Texas @ Stanford series

TheBryMan81

51 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Missed yesterday, but the cliffs notes seem to be that Henley pitched well enough to win, and we were undone by stupid shit?

Yep. Mental errors fixed and we would have won. 

I think it’s all fixable. Maybe not this weekend but soon. I don’t see anything to be overly concerned about. Freshmen. Says it all

Edited by Eugene11

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

I'm not just talking about yesterday.

Even one pickoff is too many.

There should be maybe 4 or 5 all year.  That's it.

Poor fielding and bad base running is a trademark of playing true freshmen.

This is what happens when a coach is forced to play true freshmen in spots they’re not ready for due to critical injuries and a team lacking in depth due to poor recruiting before the coach got here. This was always supposed to be a bridge year based on the talent in the 2016 and 2017 classes. A big Part of the reason for that was lack of depth. 

If we had stayed extremely healthy, we could’ve had a big year and likely would’ve been a much, much better fielding team but unfortunately with the losses of Hamilton and Petrinsky for the season, were already way past that point.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sock Drawer said:

Klaatu barada nikto.

Klaatu barada nikto” is a phrase that originated in the 1951 science fiction film The Day the Earth Stood Still. The humanoid alien protagonist of the film, Klaatu (Michael Rennie), instructs Helen Benson (Patricia Neal) that if any harm befalls him, she must say the phrase to the robot Gort(Lockard Martin). In response Gort relents from destroying the Earth and resurrects Klaatu from death.[1]

The Robot Hall of Fame describes the phrase as "one of the most famous commands in science fiction"[2] and Frederick S. Clarke of Cinefantastique called it "the most famous phrase ever spoken by an extraterrestrial."

I did not know that.

1 hour ago, wood said:

Don't remember one, but there was one at first that was damn close ... by the catcher. IMHO if you get picked off at first by a catcher, even a great one, you should just stop playing baseball.

And we had a runner on second at the time.  

• Like 1