Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol nice

The optics of this aren't great, but Rubin is too stupid to challenge anything policy related.  I can't imagine that interview will be anything but benign.  Shapiro is a smart guy (relatively) and an absolute expert at strawmanning, so I'd tell Mayor Pete to be prepared to deflect the nonsense and not lose his cool - Yang did a fantastic job during his conversation.  Funny enough, Shapiro thinks both Pete and Rubin are going to burn in hell for their gayness.  

No policy specifics and engaging with the alt-right-galaxy-brained-racists? Mayor Pete just rocketed to the top of my list. I will join the rest of my surly brethren in twisting this into a positive because, above all, the discourse must be protected. 

Looks like the Buttigieg bump has plateaued/dropped off a bit based on latest polling numbers. He's got the Town Hall on Fox this Sunday. 

It's always been his strategy to hold off on policy specifics, but I wonder if he'll start publishing stuff soon heading into the 1st debates. 

Just now, workswithseed said:

So show me where he is a Nazi apologist. You still haven't answered my questions. 

Yeah you fucking pussies. Answer his question. It is your duty as a poster to answer all questions posed by logic masters like seedman and Ben Shapino. Facts don't care about your feelings. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah you fucking pussies. Answer his question. It is your duty as a poster to answer all questions posed by logic masters like seedman and Ben Shapino. Facts don't care about your feelings. 

Hey, fuck face. If you want make Pete feel better about him losing to Biden, you should go suck his dick.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i have no problem with pete demolishing idiots while people watch.

Spin: Oxford Troop DESTROYS Ben Shapiro with REASON and LOGIC

Reality: Centrist DECORUMBOT provides VALIDATION and MAINSTREAM EXPOSURE to FRINGE ETHNO-NATIONALISTS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Hey, fuck face. If you want make Pete feel better about him losing to Biden, you should go suck his dick.

Resorting to the ad hominem attack. Typical of you leftists to resort to petty name calling since you can't defend your position with facts and logic. It's actually sad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

I don't think Orthodox Jews subscribe to this concept.

I know jack shit about religion so mea culpa on that one.  However, he has stated that he thinks homosexuality is a sin and that he would never attend a gay wedding.  Or even a jew/non-jew wedding, apparently that's a sin too.   Weird little fellow, he is.

No policy specifics and engaging with the alt-right-galaxy-brained-racists? Mayor Pete just rocketed to the top of my list. I will join the rest of my surly brethren in twisting this into a positive because, above all, the discourse must be protected. 
Because if we've learned anything, it's that we can hide in our safe space and ignore and insult our way to power!

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Because if we've learned anything, it's that we can hide in our safe space and ignore and insult our way to power!

I realize that I am falling for the bait by responding to your usual Republican nonsense, but I just want to point out that even when you think you are making a clever point you are just smashing yourself in the nuts with a hammer. You sarcastically posit that "safe spaces" and "insults" are the way to power yet this is exactly what Trump has done and he's the most powerful man alive. Again, I realize I have taken the bait, but keep swinging that hammer. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I realize that I am falling for the bait by responding to your usual Republican nonsense, but I just want to point out that even when you think you are making a clever point you are just smashing yourself in the nuts with a hammer. You sarcastically posit that "safe spaces" and "insults" are the way to power yet this is exactly what Trump has done and he's the most powerful man alive. Again, I realize I have taken the bait, but keep swinging that hammer. 

The second thing we've learned is that if we alienate everyone that doesn't pass our woke purity tests, we will certainly keep winning elections! No room for shitlibs here!

Edited by BradInATX

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Resorting to the ad hominem attack. Typical of you leftists to resort to petty name calling since you can't defend your position with facts and logic. It's actually sad. 

I bet you want me to be blown up and die like you said about Dan. Why do you want us to die?

57 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Reality: Centrist DECORUMBOT provides VALIDATION and MAINSTREAM EXPOSURE to FRINGE ETHNO-NATIONALISTS

Do you think Yang supports Ethno-Nationalist? I mean he went on Ben's show and it was pretty good.

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What policy of his would make Ethno-Nationalist like him? Did you already say that he denounced them anyways?

Yang denounced them but there is a weird Yang shadow campaign coming from the alt-right.  The UBI policy seems to be the main attraction because if you’re on the UBI, you can’t take any other government assistance. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yang denounced them but there is a weird Yang shadow campaign coming from the alt-right.  The UBI policy seems to be the main attraction because if you’re on the UBI, you can’t take any other government assistance. 

Makes sense, but how is that his fault?

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This has been the position of others in the past, but Yang has said that UBI will make up the difference for someone receiving less than $1k in governmental assistance. So anyone getting $1001 would be SOL unless they opted in to UBI and forfeited their previous assistance. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not his fault but going on Ben Shapiro isn’t exactly sending a “Fuck the ethno-nationalists” message considering that is a cross-section of his audience. 

So now, what Ethno-Nationalist is saying that they like Ben? They seem to want him dead.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Decorumcrat is what I'm going to start calling some of these 2020 rejects trying to play footsie with Republicans.  If only we're nicer to them, they'll surely return that kindness is spades!!!

3 hours ago, Ozzman said:

Policies

https://peteforamerica.com/issues/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Criminal Justice reform looks pretty solid. The Immigration policy looks a little vague and seems more like a call back to the status quo before Trump. It's not that I want someone to call for the abolition of ICE but I want someone to call for the abolition of ICE.

8 hours ago, F250 said:

Criminal Justice reform looks pretty solid. The Immigration policy looks a little vague and seems more like a call back to the status quo before Trump. It's not that I want someone to call for the abolition of ICE but I want someone to call for the abolition of ICE.

I understand candidates' hesitancy to call for the abolition of ICE/the Gestapo, so I'm not sure I'm expecting them to verbalize it, but damn if I don't want them to do it immediately once they take office. 

• Like 1

Pete went on Hugh Hewitt's radio show this morning. Love this exchange. 

HH: Let me conclude with the issue that most troubles me about the Democrats, including you, Mayor Pete, which is you are in favor of expanding the Supreme Court and packing the Court up to 15 justices, which would be profoundly destabilizing. I’ve been teaching Con Law for 25 years. I wouldn’t want the Republicans to do it or the Democrats to do it. Are you open to persuasion on that, because it is such a bad idea?

PB: I am in favor of anything that will depoliticize the Supreme Court. And as you know, I think, in fact, you know better than I do, was it six times or seven times that America has changed the number and/or structure of the justices? Anyway, at least from time to time…

HH: I don’t know, but it hasn’t been for, it hasn’t been for 80 years, 90 years…

PB: Well, no, the number of justices was changed in my lifetime.

HH: No, it hasn’t.

PB: Yes, it was. It was changed by the Republicans a couple of years ago. They changed it to eight until they took power again. So…

HH: Oh, I see. But not the law governing the number of seats. You would expand the number of seats. That’s an interesting rhetorical trick, but that’s not…

https://www.hughhewitt.com/mayor-pete-buttigieg-on-biography-policy-and-politics/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 406W30th said:

I understand candidates' hesitancy to call for the abolition of ICE/the Gestapo, so I'm not sure I'm expecting them to verbalize it, but damn if I don't want them to do it immediately once they take office. 

Yeah, I was being sarcastic about a direct call to abolish ICE. I completely agree with your statement. It's an extreme slogan but hopefully someone does roll back this vestige of the Bush administration.