LOL, now Pelosi is a white supremacist

EMAWesome

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44331/former-justice-democrats-candidate-leads-charge-emily-zanotti

Anger at Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for daring to allow a floor vote on a measure condemning anti-Semitism spread beyond progressive Democrats in Congress late Tuesday, when a former candidate for the "Justice Democrats" — the same arm that elected Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) — called the Speaker a "white supremacist."

Saira Rao, a "Justice Democrat" who ran for office in Colorado (and lost), has been active in supporting Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) following an outcry over clearly anti-Semitic statements Omar made last week at an event for progressive activists. Tuesday night, she weighed in on the debate over whether House Democrats should adopt a measure condemning anti-Semitism by comparing Pelosi to infamous white supremacist David Duke.

"I am going to unfollow anyone who posts anything positive about Nancy Pelosi," Rao tweeted. "Nancy Pelosi is a white feminist. White feminists are white supremacists. Nancy Pelosi is a white supremacist. And if you idolize Nancy Pelosi, you may as well declare allegiance to David Duke."

The sentiment echoes a statement made earlier in the day by Women's March founder, Linda Sarsour, who also accused Pelosi of being a "white feminist," and suggested that the Speaker of the House was merely a tool of the "patriarchy." In fact, Rao praised Sarsour for her "leadership" on the issue earlier in the day.

In response to critics — mostly from the Left — who took her to task for essentially condemning "non-intersectional" feminists for the complicity in a bigoted agenda, Rao doubled down.

"You do realize that you are complicit in the racism you are publicly condemning, right? You do realize brown and black people would greatly prefer that you OPENLY and BOLDLY call out racism when it happens rather than hold a vigil after the fact, right?" she tweeted Wednesday.

Rao is, of course, merely a failed candidate. But she was part of the "Justice Democrats" movement that got the "new generation" of Democratic leaders — people like Omar, Ocasio-Cortez, and Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) — elected and is emblematic of the more progressive wing of the party which is struggling to take the reins from people like Pelosi. Current and future candidates for House seats won't be as likely to accept Pelosi's leadership, it seems, as past generations.

The pressure on moderate, mainstream Democrats is clearly increasing. After drafting an "anti-anti-Semitism" resolution for the House floor, which condemned comments like the ones made by Rep. Omar (without, of course, mentioning Omar by name, or proposing any real consequences for her behavior), Democratic leaders abruptly pulled the measure from the vote schedule Tuesday night, delaying the measure indefinitely "until it could be rewritten to be more intersectional: to include statements against all forms of bigotry, including Islamophobia."

Just for emphasis and because I know the text that includes this part won't show without being clicked on I am going to quote this part again separately to demonstrate the idiocy infecting your Democratic Party.

"I am going to unfollow anyone who posts anything positive about Nancy Pelosi," Rao tweeted. "Nancy Pelosi is a white feminist. White feminists are white supremacists. Nancy Pelosi is a white supremacist. And if you idolize Nancy Pelosi, you may as well declare allegiance to David Duke."

• Like 1

both Rao (Indian?) and Sansour (Arab) are ethnic minorities.  Pelosi's mindset is that of the white estabishment, D or R, so it's logical that Pelosi is being called out for her cultural bias. It's not a D vs R issue, but of ethnicity in this case. Of course some white Democrats will be fully agreeable with Omar's views, but it's rare. If we parse out and identify the different segments of the Dem party, Rao is accurate. 

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Yes, it really takes a lot of parsing out and thoughtful analysis to come up, “Nancy Pelosi is white, ergo she has a white person’s mindset, ergo she must be a white supremacist.”

no, it's not all whites are that way, but most - but it's changing.  Pelosi has aligned with the Republicans on this issue, Rs being seen by many as white supremacists as their base philosophy (especially with Trump). So, Rao's statements are not incorrect.  Pelosi has aligned with fascist AIPAC ideology, especially since Omar's statements were not anti-semitic at all. 

Edited by NowThis

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

She equated Nancy Pelosi to David Duke.  Try harder.  A lot harder.  And maybe put some thought into it.

There's a lot of confusion on this issue, apparently she's (Rao) not familiar with Duke.  Nevertheless, thread is about Pelosi who has aligned with fascist AIPAC, so in that regard Rao is correct. 

Just now, NowThis said:

There's a lot of confusion on this issue, apparently she's (Rao) not familiar with Duke.  Nevertheless, thread is about Pelosi who has aligned with fascist AIPAC, so in that regard Rao is correct. 

Huh?  She made the connection to Duke.  Are you seriously saying she doesn't know anything about Duke's history?

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Mr. Rogers and Hitler were both white, so when you parse it out, really they both had the same white person mindset and cultural bias, too.

no.   Pelosi's AIPAC suckoff has aligned her with the pro-Israel right wing white supremacists and fascist Israel/AIPAC. Most whites do have a very favorable opinion on Israel, their cultural bias due to a shared identity, so it's a bit disappointing but not surprising due to AIPAC slavery, that Pelosi is forced to go the Schumer route on this issue.  If you are still confused, let me know, i'm willing to spend hours on it.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

. . . a former candidate for the "Justice Democrats" — the same arm that elected Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) . . . 

I'm sorry, what? I that it was the people of New York's 14th district that elected her. 

• Like 1

no.   Pelosi's AIPAC suckoff has aligned her with the pro-Israel right wing white supremacists and fascist Israel/AIPAC. Most whites do have a very favorable opinion on Israel, their cultural bias due to a shared identity, so it's a bit disappointing but not surprising due to AIPAC slavery, that Pelosi is forced to go the Schumer route on this issue.  If you are still confused, let me know, i'm willing to spend hours on it.   
We're gonna need a verb diagram or flow chart or something
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm sorry, what? I that it was the people of New York's 14th district that elected her. 

Here, maybe this will help.  David Duke, a former candidate for the GOP - the same arm that elected Ronald Reagan.

Because as we all know, there are no better friends of AIPAC than the KKK and neo-nazis.

Wait, were you saying this sarcastically? Because, uh... white supremacists love Israel.

Remember, children, "Israel" and "Jewish people" are very, VERY different things. Israel is an ethnostate in the Middle East. Jewish people are an extremely diverse and varied group of people nationwide.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

It’s the same site as the OP, which has his actual tweet linked. Or do you think David Duke’s opinion of Israel and Rep. Omar is fake news?

I think it's an interesting conversation point, just like Richard Spencer's admiration for Israel. There are different flavors of white supremacist and their liking or not liking things doesn't necessarily teach us anything about the person or entity they're talking about.

David Duke obviously doesn't really like a black Somali woman, he merely likes that she is making an enemy of his (Israel) mad. Duke feels betrayed by his "side" because they are almost uniformly pro-Israel.

Richard Spencer obviously doesn't really like Jewish people, but he does like the idea of ethnostates and thinks Israel is a good model for white people in the "West" to follow in establishing white ethnostates.

21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Btw, in case you were thinking it was odd to use David Duke as an example of someone being slavishly pro-Israel because of shared Aryan roots, well, you would be absolutely right:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44367/former-kkk-grand-wizard-david-duke-omar-most-ryan-saavedra

Rao made a mistake with regards to David Duke but not with Pelosi. Make sense? 

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Wait, were you saying this sarcastically? Because, uh... white supremacists love Israel.

Remember, children, "Israel" and "Jewish people" are very, VERY different things. Israel is an ethnostate in the Middle East. Jewish people are an extremely diverse and varied group of people nationwide.

there's a lot of confusion about white supremacists & Israel.  Of course David Duke/KKK/Aryan Nation etc are hateful of Jews and Israel, but they are a small subset of the overall white chauvinists who see Jews as a proxy against the Muslims and are "one of us".  I think this is where Longhornmatt and others are getting mixed up, and Rao did make a mistake as Rao isn't very familiar with Duke obviously and just picked his name out of the air as the only white supremacist available. People like the Evangelicals (Jerry Falwell Jr) , Hagee, etc are western Judeo Christian supremacists, others are not religious but hold the same view of western domination over others, with Israel as a proxy , "one of us".  Does that clear it up LHM? 

22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Maybe Nancy Pelosi and 98% of the other people in Congress aren’t equivalent to David Duke or Richard Spencer just because they aren’t solidly against Israel as a nation state?

