey. This new incarnation is no bueno. 

This one shows up with his Financial Times at the best Chinese restaurant in Houston Christmas to scream WE WILL NOT BE REPLACED at the Jews just trying to get through Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Did the black Hebrews end up in coffins?  They were the worst actors there.  Since they are black I assume they were shot in the face and spit on.

How do we know they were the worst actors here?  I would refrain from passing judgment until we can hear their side of the story.

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

SIAP

The author is tying this dumb kid standing in front of the drum beating Indian to blacks getting shot unjustly by the cops. What a ridiculous argument to make. Wearing a MAGA hat states allegiance to the President. It’s provocative but not a purely racist symbol. Neither is the Tomahawk chop which is done at countless sports stadiums across this stadium. The silent majority of this country would find the author’s assertions to be a joke.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Smax is a dumb racist. There's your explanation.

That’s the end game for progressives. Neutering the political power of the largest demographic component of this country by claiming all exercise of said power by such members is racist and an exercise of white privilege. You’re ok if you’re a member of such group as long as you “check” your privilege which means to actively seek to destroy the system that has produced the wealthiest country the world has known. The author of that article would probably want to ban the wearing of MAGA hats in public if she could do that magically. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, YChang said:

I miss the Icono that just cared about getting the best custom tailored football jersey. This new incarnation is no bueno. 

I have switched to the $99 officially licensed NFL jerseys. Good move by the NFL to offer that price point. They’re not stitched but fit better overall and I’m not buying Chinese knockoff crap. No need to tailor the $99 ones I buy because they fit and look better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That’s the end game for progressives. Neutering the political power of the largest demographic component of this country by claiming all exercise of said power by such members is racist and an exercise of white privilege. You’re ok if you’re a member of such group as long as you “check” your privilege which means to actively seek to destroy the system that has produced the wealthiest country the world has known. The author of that article would probably want to ban the wearing of MAGA hats in public if she could do that magically. 

Um, Smax is kinda known as the board's resident racist. Now, he'll always tell you that you're reading too much into his comments, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Kinda like you and Muslims

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There is a 70 plus minute video.  Go watch it.  

The clearly does not capture everything.  For example, it's often hard to make out what is being yelled between the groups).  At the very least, the Black Israelites need to be interviewed so they can provide additional context to the encounter.  If the MAGA kid got a nationally televised interview, it's only fair that the Israelites have the right to reply.

Look, imo the kids were kind of assholes. But... they are kids. Give them a break. If you're going to go full batshit angry then take your vitriol out on their parents. 

The Black Hebrew Israelites (if I got that right) are the real assholes here. That Indian dude? Well meaning, but clueless. Maybe he's still trying to wrap his head around White Clay not selling beer anymore. (joke)

This is NOT (imo) the thing that anti-Trumpers should hang their hat on. And, full disclosure, I am an anti-Trumper.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Look, imo the kids were kind of assholes. But... they are kids. Give them a break. If you're going to go full batshit angry then take your vitriol out on their parents. 

The Black Hebrew Israelites (if I got that right) are the real assholes here. That Indian dude? Well meaning, but clueless. Maybe he's still trying to wrap his head around White Clay not selling beer anymore. (joke)

This is NOT (imo) the thing that anti-Trumpers should hang their hat on. And, full disclosure, I am an anti-Trumper.

Dude claimed to be a Vietnam Veteran, then lied about everything that happened there to the media. He has a long history of doing this over and over again. That's the opposite of well meaning. He's a stolen valor shithead who should burn in hell.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Dude claimed to be a Vietnam Veteran, then lied about everything that happened there to the media. He has a long history of doing this over and over again. That's the opposite of well meaning. He's a stolen valor shithead who should burn in hell.

None of this is true

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Yeah, link to any of this? All I’ve read shows he was up front. Other reporting agencies who wrote the story on him, not so much.... Also long history?! Haven’t seen any of that, please provide proof, thank you. Maybe he is a Swam character but I’d like to see proof before judging him Swam-esq