~95K noncitizens registered to vote, ~58k voted in the last Texas election

Thetexashammer

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Right, the whole thing was an error. That is what I was pointing out. Someone who didnt know anything about data was trying to get cute. You can actually reduce by at least 20,000 now (Harris county). And I am betting in a few days you'll be able reduce by 80 or 90%. And then we will never hear anything about it again. 

A presidential election was changed by fewer than 1000 votes. I'm interested in seeing what Galveston gets back, they're actually sending out notices.

As I stated in the OP, none of this deals with illegals or direct fraud by the parties. This article is attempting to defend our voter validation processes.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/elections/state-all-on-local-list-of-potential-noncitizen-voters-are/article_20771942-538d-506d-bcad-7e7ca79e261d.html

Residents register to vote through the mail.

They accidentally mention that you could register your dog. 

th?id=OIP.VJEznVNwgl0y4OiX_sLuEQHaJC&pid

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

That was essentially an accounting error. You can reduce the ~95k by 366. Actually by more than that.  There are other errors I believe.

]

Why do you log on here and do what you do? Be honest about why you post what you do so we can all have something to point to for your future threads and posts.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

There was one value, and one value only, in this "citizenship review effort" to create a headline - a headline they KNEW was utterly false - that could be parroted by Trump and their own Trump-manipulated mouths: "NINETY FIVE THOUSAND NONCITIZENS VOTED!  VOTER FRAUD!"  

Now that they've gotten the only value they ever sought, NOW they want to apologize?  Fuck that.  "Sorry I spewed a lie for political gain, and totally politically gained from it among my base.  Now, I'll quietly apologize to you for that."  Fuck.  You.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's really funny that he's now not going to get confirmed.

Source?

He was supposed to be voted on today, but it looks like that isn't going to happen according to the article.

He certainly does have a tough road, thanks to his own fuckup and Danny Goebs.. as I've previously stated so I won't rehash.

1 minute ago, relapse98 said:

Source?

He was supposed to be voted on today, but it looks like that isn't going to happen according to the article.

He certainly does have a tough road, thanks to his own fuckup and Danny Goebs.. as I've previously stated so I won't rehash.

I can count votes.  They can't get this one to the floor.

• Like 1

As I posted on here before, the entire thing was so stupid that anyone who was suckered by that headline should be neutered and have their voting rights rescinded. The headline was essentially that 95,000 people who weren't citizens in the mid-90s are now registered to vote.

Well no fucking shit. Again, there are thousands and thousands (maybe millions) of people who are now registered to vote who weren't even alive in the mid-90s. LIVING DEAD VOTER FRAUD!!!

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thetexashammer said:

Restate it, counselor.

The undersigned cites to the previous 5 pages, which is hereby incorporated by reference as if fully set forth herein.

(That's lawyer for "It's already written for your sorry ass to read, I ain't re-typing it again.')  Stupid AND lazy is a lovely combo, you wear it well.

• Like 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

The undersigned cites to the previous 5 pages, which is hereby incorporated by reference as if fully set forth herein.

(That's lawyer for "It's already written for your sorry ass to read, I ain't re-typing it again.')  Stupid AND lazy is a lovely combo, you wear it well.

So link it.

• Fuck You 15

On 2/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, Huckleberry said:

As I posted on here before, the entire thing was so stupid that anyone who was suckered by that headline should be neutered and have their voting rights rescinded. The headline was essentially that 95,000 people who weren't citizens in the mid-90s are now registered to vote.

Well no fucking shit. Again, there are thousands and thousands (maybe millions) of people who are now registered to vote who weren't even alive in the mid-90s. LIVING DEAD VOTER FRAUD!!!

As recently as 2016, there were 750K new US citizens.  If they're proportional to state populations, that's over 60K non-citizens in Texas being sworn in every year.  I would some of them have been here a while and had long had drivers license.

Whitley needs 2/3 approval from the Texas Senate to be confirmed based on how many senators are present.  Why do I think someone is going to wait for a time that a few Dem Senators are out of the office and try to push this through.  Can the Texas Senate call for a vote with zero notice?

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whitley needs 2/3 approval from the Texas Senate to be confirmed based on how many senators are present.  Why do I think someone is going to wait for a time that a few Dem Senators are out of the office and try to push this through.  Can the Texas Senate call for a vote with zero notice? 

First has to get through nominations. 7 members - 4 republicans 3 democrats, needs 4 votes to get out of nominations. Seems easy except the 4th republican is Seliger.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, Thetexashammer said:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/58000-Non-US-Citizens-Voted-in-Texas-State-Elections-Attorney-General-Paxton-Says-504879201.html

HuffPo made a valid point that not all are noncitizens. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-texas-voter-fraud_us_5c4dceb4e4b06ba6d3be02e8

So certainly some of them became citizens, since they where identified in the past as legal residents. However, this methodology also ignores illegal aliens who can register, based on a mere "statement" that they are citizens, since they never would have been in that database. So there are both type I and type II errors here.