The issue is not them being in support of Israel as a state. Where the current government of Israel, Pelosi, the vast majority of Congress, Duke, and Spencer all sit on the side of is promoting or at least ignoring the subjugation and murder of Arab people. Hence the argument that all of these things are, therefore, vectors of white supremacy.

It's a loud and somewhat clumsy argument, but it's not nonsense.

also consider that anti-semitism from the West, a very powerful force when someone is accused (and AIPAC is a master of this technique) should not be conflated with dislike of Israel borne of the Arab-Israeli conflict.   BTW, Duke is anti-Israel (not sure if B_T was implying otherwise) because he's an anti-semite, but that does not mean being anti-Israel in the context of the Arab-Israeli conflict is caused by anti-semitism.  

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No, I wasn't implying that. Duke hates Israel and Jewish people alike.

Spencer is a different type of white supremacist. He loves the idea of Israel normalizing the concept of ethnostates and also loves how much they kill Arab people.

i don't know what triggered Duke to become an anti-semite, wtf is going on in Louisiana that made him so mad?

on your second point, it's the mass murder of Arabs that seduces white supremacists to love Israel, they are "one of us" against "them". Israel is a proxy for white anger, for 9/11 , for Iraq, for terrorism.Thats the secular approach, also can't forget about Evangelical Christianity. 

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i don't know what triggered Duke to become an anti-semite, wtf is going on in Louisiana that made him so mad?

I think a lot of it is mixed up in the Civil Rights Era when the Jewish population in America was fairly progressive and did a lot of fantastic work for the civil rights of black Americans.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

No. It sounds like politics.

Well, of course it is.  It is also one of the leading members of the putative progressive opposition party pledging our undying loyalty and support to a racist apartheid state.  

Just now, Fozzz said:

Well, of course it is.  It is also one of the leading members of the putative progressive opposition party pledging our undying loyalty and support to a racist apartheid state.  

Nancy Pelosi is not a "progressive" by any stretch of the word.  You really need to try a whole lot harder.  You're not getting it.

Just now, Fozzz said:

And no one would have referred to it as such even 20 years ago. That's how far we've moved on the issue of Israel and Palestinians.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nancy Pelosi is not a "progressive" by any stretch of the word.  You really need to try a whole lot harder.  You're not getting it.

I wouldn't consider her a Brandeisian progressive, but I imagine if someone asked her if she had "progressive values" and whether she supports apartheid , she would answer those questions in the affirmative and negative, respectively.  Yet, here she is affirming otherwise.

Edited by Fozzz

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

I wouldn't consider her a Brandeisian progressive, but I imagine if someone asked her if she had "progressive values" and whether she supports apartheid , she would answer those questions in the affirmative and negative, respectively.  Yet, here she is affirming otherwise.

Remember, it is only a small minority anywhere that would refer to what is happening in Israel proper as apartheid. Arab Israelis have the franchise, after all. 

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Of course she'd say she's progressive. What is she gonna say, I'm an old white bitch whose just here for the power and Money?  Like she'd ever be that honest.  

My grand dad is more progressive than her, and he's dead.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Remember, it is only a small minority anywhere that would refer to what is happening in Israel proper as apartheid. Arab Israelis have the franchise, after all. 

The UN issued a report in 2017 concluding that Israel was an apartheid state. 

http://justicenow.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2017_ESCWA_Israeli-Practices-towards-the-Palestinian-People-and-the-Question-of-Apartheid.pdf

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

however, in recent months, the 'apartheid' system was made official in Israel proper. In fact, some Druze Arabs, who serve in the IDF, quit the army. 

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201807311066835794-Druze-Soldiers-Israeli-Nation-State-Law/

The Israeli military continues to deal with fallout from soldiers belonging to minority groups after the country passed a “nation-state” law declaring that Jews, and only Jews, have the right to self-determination in the country.

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

however, in recent months, the 'apartheid' system was made official in Israel proper. In fact, some Druze Arabs, who serve in the IDF, quit the army. 

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201807311066835794-Druze-Soldiers-Israeli-Nation-State-Law/

The Israeli military continues to deal with fallout from soldiers belonging to minority groups after the country passed a “nation-state” law declaring that Jews, and only Jews, have the right to self-determination in the country.

It is officially a Jewish state, after all.

Still, Druze Arabs who are Israeli citizens can vote.