Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I thought he was waiting until January to announce?

If they somehow get Wright tonight, it would be hilarious if Cain committed to us right after that.

He's a totally a NSD commit. Aggie is off their meds as usual. 

Guy could go to Bama if he wanted. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Cain is on the record of waiting to see how the season goes before committing right? 

I can't imagine any scenario where LSU has a good to respectable season this year. Their schedule is tough. 

I think a good enough season to land Cain is in the fat part of the possibility bell curve for LSU. We do have a shot though, imo. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Watching his HUDL he often doesn't seem to play at full speed. Whether that's a mentality thing or he's just tentative in his decision-making, it's hard to tell. In the right locker room, with good technical coaches and a couple years to learn in practice, he could be unlocked, as you say.

Would prefer to have this happen his hssr year if he decidedly comes here. They see something. Way to early to take projects.

The thing with LSU is this might be the first year they don't have an elite RB in several years. How much is the decision going to be made on W/L record vs how the run game looks? 

I think LSU is going to be better than some think but their running game is probably going to be up and down. I think their returning rusher is Brossette who only had 96 yards rushing last year.  

There's a reason they were after Tre Watson. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Oeaux can't even make through a media interview without his guardian/wife present.

Show. Me. A. Loss. 

I mean, they have a terrible head coach and OC, but they still can out-talent most of the teams on their schedule, especially now that they have what should be a decent QB

How you handicap Cain probably ties directly to how you think our and LSU seasons will go. If both are good, he's probably going to LSU. If we're good at they aren't, he's probably coming here. If both suck, he's probably going to Auburn or something.