All of this simply speaks to massive incompetence. Why are we registering voters who can't prove citizenship? There are 40 million noncitizens in the US. We just trust them to be honest? Fuck that. I mean, no offense, I don't trust actual citizens either. In the immortal words of Depeche Mode, people are people.

I mean fuck it lets just make voting into an online poll so that the Aggies can win it all by cheating.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Let me guess, the phonies claiming Ds are trying to rig elections and get people to illegally vote....won’t have a word to say.  Every accusation is an admission. 

This is a rogue agent, who was paid by the candidate for unspecific actions.   Besides he said he didn’t do it but won’t say that under oath.  Seems perfectly legit.  

Looks like this is falling apart quickly for Harris.  His lawyer son testified that he had warned his father since the previous election in 2016 about the shady absentee ballot operatives.  His father ignored him and also lied about being warned about this guy in an video interview.

https://splinternews.com/nc-congressional-candidates-son-just-blew-a-hole-throug-1832767182

harris wanted to believe his operative was assisting people with their ballot and helping them walk to the mailbox. As opposed to illegally collecting the ballots. 

I wonder if the ballot changing process is bigger than reported in this district.  I know 1000 ballots can flip the election but why take the chance when you could also spend time just campaigning in those areas. Is it much larger than 1000 ballots?

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Looks like this is falling apart quickly for Harris.  His lawyer son testified that he had warned his father since the previous election in 2016 about the shady absentee ballot operatives.  His father ignored him and also lied about being warned about this guy in an video interview.

https://splinternews.com/nc-congressional-candidates-son-just-blew-a-hole-throug-1832767182

harris wanted to believe his operative was assisting people with their ballot and helping them walk to the mailbox. As opposed to illegally collecting the ballots. 

I wonder if the ballot changing process is bigger than reported in this district.  I know 1000 ballots can flip the election but why take the chance when you could also spend time just campaigning in those areas. Is it much larger than 1000 ballots?

This is an incredible article.  Here is a tweet thread following the son's testimony.  His son evidently kept coming up to him saying "something is shady about this Dowless dude" even in emails, even going so far as to copying the text of the law to show his dad what Dowless appeared to be doing was illegal.  Dad wouldn't monitor it, and eventually son just cut off contact with dad knowing dad was going to need to keep the A-C privilege intact.  And now son is openly testifying to it.  

There is no coming back from this.  

giphy.gif

I have to think that with the son's testimony, Mark Harris has to come up with some Kavanaugh-level testimony or the GOP is going to drop him.  

With this new info, it's obvious to see how the "winner" is lying in this interview.  He tries to use the lawyerly answer where he states that this info was not presented at one particular meeting, but then gets cornered by a good interviewer that doesn't let him off with that:

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, being that he should head to prison, yeah....

That's an interesting point.  quick google looks like it is a misdemeanor

§ 163A-1317. Certain violations of absentee ballot law made criminal offenses. (a) False Statements under Oath Made Class 2 Misdemeanor. – If any person shall willfully and falsely make any affidavit or statement, under oath, which affidavit or statement under oath, is required to be made by the provisions of this Part, he shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. (b) False Statements Not under Oath Made Class 2 Misdemeanor. – Except as provided by G.S. 163A-1389(16), if any person, for the purpose of obtaining or voting any official ballot under the provisions of this Part, shall willfully sign any printed or written false statement which does not purport to be under oath, or which, if it purports to be under oath, was not duly sworn to, he shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. (c) Candidate Witnessing Absentee Ballots of Nonrelative Made Class 2 Misdemeanor. – A person is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor if that person acts as a witness under G.S. 163A-1310(a) in any primary or election in which the person is a candidate for nomination or election, unless the voter is the candidate's near relative as defined in G.S. 163A-1308(h). (d) Fraud in Connection with Absentee Vote; Forgery. – Any person attempting to aid and abet fraud in connection with any absentee vote cast or to be cast, under the provisions of this Part, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. Attempting to vote by fraudulently signing the name of a regularly qualified voter is a Class I felony. (e) Violations Not Otherwise Provided for Made Class 2 Misdemeanors. – If any person shall willfully violate any of the provisions of this Part, or willfully fail to comply with any of the provisions thereof, for which no other punishment is herein provided, he shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. (1929, c. 164, s. 40; 1939, c. 159, ss. 12, 13, 15; 1967, c. 775, s. 1; 1977, c. 469, s. 1, 1985, c. 562, s. 6; 1987, c. 565, s. 8; 1993, c. 539, ss. 1106, 1324; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c); 1999-455, s. 22; 2014-111, s. 15(b); 2017-6, s. 3.)

Of course, that is about 1000 of those misdemeanors, so who knows what that adds up to.

ooh.  never mind.  looks like thousands of felonies.

