Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

I get your point, but I’m pretty sure Naashon never sniffed numbers like that.  
++ Athletes are worth the shot imo. 
And everyone seems to forget Naashon was only offered to land his brother...who was an even bigger bust.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Have Tillman’s parents visited, or is this a spur of the moment commitment that doesn’t stick?

That's my concern.   A guy with no ties to Texas and what seems like an impulse decision.  But who knows.

That's my concern.   A guy with no ties to Texas and what seems like an impulse decision.  But who knows.

Maybe he and his family have been thinking about it a while and didn't talk to 9.95'ers about it? It's not like he was just in the neighborhood and decided to stop by UT..

4 minutes ago, ousux said:

Maybe he and his family have been thinking about it a while and didn't talk to 9.95'ers about it? It's not like he was just in the neighborhood and decided to stop by UT..

Yeah, I don't know anything about his motivation and maybe he's solid.  Its just that I don't worry about flips from kids who post pictures of themselves doing the "hook em" at 3 years old.  We'll see.

Edited by Lhorn

45 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The day after Boyd is suspended we get an out of the blue LB commit? Post hoc, ergo propter hoc or something? 

Boyd was never going to play a significant role at lb for Texas. This suspension does not change the lb recruiting dynamic. Boyd should be recruited over anyway 

Edited by utfan87

17 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Boyd was never going to play a significant role at lb for Texas. This suspension does not change the lb recruiting dynamic. Boyd should be recruited over anyway 

That’s what I figured. 

Oh and I recruited over your mom last night. 

Did I do that correctly? 

I like the Tillman commmitment simply because it’s a reminder that no 9.95er really knows whats going on this recruiting cycle and that’s fun.

You’d think this would stop some people from hanging on their every word, but I guess when there isn’t much else to talk about, people are going to do that no matter what. 

Just so BigVegasHorn26 can go fuck his miserable self, sure. 
Orlando went and saw him in the spring evaluation period after a friend of the program gave them a heads up that the kid is a stud. One of those raw Florida guys that feeds the SEC, Clemson, Miami and FSU. 
In June, he measured 6’1” without shoes, weighed 218 and ran a 4.27 shuttle. He has a 76 inch wingspan. Those are no bullshit measurements from someone who was present. 
He likes and has liked Texas for a while. Texas has been working on him for months and they’ve built up to this moment with him. It’s not a “in the moment” scenario for a noob recruit. 
I realize that the $9.95-ers haven’t had this guy on the radar, so handwringers in the fan base  can’t understand the commit and need EJ Holland or Geoff Ketchum to give them an update so they can know how to feel, but people who know what the fuck they’re doing within the program and near it think they’re stealing this guy.

Great update. Appreciate that. Your constant crotchety whining about other posters is less appreciated. I and another poster simply asked a simple question, since we hadn’t heard about him. It has nothing to do with the 9.95’rs. You don’t have to be a complete dickhead every time you post, you know.
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Great update. Appreciate that. Your constant crotchety whining about other posters is less appreciated. I and another poster simply asked a simple question, since we hadn’t heard about him. It has nothing to do with the 9.95’rs. You don’t have to be a complete dickhead every time you post, you know.

The dickhead is better than sandy vagina.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I see you decided to stick around this whole recruiting thing.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Orlando went and saw him in the spring evaluation period after a friend of the program gave them a heads up that the kid is a stud. One of those raw Florida guys that feeds the SEC, Clemson, Miami and FSU. 

In June, he measured 6’1” without shoes, weighed 218 and ran a 4.27 shuttle. He has a 76 inch wingspan. Those are no bullshit measurements from someone who was present. 

He likes and has liked Texas for a while. Texas has been working on him for months and they’ve built up to this moment with him. It’s not a “in the moment” scenario for a noob recruit. 

I realize that the $9.95-ers haven’t had this guy on the radar, so handwringers in the fan base  can’t understand the commit and need EJ Holland or Geoff Ketchum to give them an update so they can know how to feel, but people who know what the fuck they’re doing within the program and near it think they’re stealing this guy.

Thanks for the insight.  $9.96 sent.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Your cantankerous nature is awesome. Also, thanks for the info.

Headshot.

Ketchum?  Fucking Ketch?  Who in their right fucking mind would look woild look to him for anything other than a negative look at Texas?  Hes a half fucking step up from Fuck Chip Brown.