Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Same with Banks. I haven't seen a ton of him so I could be off. 

It's hard to tell much from Banks' hudl, it's zoomed out and the video quality is poor. So between that and him not looking particularly impressive in a couple of camps, albeit in drills where you have zero help and the WR is allowed to run a zig zag down the field with six seconds to run his route, I'm not sure what to think of him since I've heard that he's a stud corner in person. 

Wait and see and trust the staff I guess 

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I can't remember, is Whittington 100% a WR for us? I know some programs liked him at DB.

We originally offered at safety. He then stated he wanted to play WR, so we “re-offered” him at WR. So basically, we’re telling him he can play WR and he’s a good enough athlete to play either I think, although I see S as a better spot for him. Seeing as that we’re stacked at S, he’ll probably stay at WR.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

Guest Dondrysdale1

What’s funny is he was supposed to be at aggy and pushed their visit back to be at Texas and he doesn’t have an offer yet from Texas.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

How is this dude unranked by most of the services? He's got an excellent offer list (OU, UGA, aggy, FSU): https://247sports.com/Player/Earl-Barquet-86496

no idea. that offer list is legit as is his HUDL. He's got little to no technique right now, it's all just natural and he's still very effective. His punch is legit and he's got long arms. His height might be a knock for some services but if they look at his wingspan they'll take that back. 

5 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

With the amount of punishment RB's take, why would you want to be the only RB take?  

I agree. If you're a RB, your goal in college should be 1) give the NFL enough video/highlights to see that you can be a very productive back   2) perform really well at the combine  and 3) STAY HEALTHY.

All these young RBs want to be "the man,"  but that's not a wise move, long term. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So EJ and Roach's source on Wright is a pair of gloves...nice. 

I guess we're getting Noah Cain and Chris Steele too. #IfTheGlovesFitYouMustCommit

I think Mike Roach is pretty close to Wright from listening to his podcasts.  I think he probably has the best info with regards to Wright.

42 minutes ago, Caddox said:

That would be the best class in this region and it seems almost likely at this point.

If OU gets Henderson and Wease (I think Bridges is good, too), they'd be close behind, but yeah, Texas probably wins out.

The thing is with the depth of talent at WR these days in the state, every program that recruits this area will get good players. The key is to get one or two of the true game-changing talents.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Marcus Banks will be OVing to Texas A&M the weekend of April 27. He's OVing to Texas the weekend of May 5.

Tom Herman and co. are masters of getting the later official visit. It's almost like Carrington is an agent of espionage.

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Tom Herman and co. are masters of getting the later official visit. It's almost like Carrington is an agent of espionage.

Definitely. Let's see when Banks schedules LSU's OV, though (I assume they're getting one?).

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, 35dimes said:

So IT is really confident in landing Garrett Wilson, but TFB is not so confident. Anybody have any idea why?

The Ohio State apprehensions have been growing for a while with Wilson. His visit there definitely seems to have changed things

• Like 1