2019 NCAA Tournament: First Round

Machinator

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

After the offensive player twice lowered his shoulder and bulled into him.

Nooooooo.  No he did not. 

There’s definitely been some of that action in this tournament, but that play wasn’t it. That’s a smart post player, dats what dat is. 

Now if it’s ohio state and dat big man vs. Houston?  Nikka dat gonna be a game. Clean ya ass!

Fucking ISU. Plays like its a championship game against Big 12 teams in the conference tournament.

Shits the fucking bed every fucking NCAA tournament. Never fucking picking them to win another game in the NCAAs again. Fucking fucks. Fucking "home" game for them and they just choke.

God damn. Fuck.

• Like 2

Just now, Machinator said:

A fair number of close games, but too few upsets for this to be a memorable first round.

Man, unpopular opinion. I dont give a fuck about upsets. I want to see good games. Its cool if the underdog wins, but I just dont want to see a fuckton of blowouts.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

It's cool, Pancho--everyone knows refs a) are blind and b) can never admit it.

I admit when i’m Wrong all the time haha.  That wasn’t a blatant lowering of the shoulder and bullying into the defense though.  Not in D1 basketball.  In high school, maybe. 

My vision?  Well...es bueno

Fucking ISU. Plays like its a championship game against Big 12 teams in the conference tournament.

Shits the fucking bed every fucking NCAA tournament. Never fucking picking them to win another game in the NCAAs again. Fucking fucks. Fucking "home" game for them and they just choke.

God damn. Fuck.

You might be more butt hurt than I am

Just now, 76Jayhawk said:

Man, unpopular opinion. I dont give a fuck about upsets. I want to see good games. Its cool if the underdog wins, but I just dont want to see a fuckton of blowouts.

I think there's a good balance. You don't want the latter rounds to be diluted with teams that played over their heads for one game and crash back to earth, but chalk isn't all that fun either.

Then again, we saw three 12-5 upsets, so maybe I'm being greedy. Just hard to get excited about Oregon or Liberty as "cinderellas".

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

You might be more butt hurt than I am

I am. I so very rarely pick Big 12 teams to win games in the NCAA other than KU because no one has shown any god damn reliability. This year I took a chance I picked you fuckers because of how you played down the stretch and you dipshits went all ISU on me AGAIN.

Just now, Machinator said:

I think there's a good balance. You don't want the latter rounds to be diluted with teams that played over their heads for one game and crash back to earth, but chalk isn't all that fun either.

Then again, we saw three 12-5 upsets, so maybe I'm being greedy. Just hard to get excited about Oregon or Liberty as "cinderellas".

and a 4-13 upset. And 3 of the 4 1s were down at the half. That was somewhat exciting, if even momentarily.

I am. I so very rarely pick Big 12 teams to win games in the NCAA other than KU because no one has shown any god damn reliability. This year I took a chance I picked you fuckers because of how you played down the stretch and you dipshits went all ISU on me AGAIN.

Yeah. It’s what we do. You know the parable of the scorpion and the frog? Why does anyone think we can ever change?

5 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

That wasn’t a blatant lowering of the shoulder and bullying into the defense though.  Not in D1 basketball.

I realize it's a subjective call, but generally, when the offensive player uses his shoulders to back down a defender and create space, rather than his hips, it is often whistled. In D1 basketball.

You must've been out of the room and refilling your whiskey again. It's cool. Enjoy the buzz.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

1 minute ago, 76Jayhawk said:

and a 4-13 upset. And 3 of the 4 1s were down at the half. That was somewhat exciting, if even momentarily.

That's fair.

I always like to see a couple WTF upsets in the top 4 seeds, and feel slightly cheated that the one we got was the team that had a pseudo-home court advantage facing a short-handed higher seed (coached by Bruce Weber). If Colgate or Bradley didn't lose steam towards the end, or if Yale could have shot just decent BTA, I would probably be singing a different tune.

There was also a noticeable lack of buzzer-beaters.

18 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I realize it's a subjective call, but generally, when the offensive player uses his shoulders to back down a defender and create space, rather than his hips, it is often whistled. In D1 basketball.

You must've been out of the room and refilling your whiskey again. It's cool. Enjoy the buzz.

Nah, I saw the play in real time.  You’re correct in what you state, but that’s not what happened in that play.  

I wish I was buzzed. 

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

Nah, I saw the play in real time.  You’re correct in what you state, but that’s not what happened in that play.  

I wish I was buzzed. 

Now there's something we can agree on: I wish I were buzzed, too. It'd help me forget about the current state of Texas basketball.

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic