Texas @ Stanford series

TheBryMan81

you lose your SS and C, the 2 most important fielders on any team,  without reliable fielding backups you are usually proper fucked.  This is a totally different team with Petrinsky and Hamilton. 

going to need our pitchers to get their shit together on WP's and BB's.  

a split would have been good but this is not the end of the world.  Pierce is going to have to do his best coaching yet. Pitching will need to carry us.  hopefully the hitting from LSU comes back.

• Like 2

Other than that...?

Well, Nuke’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live roo– is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose’s glove. And nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We’re dealing with a lot of shit.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Well, Nuke’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live roo– is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose’s glove. And nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We’re dealing with a lot of shit.

Well uh, candlesticks always makes a nice gift, maybe we can find out where she is registered and get her a nice place setting or silverware to match....OK, let's get two!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Well. It was a great weekend here. Glad we came down for the sat/Sunday games. Great stadium. Smaller then I thought and not as full as I thought it would be but the weather was crappy this weekend.

872134e20c83dc62da8dd4c01e4440a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was only 907 in attendance on Thursday but I'm sure that was because it was a Thursday game.  The box score today shows 1,100 attendance. Looking back at the previous series at Stanford, the attendance was fairly similar

Ladies lose 2 of 3 to unranked Minnesota in softball this weekend, at home.

ladies lose to Iowa St in basketball today.  Out of B12 tourney

Men lose to TCU in last basketball game of reg season, at home.

men lose 3 of 4 to Stanford after winning and beating their best pitcher.

Not a great Sat/Sun for Longhorn Nation.  

Reboot, take a deep breath and turn this around.

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

The little things is when you really appreciate Gus and Augie

Agreed, but I put that on the players more than the coaches, even from the time you're about 11 yo on up. Everyone out there, on any team anywhere, should be able to put down a basic sac bunt on demand. Every. Fucking. Time. But we see players struggle with it all the time across all levels. And if you can't do it, I have a hard time blaming the coaches for it.

I wouldn’t doubt it. I feel like shit hit the fan with the weather while we were on the field. All Stanford had to do was put the ball in play and the combination of our defense and the rain was good enough to get on base 99% of the time. 

4 minutes ago, wood said:

I only got to see the first 3 innings. How bad was it raining while they were hitting? Did they wait too long to stop the game?

Keith could not stop talking about how much standing water there was in the infield on the radio. There was also minimal effort made to improve the conditions until it was Stanford’s turn to take the field. Our players literally could not stay upright trying to field the ball. It was a circus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Keith could not stop talking about how much standing water there was in the infield on the radio. There was also minimal effort made to improve the conditions until it was Stanford’s turn to take the field. Our players literally could not stay upright trying to field the ball. It was a circus.

Well, fuck. No wonder he was pissed. That's bullshit.

12 minutes ago, wood said:

I only got to see the first 3 innings. How bad was it raining while they were hitting? Did they wait too long to stop the game?

They absolutely should have stopped it.  Stanford batted for an hour in their half of the inning.  They got 8 runs on something like 3 hits.  We couldn't throw a strike with the wet ball, we couldn't knock down pitches in the dirt, err, mud because they were splashing.  We may still have lost the game but for that half inning, the field was unplayable.

Just now, Lat22 said:

They absolutely should have stopped it.  Stanford batted for an hour in their half of the inning.  They got 8 runs on something like 3 hits.  We couldn't throw a strike with the wet ball, we couldn't knock down pitches in the dirt, err, mud because they were splashing.  We may still have lost the game but for that half inning, the field was unplayable.

Unreal. WTF. When they finally did stop it, were we still batting, or did they wait til we came up to bat? Letting a team completely take over the game in conditions like that is not justifiable.

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Heard on news tonight that Pierce was pissed about the conditions/field, and after enough complaining, was ejected.  Anybody hear or know anything about this?  

Good. I like it when the coach shows passion. Now lay into the team a bit and get this train rolling again.