Yay Offseason! Iconic Texas Longhorn Images

TrashMaster G

Just now, Saint Tacky said:

SPORTS-FBC-HOLIDAYBOWL-12-D.jpg

Posted on page one, but deserves a comment:

Aside from Mack's son-in-law, who the fuck did Cleve Bryant think he was stepping that far onto the field like that?  He wasn't even on the coaching staff.  He did the same shit on Vince's winning touchdown run against USC.  How many compromising photos of Mack did he have? 

• Like 1

Texas defeating Kyle Gillespie's TCU team in 1940

image.png

Blocked punt during Texas' 23-0 upset of undefeated A&M in 1941

image.png

Jackie Field's 61-yard TD run during a victory over Georgia Tech in the 1943 Cotton Bowl

image.png

Bobby Layne shakes hands with Alabama's Harry Gilmer before the 1948 Sugar Bowl (UT won 27-7)

image.png

Dana X. Bible on the sidelines, watching us steamroll A&M

image.png

Royal addressing the troops at halftime during the Red River Shootout

royal-texas-jenkins-inline.jpg

Ernie Koy's 80-yard TD run against Alabama in the Orange Bowl

image.png

Steve Worster running out of the wishbone against A&M

image.png

Texas defense getting after Joe Theismann in Dallas

image.png

Cotton Speyrer's winning catch-and-run against UCLA

05_speyer_cotton_001.jpg

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

maxresdefault.jpg

This shit right here.  Didn't do a lot of searching for the quote bc don't give a fuck but Staubach, after he retired (I think) did say something like "I've never been hit so hard as I was in that Cotton Bowl game against the Longhorns."  http://www.brenhambanner.com/brenham360/the-times-and-turmoil-of-the-cotton-bowl/article_5d0862ee-97df-5370-b163-ca6562b2695c.html      Quote from article:  “(Texas) just took my head off, all day long,” Staubach recalled years later.

18 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

maxresdefault.jpg

This shit right here.  Didn't do a lot of searching for the quote bc don't give a fuck but Staubach, after he retired (I think) did say something like "I've never been hit so hard as I was in that Cotton Bowl game against the Longhorns."  http://www.brenhambanner.com/brenham360/the-times-and-turmoil-of-the-cotton-bowl/article_5d0862ee-97df-5370-b163-ca6562b2695c.html      Quote from article:  “(Texas) just took my head off, all day long,” Staubach recalled years later.