~95K noncitizens registered to vote, ~58k voted in the last Texas election

Thetexashammer

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Where are all the republicans who scream and shout about voter fraud now???

crickets 

Frantically searching for links from The Washington Times that show some Honduras woman checked the "register me to vote" when she applied for a driver's license. Just you wait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is there no Bush v Gore solution here?  You can't just say X votes don't count because of fraud in obtaining them.  That means the other guy wins.  You have to do a reelection?

That brings up all sorts of great opportunities.  My plan:

1) Run for governor of NC

2) Exit polls show I'm losing by 5,000,000 because I'm a terrible person

3) Pay some dude to print out 5,000,001 ballots 30 seconds before the last poll closes with my name checked, throw them in the pile.

4) Cause revote because of massive fraud.

5) Repeat until exit polls look favorable. 

5 hours ago, Foosters said:

Frantically searching for links from The Washington Times that show some Honduras woman checked the "register me to vote" when she applied for a driver's license. Just you wait.

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Where are all the republicans who scream and shout about voter fraud now???

crickets 

Saying I told you so? Patting myself on the back for being right?

From an post 95 on this thread:

I am reminded of an old Project Veritas stunt where they got Eric Holder's ballot by just asking for it. The system is rife with corruption until proven otherwise. BOTH SIDES DO IT!!!!! (<<<just cause you guys hate that but they do). Just like both sides are incompetent.

• Fuck You 8

Yet another proven LIE buy the biggest liar in presidential history.  Let me guess Trump hasn’t sent out a tweet or made a statement correcting his lie?

His supporters won’t say shit,  it then turn around and wail about FAKE NEWS  Fucking hypocrites

Just a disgusting group of pieces of shit. Sad!

2 hours ago, DanRydell said:

All 12 Dem Senators have said they’re no votes so Whitley’s confirmation is officially dead.

You know, I've got three work things going on that have broken my way today.  And on top of that is Bob Kraft and now this?  

I'm just not sure this day can get any better.

. . . or can it?

mueller_special_prosecutor_0.jpg?itok=j0

Senate GOP now proposing bills that do not even attempting to hide the intent iof voter suppression. Despite the fact that everyone knows the list is totally bogus would force voter registrars to remove those names from voter rolls without notification of the voters. One of the bills - SB960 - would subject registrars to civil and criminal penalties and give the AG the power to start removal proceedings in the case of noncompliance.

http://www.kut.org/post/gop-bills-would-force-registrars-remove-people-flagged-potential-noncitizens-voter-rolls

This is fucking criminal. Call your state senators, particularly if they're part of the criminal cartel, errr, I mean GOP.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Federal Judge tells Whitley to get fucked. 

https://texascivilrightsproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Voter-Purge-MTD-Order.pdf

Some good lines

The evidence has shown in a hearing before this Court that there is no widespread voter fraud. The challenge is how to ferret the infinitesimal needles out of the haystack of 15 million Texas voters.

. . . meaning perfectly legal naturalized Americans were burdened with what the Court finds to be ham-handed and threatening correspondence from the state which did not politely ask for information but rather exemplifies the power of government to strike fear and anxiety and to intimidate the least powerful among us

'Boustani v. Blackwell, 460 F. Supp. 2d 822, 827 (N.D. Ohio 2006) (Boyko, J.) ("This Court has personally presided over numerous naturalization ceremonies and has witnessed firsthand the joy of these new Americans and their intense desire to participate in this nation's democratic process. There is no such thing as a second-class citizen or a second-class American. Frankly, without naturalized citizens, there would be no America. It is shameful to imagine that this statute is an example of how the State of Ohio says thank you to those who helped build this country."). I concur. (Biery, J.).

Out of 98,000 new American voters on the list, thus far approximately 80 have been identified as being ineligible to vote.2 Almost immediately upon sending the list, the government had an "oops" moment, realizing that 25,000 names should not have been included. It appears this is a solution looking for a problem. Indeed, Secretary of State Whitley has accepted responsibility and apologized for the failure to seek confirmation of the accuracy, appropriateness, competency and due diligence of the process before the rollout.

The Bard might say this is much ado about nothing. WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, MucH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, act 3, sc. 1. On the other hand, for the people who perceive discriminatory impact, it is much ado about their constitutionally protected rights.

The Court further finds and concludes the Secretary of State, though perhaps unintentionally, created this mess. As Robert Fuighum taught in All IReally Need to Know ILearned in Kindergarten, "always put things back where we found them and clean[J up our own messes." ROBERT FULGHUM, ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN: UNCOMMON THOUGHTS ON COMMON THINGS (Villard Books 1986).

Your Honor.  Motion to Correct.  I think you mean Acting But Certainly Will Never Be Actual Secretary of State.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Dems weren't hell bent on trying to get so many damned illegals over here to vote for them, we wouldn't have to make these colossal mistakes trying to purge US citizens from the voter rolls because we were looking for damned illegals.  

18 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Democrats really need to be on tv or Twitter right now hammering how Rs are incompetent and trying to lie and steal elections but they won’t 

This.  Same reason I think the dotard might get re-elected.  We deserve what we get at this point.  We are too stupid to live.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/58000-Non-US-Citizens-Voted-in-Texas-State-Elections-Attorney-General-Paxton-Says-504879201.html

The Texas Department of Public Safety has identified 58,000 non-U.S. citizens who voted in one or more Texas elections, dating to 1996, according to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's office.

Further, the DPS said there were about 95,000 non-citizens they identified as having a voter registration record in the state.

"Texas law allows lawfully present noncitizens to obtain driver’s licenses by showing proof of lawful presence to DPS," Paxton's office said in a statement. "However, only citizens are eligible to vote. And Texas law currently does not require verification of a voter’s statement that they are a citizen."

It's not clear if the remaining 37,000 people attempted to vote in any election, be it local, state or federal, or if those who did vote in state elections also voted in federal elections.

HuffPo made a valid point that not all are noncitizens. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-texas-voter-fraud_us_5c4dceb4e4b06ba6d3be02e8

But what Texas officials actually found is far less certain, The Texas Tribune reported.

The secretary of state’s office in a Friday memo said it had identified 95,000 people on voter rolls that it suspects are non-citizens and sent the names to county officials to probe further. The state flagged the 95,000 by matching data from people who at one time had been documented as legal permanent residents against the state’s voter registration database. But what remains unclear is how many of those residents may now be citizens or if all the matches are accurate.

Beth Stevens, voting rights legal director at the Texas Civil Rights Project, questioned the accuracy of the memo from the secretary of state’s office. Stevens said about 50,000 Texans became naturalized citizens each year and it was “highly suspect” that the memo took that into account.

So certainly some of them became citizens, since they where identified in the past as legal residents. However, this methodology also ignores illegal aliens who can register, based on a mere "statement" that they are citizens, since they never would have been in that database. So there are both type I and type II errors here.
All of this simply speaks to massive incompetence. Why are we registering voters who can't prove citizenship? There are 40 million noncitizens in the US. We just trust them to be honest? Fuck that. I mean, no offense, I don't trust actual citizens either. In the immortal words of Depeche Mode, people are people.
I mean fuck it lets just make voting into an online poll so that the Aggies can win it all by cheating.

Lol Hammer’d