Texas @ Stanford series

TheBryMan81

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Well with only 11.7 Scholarships to pass out I would guess about half of our team is. This isn't football so being a walk on is a different deal.

NCAA rules are minimum of 25 and a max of 27 on scholarship.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

How were Pierce's prior teams defensively?  This isn't a trademark is it?

Fielded .982 in 2017 (1st in conference) and .978 in 2018 (1st in conference). It has pretty much been the Bryce Reagan circus this year with a dash of Eric Kennedy to begin the season. The blocking behind the plate has also been less than stellar but those don't go down as errors. Reagan has accounted for 26% of the team's errors. He is also striking out on over 50% of his at bats and yet we are still 12-4 essentially with a useless body at SS.

Edited by chase25

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Fielded .982 in 2017 (1st in conference) and .978 in 2018 (1st in conference). It has pretty much been the Bryce Reagan circus this year with a dash of Eric Kennedy to begin the season. The blocking behind the plate has also been lesshank than stellar but those don't go down as errors. Reagan has accounted for 26% of the team's errors. He is also striking out on over 50% of his at bats and yet we are still 12-4 essentially with a useless body at SS.

Thanks, but I meant Tulane and Sam.  Those Texas teams still bore the earmarks of Augie and TNic.  Our hitting is improving somewhat, and pitching seems to be holding serve, but now I wonder if defense is going to fall off.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thanks, but I meant Tulane and Sam.  Those Texas teams still bore the earmarks of Augie and TNic.  Our hitting is improving somewhat, and pitching seems to be holding serve, but now I wonder if defense is going to fall off.

His 2015 Tulane team fielded .971, that is all I can find

EDIT: 2012 Sam Houston State fielded .970, 2013 fielded .969, and 2014 fielded .965

Edited by chase25

5 minutes ago, hornbri said:

omg I just turned on the stream (the last couple days I had to follow along here), I thought it was typical surly bitching about how bad these guys are. They are awful. 

Not a fan of hiking chat?

17 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The defense fell off and broke its ankle. Then it got a rotator cuff and finally got pegged in the nuts.  I expect a piano to fall on it any second. 

Clearly, I just mean is it going to be below expectation from here on?  Looks like it might be.