Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

They're in the position where there's a large number of chicken littles on that board right now, so they're coming across as sunshine pumpers when really they're adjusting expectations for the people who genuinely expected us to land the likes of Sanders and Bru a few weeks ago.

Nobody on IT is "chicken little-ing". For the first time, they're acknowledging what @Katfid54said.

- We've missed on too many in-state blue chips.

- We've failed to address our biggest need positions at interior OL/RB and will once again have to search for one-year stopgaps transfers. DL is also still a question mark.

- We've poured a huge amount of resources into OOS stars like McCoy/Sanders/Cain only to miss on all three.

- Mehringer and Drayton continue to hang around despite adding relatively little value to our staff at this point.

- One of our D-lineman literally packed his bags and left for home, and Giles was oblivious enough to be caught unawares by this.

And the sunshine pumpers are meanwhile predictably cycling through the usual responses. "He was never coming here anyway." "Stars don't matter, we have great evaluators." "It's only [insert month here]." "Herman knows what he's doing, trust the staff." Etc, etc, etc. Everything we've heard for years.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Nobody on IT is "chicken little-ing". For the first time, they're acknowledging what @Katfid54said.

- We've failed to address our biggest need positions at DL/interior OL/RB and will once again have to search for one-year stopgaps transfers.

- We've poured a huge amount of resources into OOS stars like McCoy/Sanders/Cain only to miss on every one.

- Mehringer and Drayton continue to hang around despite adding relatively little value to our staff at this point.

- One of our D-lineman literally packed his bags and left for home, and Giles was oblivious enough to be caught unawares by this.

And the sunshine pumpers are meanwhile predictably cycling through the usual responses. "He was never coming here anyway." "Stars don't matter, we have great evaluators." "It's only [insert month here]." "Herman knows what he's doing, trust the staff." Etc, etc, etc.

tenor.gif?itemid=7148617

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hard to believe a West Texas 4 star ATH would not find a spot on this current Tech roster...... 

Pigmeat.... Maybe check your Tech resources further.  Starting to feel more like PP has created a lot more questions about himself by sneaking off to the Baylor visit?

While I realize PP is rated a 4 star, I have to question at this point if that's actually the case.  Every one of the TT pay for info guys that I'm aware of, as well as his high school teammate and the grapevine too, seem to indicate his lack of an offer.

The old staff would have taken him as he visited TT twice after his UT commitment, but as I mentioned, he wasn't going to play QB (Bowman, Duffey, McIvor, Long) for the new staff and it's not even clear if they take another WR.  Multiple DB's they like better regardless of number of stars.

Nobody on IT is "chicken little-ing". For the first time, they're acknowledging what [mention=513]Katfid54[/mention]said.
- We've failed to address our biggest need positions at interior OL/RB and will once again have to search for one-year stopgaps transfers. DL is also still a question mark.
- We've poured a huge amount of resources into OOS stars like McCoy/Sanders/Cain only to miss on all three.
And the sunshine pumpers are meanwhile predictably cycling through the usual responses. "He was never coming here anyway." "Stars don't matter, we have great evaluators." "It's only [insert month here]." "Herman knows what he's doing, trust the staff." Etc, etc, etc. Everything we've heard for years.

We’ve reached peak satyanash.
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

You are truly the gift that keeps giving.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We’ve reached peak satyanash.

Feel free to point out where any of my statements are false. I can see fans of Glass being content with him and Brown, Katy system concerns notwithstanding, I'll give you that. Anything else?

Edited by satyanash

19 minutes ago, satyanash said:

- We've poured a huge amount of resources into OOS stars like McCoy/Sanders/Cain only to miss on every one.

- This is bullshit.  We essentially cleared the board last cycle for the state, taking 10 of the top 13.  And if you're talking about 2019, year of the head case, then I'm ok with going out of state like we have. 

- Every school that Sanders and Cain don't choose has poured in a huge amount of resources and that includes Bama, Georgia, Penn St. Tennessee, Florida, and on.  These kids get so much love from schools, if you're not doing it then you're not even in the game.  That's how it works, that's why we've remained in it with Sanders and Cain. 

Just one question though - with RB being a huge need, what's your answer with those resources spent on Cain and Sanders?

Edited by CB'sGotMeLit
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

- This is bullshit.  We essentially cleared the board last cycle for the state, taking 10 of the top 13.

I don't think you’ve followed satyanash. He was melting harder last year about the lack of OL and DL commits before NSD2. 

That was with the #3 class in the country. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Feel free to point out where any of my statements are false. I can see fans of Glass being content with him and Brown, Katy system concerns notwithstanding, I'll give you that. Anything else?

It's because you always leave out the good news - for example "Our biggest needs are interior OL and RB"

Right now they are, but at the start of the cycle everyone was panicking about slot WR and LB for good reason, but we fixed most of that early and are about to put a bow on the LB class tonight. You can acknowledge where things went well while also noting where we've fucked up (hi Drayton).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nobody melts like satyanash. At this time of the year you will see one of those type posts almost every day before NSD. The dude has reached a point of being unbearable (and I'm not just talking about this cycle). 

Go get some valium man. 

He needs some vagisil as well. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

If you're going to take the overly simplistic view that your statements are "true" or "false", then it's not worth having discussion with you.