Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

I'm hoping it's Cain. Shepherd/Owens are considered Longhorn leans. Cain is still kind of iffy, is the top ranked recruit out of the 3 and would be the highest ranked RB commit we've had since '15. 

Cain would definitely be the most impressive commit out of the 3. 

But it's likely Shepherd or Owens. 

Edited by texasstrong12

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm hoping it's Cain. Shepherd/Owens are considered Longhorn leans. Cain is still kind of iffy, is the top ranked recruit out of the 3 and would be the highest ranked RB commit we've had since '15. 

Cain is almost certainly going to decide after the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's Shepherd. But if you really want your mind blown, what if it is Rodas Johnson?

Just now, PNWhornsfan said:

If it ends up being Shepherd, who are the interior OL possibilities in the class?  Seems like all the in-state guys (EJNO, Brown, Mettauer) are already tied up.

Guys we haven't offered yet or one of the OOS guys like Dohnovan West or Rodas Johnson.

22 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

My brain tells me it's probably Owens, but I'm hoping for Shepherd. 

What would Cain's top 5 look like anyways?  UT, LSU, and who else? Georgia?  Florida? Bama?

Georgia, Texas, and LSU, imo. Penn St and Auburn are mentioned a lot at the expense of Georgia by the recruiting analysts, but they're off 

Rodas Johnson is a short-armed guard or center prospect. Could be pretty good in the interior. Not a DL candidate for a school like Texas, in all likelihood. 

Owens is soft on film and that worries folks. He's a freak athlete though. He wouldn't be the first guy to look like a powder puff on film but figured the mental part of it out during college. He'd be a guy with time to develop. 

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Owens is soft on film and that worries folks. He's a freak athlete though. He wouldn't be the first guy to look like a powder puff on film but figured the mental part of it out during college. He'd be a guy with time to develop. 

Watching his HUDL he often doesn't seem to play at full speed. Whether that's a mentality thing or he's just tentative in his decision-making, it's hard to tell. In the right locker room, with good technical coaches and a couple years to learn in practice, he could be unlocked, as you say.

Edited by Machinator