Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Any interior OL or DL that have a realistic shot of being in this class?

Sweat is supposed to be a guy that moves inside and there's that tackle in Hawaii that put us in his top 5 but I'm not sure how realistic he is. Idk what's going on for OL. Seems we're only after tackles who can move inside to guard instead of pure guards. I think bragg was/ is the only public plan for center. 

E.J. Holland: Who's next? A look at five commit candidates

It was a big weekend for Texas as it scored another commit and moved up to No. 11 in the national team recruiting rankings. So who's next? Here is a look at five candidates that could join the revolution.

OL Javonne Shepherd, Houston North Forest

One of the top offensive linemen in the country, Shepherd once again named Texas his leader after visiting for the Heat Wave event over the weekend. While Texas A&M has made a strong push, the Longhorns have been able to fend off their recruiting rival so far. Shepherd originally planned to make his decision this month but is now talking about making official visits. Texas will try to close the deal sooner rather than later.

DL Taurean Carter, Mansfield Legacy

Could Texas be close to landing another key piece up front? Carter had a blast on his unofficial visit for the Heat Wave over the weekend and made it clear that TCU and Texas are the two schools separating themselves in his recruitment. Carter is a teammate of Texas safety target Jalen Catalon, and the two have talked about playing together. Texas appears to have the edge with Catalon, which should bode well in the Horns’ pursuit of Carter.

CB Marques Caldwell, Alvin

Caldwell is currently committed to Oregon and has been solid to the Ducks for almost a year. However, the Longhorns put a scholarship on the table during the spring evaluation period, which really changed the dynamic of his recruitment. Caldwell is in the process of setting up a visit to UT, and the Longhorns appear to be in a prime position to flip him from Oregon. After all, Caldwell called Texas his dream offer and was on campus earlier this offseason.

S Chris Adimora, Mayfair (Calif.)

Texas has been doing some work out in California this cycle, landing elite outside linebacker De’Gabriel Floyd. Could Adimora be the next West Coast prospect to hop on the train? It’s certainly a possibility. Adimora loved his unofficial visit to Texas in April and has built an extremely strong relationship with the coaching staff. UT’s biggest threat is Boise State, which hosted him for an official visit over the weekend. He plans to make his decision in August.

S Lewis Cine, Trinity Christian Cedar Hill

Texas appears to be gaining plenty of steam in the recruitment of Cine. The Longhorns hosted him for an official visit over the weekend and made a huge impression on him. Penn State was his leader for a long time, but Cine recently backed off of that statement. Cine has now taken OVs to both Penn State and Texas, and Michigan will get its shot this weekend. UT is in a sneaky good position here as his August decision approaches.

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP but this upcoming weekend is the last to be able to have visitors on campus for a month right?

Yep. Dead Period starts Monday June 25th. Goes through July 24th. 

I imagine most of the coaches will go vacation. July is going to be a slow, slow month for this thread. 

17 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Who is Matt Lange?

Big time record producer. AC/DC, Def Leppard, Huey Lewis and the News, The Cars, Muse. Was married to Shania Twain. He was the voice saying “Gunter Glieben Glauten Globen” on intro to Rock of Ages by Def Leppard. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

EJ changed is Makiya Tongue pick to Georgia.

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Welp. 

That would be a kick in the balls if there's anything to that. Tongue has NFL linebacker written all over him.  The only reason I'd give it any credence whatsoever is EJ gets shit from his subs if he changes a guy away from Texas, so I doubt he's doing that unless he has some sort of info.  But still, it's EJ.  

Edit: Looks like he did visit Georgia recently. Haven't seen any updates on that besides this video, so who knows what's there. 

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dylan Wright's mom

That does not suck. He's like a bigger, more physical, more fluid version of Tommy Bush, if Tommy Bush ever showed any aptitude for playing WR. 

7 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

That would be a kick in the balls if there's anything to that. Tongue has NFL linebacker written all over him.  The only reason I'd give it any credence whatsoever is EJ gets shit from his subs if he changes a guy away from Texas, so I doubt he's doing that unless he has some sort of info.  But still, it's EJ.  

Edit: Looks like he did visit Georgia recently. Haven't seen any updates on that besides this video, so who knows what's there. 

That does not suck. He's like a bigger, more physical, more fluid version of Tommy Bush, if Tommy Bush ever showed any aptitude for playing WR. 

Yeah Georgia already has two 5* WR commits and two ATH commits.

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

😞 Maybe now we push for Gbenda? Should have been doing so anyway

I mentioned it previously and others have as well, but it’s hard to push a kid when he doesn’t give a shit about answering calls or showing up to scheduled stuff. So shut the fuck up when you don’t know what in the fuck you are whining about in the first place. 

• Like 5

Nice to see we made a good push for Davis, but let's see how he's feeling in a week. I'm also interested in what Georgia's big board looks like. I suspect there are a lot more prospects that like the Dawgs than the other way around right now.

As for Jermaine Johnson, just secure that fall OV and go from there.