Yay Offseason! Iconic Texas Longhorn Images

TrashMaster G

14 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

yna7ahu9.jpg

1990 Texas 14-13.  R.D. Lashar misses the game winner.

I didn't find out until later from friends who were watching on tv that he was feeling better about himself just moments before that (it's queued up to the good part)

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2

That pic from field level of Pittman with his arm up and he's heading into the sea of orange is one of my all time favorites.  

The roar of the crowd when the ball is in the air and he's so open gives me chills every time I watch that play. 

Also, Frostee Rucker, theTrojan posterized by Vince on 4th and 5, (another favorite shot of mine) is still in the freaking league. 

7 hours ago, NowThis said:

the game winner caused a seismic event (from the stadium) as registered on campus machines.  See 2:32

Watch the victory formation play at the very end.  It looks like a Case McCoy handoff attempt.  It's like kneeling the ball was in its early days of strategy and has been refined.

9 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I like the looks of pure joy on the faces in the stands.  That feeling when you've resigned yourself to accept a loss and then something wonderful happens.

This....

Watched this game from the old green bleachers from Gregory Gym that were set up in the south end zone.

Try and find one closed mouth in the stands.

05_speyer_cotton_001.jpg

Edited by Steamboat1874

12 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That pic from field level of Pittman with his arm up and he's heading into the sea of orange is one of my all time favorites.  

The roar of the crowd when the ball is in the air and he's so open gives me chills every time I watch that play.

agreed.  so cathartic after the fucking horror of the previous five games.  they were creeping back in through the second quarter and that play was the knife.  ran the same play twice in a row and they simply couldn't do anything about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

This....

Watched this game from the old green bleachers from Gregory Gym that were set up in the south end zone.

Try and find one closed mouth in the stands.

05_speyer_cotton_001.jpg

most everyone in that pic is now 68-72 years old at a minimum.  One thing was the surprise factor of winning a game late on a pass; nowadays quite common.  And pass routes looked really playground, not super refined as now.  As noted above, the victory formation was not invented yet, QBs scrambled back and fell down.  Now that's an ICONIC photo. 

18 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I didn't find out until later from friends who were watching on tv that he was feeling better about himself just moments before that (it's queued up to the good part)

I just dropped by to say HAH HAH FUCK YOU RD LASHER!  And OU sucks.

22 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
On 1/30/2019 at 6:54 PM, freyguy said:
2006-game-8-photo.jpg
TSW-MACKOVIC1-NEWSWEEK.jpg
34dffa06b7215e534b60ab85044a0711.jpg

I was at that game in snow game in lincoln...lots of nebraska fans got real quiet when that fumble happened

Was that the same game where Simms got a finger on his throwing hand bent at a 90 degree angle, got it straightened on the sideline, and then came back in a play later to throw a perfect ball for a TD? I was there too. That was awesome. :chrisfarley:

8 minutes ago, wood said:

Was that the same game where Simms got a finger on his throwing hand bent at a 90 degree angle, got it straightened on the sideline, and then came back in a play later to throw a perfect ball for a TD? I was there too. That was awesome. :chrisfarley:

No.  Simms game was 2002.  This one was 2006.