TABC Makes Human Trafficking!!!111!! Bust

TwiceHorn

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/2-austin-bars-close-after-allegations-of-drugs-human-trafficking-and-drink-solicitation/269-2ac9dba5-765c-470b-ab7b-4e52634249aa

Looks like TABC pulled the liquor license on some latinx bars with drugs and hookers in them.

AAS doubles down on trafficking with no discernible connection to these busts.

More trafficking kingpins going down! Solid work TABC!

Edited by TwiceHorn

26 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

What is a "latinx bar"?

Latinx (la-TEEN-ex) (/ləˈtiːnɛks, læ-/) is a gender-neutral term sometimes used in lieu of Latino or Latina (referencing Latin American cultural or racial identity). The plural is Latinxs.

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

It’s dumb

When I learned Spanish, the textbook said that the o ending was masculine or neutral and the a ending was feminine. Thus, latino could refer to a male or any person that is latin and latina would refer to a female. And a Latino bar would obviously be a bar that latin people frequent.

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Latinx (la-TEEN-ex) (/ləˈtiːnɛks, læ-/) is a gender-neutral term sometimes used in lieu of Latino or Latina (referencing Latin American cultural or racial identity). The plural is Latinxs.

Is the pronunciation above saying to pronounce it latinks?  I just assumed it was Latin_X.  Sorry, I must have missed the day in school where we learned how to read pronunciation spellings.

For the record this popped up on my google feed for some reason and I know how much we love TABC, plus human trafficking!!!1111!!!  Had to post, despite it's insignificance.

It is another data point, though, on minor LEO actions being trumpeted as triumphs over the scourge of human trafficking, when they just bust a few hookers and a pimp or some johns.

• Like 1