Texas @ Stanford series

TheBryMan81

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Klaatu barada nikto” is a phrase that originated in the 1951 science fiction film The Day the Earth Stood Still. The humanoid alien protagonist of the film, Klaatu (Michael Rennie), instructs Helen Benson (Patricia Neal) that if any harm befalls him, she must say the phrase to the robot Gort(Lockard Martin). In response Gort relents from destroying the Earth and resurrects Klaatu from death.[1]

The Robot Hall of Fame describes the phrase as "one of the most famous commands in science fiction"[2] and Frederick S. Clarke of Cinefantastique called it "the most famous phrase ever spoken by an extraterrestrial."

I did not know that.

yeah, it's a completely made up phrase but, of course, SIFI nerds have been saying they have figured out what it means for decades. 

• Like 1

One bad series where our catcher is hurt and the coaches are still trying to figure out the best defensive alignment with only young guys as the best options.

And we haven’t even started conference play. 

But hey, fuck this team and the coaches. This season is over. 

Give it a break. We knew going into this series that Stanford was probably the real deal (unlike LSU) and a competitive 2-2 series would be great for this team. They obviously haven’t played well and Texas has some things to fix. I highly doubt the rest of the season will be like this series. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

One bad series where our catcher is hurt and the coaches are still trying to figure out the best defensive alignment with only young guys as the best options.

Give it a break. We knew going into this series that Stanford was probably the real deal (unlike LSU) and a competitive 2-2 series would be great for this team. They obviously haven’t played well and Texas has some things to fix. I highly doubt the rest of the season will be like this series. 

We have a lot of posters that don't understand how a baseball season works. This has been a shit series for us, but the sky isn't falling. 

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

We have a lot of posters that don't understand how a baseball season works. This has been a shit series for us, but the sky isn't falling. 

Yep. I for one though am glad we are giving this home-home series a break. Sure it's been good to get road experience against a good team, but it hasn't been going in our favor recently. 

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

agree. this is ugly but they need to get this stuff worked out by conference play.  A lot of people were expecting Hibbeler to start at SS after Hamilton was attacked by a scooter.  It took this series to finally make that happen.  

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I would not be surprised if we don't wave a white flag and call it quits and go home after the 5th.  This ain't helping up at all.

yeah, it will probably get called if it rains again. Stanford should want to get this last out so they can start the 5th to make this game official

13 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Username does not check out.