If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

The only people I see who complain about The Ticket and "politics" most certainly do not hate MAGA. They are MAGA and decry hosts becoming "woke." Most of what you call "politics" is them discussing current events, you know, kind of the thing they've been doing since they first went on the air.

I think we are saying the same thing. Only MAGA people complain about the so called politics on the HL. Ice never complained about it, but maybe because I hate all things MAGA

33 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

How did Jake get away with doing IJB all these years and all of a sudden it being a nogo if Dan joined him in doing a podcast as well? Is it all because IJB predates Jake becoming a host?

Do they have ads or sponsors? Haven’t listened in a long time. 

No ads or sponsors. They do the free episode that anyone can listen to and then have a separate episode that you can only get by being a Patreon subscriber for $5 a month. I've never done it. I think it's probably fine due to it being something Jake started as an intern and he never tried to monetize it with competing sponsorships. I'm guessing Dan and Jake wanted to get corporate sponsors for their podcasts/digital rights. Say Adam Romo wants to sponsor an outside the Ticket podcast for them. That would be seen as competing with the existing Eatzi's sponsorship.

Edited by mdmost

I think there could be legal issues if Dan and Jake explicitly say they're going to The Freak while their noncomplete period is active. Same reason Danny swore up and down (and Rhyner said the same) that he was not going to The Freak. Then suddenly he was. If you know anything about Dan, you know he HATES any content outside of The Ticket detracting from the on-air product. The notion that they want control of outside media interests in addition to the radio show is kinda laughable, actually.

And of course The Ticket guys are going to paint Dan and Jake as traitors if they show up on The Freak.

Edited by nolongerU2horn

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

If Dan and Jake had a deal in place, I highly doubt they would have given the others the impression that they're just leaving to do a podcast. Especially Bob who almost left to do the same show at a different station. Nor do I believe the Musers and HL are doing anything to try to paint Dan and Jake as bad guys. And Gordo was right to Sirois in that if you don't want to wait around then you need to go out and get what you're worth. As we just saw, Cumulus is not about that. Nor are they about letting the hosts have a competing side-job. I know why they didn't because you know Gordo would be next in line to do it. 

I think it's very easy for Dan & Jake to spend the non-compete period seeing if they can replicate the money they made at the Ticket. The Freak will always be there...well until it won't because the plug gets pulled. I think it's a lot easier and more fulfilling for both to be their own boss than to be under iHeart's thumb. 

My post was in reaction to this

4 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I think there could be legal issues if Dan and Jake explicitly say they're going to The Freak while their noncomplete period is active. Same reason Danny swore up and down (and Rhyner said the same) that he was not going to The Freak. Then suddenly he was. If you know anything about Dan, you know he HATES any content outside of The Ticket detracting from the on-air product. The notion that they want control of outside media interests in addition to the radio show is kinda laughable, actually.

And of course The Ticket guys are going to paint Dan and Jake as traitors if they show up on The Freak.

He didn't want Bob or Jake giving it away for free on Twitter. Yet he still went on IJB multiple times, on the free episodes and had plenty of content that he didn't bring on-air. 

And for all we know, Dan & Jake said "we aren't going to compete against you" meaning Musers and HL. That's easy to do if you do 12-3 on the Freak. 

Edited by mdmost

15 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I think there could be legal issues if Dan and Jake explicitly say they're going to The Freak while their noncomplete period is active. Same reason Danny swore up and down (and Rhyner said the same) that he was not going to The Freak. Then suddenly he was.

This. I didn't think they were leaving at first, but this seems to be the goal. iHeart has the money and the podcast platform.

17 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I think we are saying the same thing. Only MAGA people complain about the so called politics on the HL. Ice never complained about it, but maybe because I hate all things MAGA

Sorry, you said you stopped listening because of "politics." Most who say that lean hard right.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, Mileslong said:

For the record, I’ve listened to the Ticket probably longer than 99% of the people on this thread. I don’t listen because of politics.

I hate politics but especially MAGA. I simply got bored with it after Mike left and they broke up BaD radio. I just listen to golf and college football podcasts mainly.

I don’t care why you say you don’t listen. I care, from an entertainment perspective only, why you post after repeatedly saying you don’t listen when it’s clear you do. 

If you hate MAGA then the Ticket is definitely the place for you, so your reasoning for not listening is ridiculous. But we both know you listen. And care. Because you post repeatedly and will respond to this post.

I don’t care why you say you don’t listen. I care, from an entertainment perspective only, why you post after repeatedly saying you don’t listen when it’s clear you do. 
If you hate MAGA then the Ticket is definitely the place for you, so your reasoning for not listening is ridiculous. But we both know you listen. And care. Because you post repeatedly and will respond to this post.

I haven’t listened to a single minute for at least a year. The only reason I posted was because I saw it on a feed on my Facebook. Don’t worry, it’s my last post on here, carry on.

11 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I haven’t listened to a single minute for at least a year. The only reason I posted was because I saw it on a feed on my Facebook. Don’t worry, it’s my last post on here, carry on.

You just said you listened to the discussion on HZ leaving.

Probably not. 

If Monty doesn't get a full time spot cumulus had already made all the money they needed to on this investment and they are just driving this bus until the wheels fall off. Every extra mile is just gravy. 

Could have worked perfectly if norm gave any intention last year he was leaving. Boom in the house from 10 to noon and let the hang zone do whatever the fuck they want outside of their time slot. That would have been the best the ticket ever was from 5:30 to 3. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Helluva run. 

Here it is. NOMAAA, fetch the kneepads!

Won't embed so you have to click on the link. First episode is free, after that 3 episodes a week that you pay for via Patreon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFR8zaEMWY

https://www.patreon.com/TheDumbZone $6.90 a month. $69 a year, possibly if you pay up front. Nice...nice. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Here it is. NOMAAA, fetch the kneepads!

Won't embed so you have to click on the link. First episode is free, after that 3 episodes a week that you pay for via Patreon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFR8zaEMWY

https://www.patreon.com/TheDumbZone $6.90 a month. $69 a year, possibly if you pay up front. Nice...nice. 

i think 1 tier is a great decision

i did not expect them to halfass it this much to start off though. they should have had another video primed/ready to go with just the video of "here is what we are going to do", then do the longer one.

"we didn't expect to totally be here" - Dan

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

So if you pay for a year will you get a partial refund once they shut it down after a few months of putting in all the work for low pay?

I know you’re joking (but not really), but from what I remember, Patreon billing is very rigid. For example, it typically bills you on the 1st of the month, with no proration. So if you sign up on the 30th you’ll pay, then get billed again on the 1st.