§ 163A-1298. Certain acts declared felonies. (a) Any person who shall, in connection with absentee voting in any election held in this State, do any of the acts or things declared in this section to be unlawful, shall be guilty of a Class I felony. It shall be unlawful: (1) For any person except the voter's near relative or the voter's verifiable legal guardian to assist the voter to vote an absentee ballot when the voter is voting an absentee ballot other than under the procedure described in G.S. 163A-1300, 163A-1301, 163A-1302, 163A-1303, and 163A-1304; provided that if there is not a near relative or legal guardian available to assist the voter, the voter may request some other person to give assistance. (2) For any person to assist a voter to vote an absentee ballot under the absentee voting procedure authorized by G.S. 163A-1300, 163A-1301, 163A-1302, 163A-1303, and 163A-1304 except as provided in that section. (3) For a voter who votes an absentee ballot under the procedures authorized by G.S. 163A-1300, 163A-1301, 163A-1302, 163A-1303, and 163A-1304 to vote that voter's absentee ballot outside of the voting booth or private room provided to the voter for that purpose in or adjacent to the office of the county board of elections or at the additional site provided by G.S. 163A-1302, or to receive assistance except as provided in G.S. 163A-1300, 163A-1301, 163A-1302, 163A-1303, and 163A-1304. (4) For any owner, manager, director, employee, or other person, other than the voter's near relative or verifiable legal guardian, to (i) make a written request pursuant to G.S. 163A-1308 or (ii) sign an application or certificate as a witness, on behalf of a registered voter, who is a patient in any hospital, clinic, nursing home or rest home in this State or for any owner, manager, director, employee, or other person other than the voter's near relative or verifiable legal guardian, to mark the voter's absentee ballot or assist such a voter in marking an absentee ballot. This subdivision does not apply to members, employees, or volunteers of the county board of elections, if those members, employees, or volunteers are working as part of a multipartisan team trained and authorized by the county board of elections to assist voters with absentee ballots. Each county board of elections shall train and authorize such teams, pursuant to procedures which shall be adopted by the State Board. If neither the voter's near relative nor a verifiable legal guardian is available to assist the voter, and a multipartisan team is not available to assist the voter within seven calendar days of a telephonic request to the county board of elections, the voter may obtain such assistance from any person other than (i) an owner, manager, director, employee of the hospital, clinic, nursing home, or rest home in which the voter is a patient or resident; (ii) an individual who holds any elective office under the United States, this State, or any political subdivision of this State; (iii) an individual who is a candidate for nomination or election to such office; or (iv) an individual who holds any office in a State, congressional district, county, or precinct political party or organization, or who is a campaign manager or treasurer for any candidate or political party; provided that a delegate to a convention shall not be considered a party office. None of the persons listed in (i) through (iv) of this subdivision may sign the application or certificate as a witness for the patient. (5) For any person to take into that person's possession for delivery to a voter or for return to a county board of elections the absentee ballot of any voter, G.S. 163A-1298 Page 2 provided, however, that this prohibition shall not apply to a voter's near relative or the voter's verifiable legal guardian. (6) Except as provided in subsections (1), (2), (3) and (4) of this section, G.S. 163A-1310(a), and G.S. 163A-1300(e), for any voter to permit another person to assist the voter in marking that voter's absentee ballot, to be in the voter's presence when a voter votes an absentee ballot, or to observe the voter mark that voter's absentee ballot. (b) The State Board or a county board of elections, upon receipt of a sworn affidavit from any qualified voter of the State or the county, as the case may be, attesting to first-person knowledge of any violation of subsection (a) of this section, shall transmit that affidavit to the appropriate district attorney, who shall investigate and prosecute any person violating subsection (a). (1979, c. 799, s. 4; 1983, c. 331, s. 2; 1985, c. 563, s. 4; 1987, c. 565, s. 7; c. 583, ss. 8, 10; 1995, c. 243, s. 1; 1999-455, s. 3; 2005-428, s. 5(b); 2007-391, s. 29(a); 2013-381, s. 4.6(a); 2014-111, s. 15(a); 2017-6, s. 3.)

Although Mark may get lucky and be 1000s of misdemeanors because his is only conspiracy.

§ 14-2.4.  Punishment for conspiracy to commit a felony.

(a)        Unless a different classification is expressly stated, a person who is convicted of a conspiracy to commit a felony is guilty of a felony that is one class lower than the felony he or she conspired to commit, except that a conspiracy to commit a Class A or Class B1 felony is a Class B2 felony, a conspiracy to commit a Class B2 felony is a Class C felony, and a conspiracy to commit a Class I felony is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b)  Unless a different classification is expressly stated, a person who is convicted of a conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is guilty of a misdemeanor that is one class lower than the misdemeanor he or she conspired to commit, except that a conspiracy to commit a Class 3 misdemeanor is a Class 3 misdemeanor. (1983, c. 451, s. 1; 1993, c. 538, s. 5; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 22, s. 12, c. 24, s. 14(b).)