2019 NCAA Tournament: First Round

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

They’re pissy and annoyed that they’re not a P5 conference, which they deserve to be in, and think we had something to do with the XII not expanding. UT is the top dog in this state and yapping at our heels comes with the territory which is why it doesn’t faze me.

Blowing strangers for drugs didn't faze you either.  I'm going to assume you're unfazable.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Georgia St. Has the coach coaching with a cast in the Tournament a few years ago, IIRC. 

One of the more memorable upsets of this decade for me. It was his son, hitting what can only be described as an ill-advised 3-pointer to take down Baylor.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

One of the more memorable upsets of this decade for me. It was his son, hitting what can only be described as an ill-advised 3-pointer to take down Baylor.

Too funny.  And now I remember the cutie trying to help him up. 

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

They’re pissy and annoyed that they’re not a P5 conference, which they deserve to be in, and think we had something to do with the XII not expanding. UT is the top dog in this state and yapping at our heels comes with the territory which is why it doesn’t faze me. TCU and TT who are in our conference don’t seem to piss some of y’all off like UH does

UH fan hates Tech in general.     their inadequacy complex is fucking tiring.

UH fan whines with the best of them.

16 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

They’re pissy and annoyed that they’re not a P5 conference, which they deserve to be in, and think we had something to do with the XII not expanding. UT is the top dog in this state and yapping at our heels comes with the territory which is why it doesn’t faze me. TCU and TT who are in our conference don’t seem to piss some of y’all off like UH does

UH deserves shit they are right where they have EARNED the right to be

at the end of the SWC their football, basketball, facilities, fan support, budget, donations, and administration from the top down were total shit and that is 100% why they had no chance to be in the Big 12

Baylor and Texas Tech may have used some political pull to get in the SWC, but it was not at the expense of UH because UH was not coming no matter what because they were a total shit pile

the fact that after a decade and a half or more UH has decided to spend $30 million a year in student fees and academic funds to fire 8 win coaches and run around pretending like they have been great forever is laughable and a joke especially when their fan support is still shit and they are hardly dominating the AAC and pretty much did shit in the CUSA

not to mention their whole goal is to get in the Big 12 and be a pain in the ass to UT and try and shit on Baylor and Tech some more in the failed idea that if things change they would not be left behind again especially since they would try political bullshit with Texas because they falsely believe that is what mattered the most for Baylor and Tech over UH

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Liberty is probably the one mid-major/low-major underdog that I'll have trouble rooting for.

I just came here to post that they were hanging with #5 see MSU.  I hate the SEC and am having trouble working up some excitement for Liberty.  

• Like 1

Just now, deter said:

Especially when he can take four steps on a drive.

ShaqAttaq

It's the show ESPN/ CBS wants you to see!!!

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't remember if it was like this in the older days, but the pod sites have nothing to do with the regions themselves.

I get that, rewarding Top4 seeds per Region by placing them nearest to them, whenever possible.  Just wierd to watch Miss St/Lib play out in San Jose for the East Reg. 

9 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

UH deserves shit they are right where they have EARNED the right to be

at the end of the SWC their football, basketball, facilities, fan support, budget, donations, and administration from the top down were total shit and that is 100% why they had no chance to be in the Big 12

Baylor and Texas Tech may have used some political pull to get in the SWC, but it was not at the expense of UH because UH was not coming no matter what because they were a total shit pile

the fact that after a decade and a half or more UH has decided to spend $30 million a year in student fees and academic funds to fire 8 win coaches and run around pretending like they have been great forever is laughable and a joke especially when their fan support is still shit and they are hardly dominating the AAC and pretty much did shit in the CUSA

not to mention their whole goal is to get in the Big 12 and be a pain in the ass to UT and try and shit on Baylor and Tech some more in the failed idea that if things change they would not be left behind again especially since they would try political bullshit with Texas because they falsely believe that is what mattered the most for Baylor and Tech over UH

That was true a quarter century ago not now. They’re P5 caliber now for all the reasons they weren’t before. No longer a commuter school either. Behind UT for most number of on campus beds. I’d like to see the American force their way to truly make it a Power 6 for real. I have always rooted for city schools and I enjoy watching their football and basketball games.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Just wierd to watch Miss St/Lib play out in San Jose for the East Reg. 

Indirect consequence of every West Coast program aside from Gonzaga being mediocre or worse this year.

Oregon, Arizona, UCLA are all programs that have the ability to field top 25 teams but didn't for various reasons.

You had two West Coast sites (Salt Lake City, San Jose) with only one top 4 seed located near them.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That was true a quarter century ago not now. They’re P5 caliber now for all the reasons they weren’t before. No longer a commuter school either. Behind UT for most number of on campus beds 

well they need to prove it for an extended period of time like TCU did instead of one season and then shit talking like the early years of the SWC

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/PDF/9320.PDF?CFID=95642940&CFTOKEN=65573924

and they are behind aggy, UT, Texas Tech and soon to be Texas State in on campus dorm rooms because Tech has now completed their 313 on that list and I believe actually built more since then or started more

and Texas State has started or is starting more and also dorm rooms do not count as much as actual warm bodies in those dorm rooms and UH had about 600 of those rooms empty which was a major issue for them especially since in prior years more than that were empty particularly in some of their newer high (over) priced dorms and that was a financial drag for them

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That was true a quarter century ago not now. They’re P5 caliber now for all the reasons they weren’t before. No longer a commuter school either. Behind UT for most number of on campus beds. I’d like to see the American force their way to truly make it a Power 6 for real. I have always rooted for city schools and I enjoy watching their football and basketball games.

Just now, ButtFumble said:

well they need to prove it for an extended period of time like TCU did instead of one season and then shit talking like the early years of the SWC

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/PDF/9320.PDF?CFID=95642940&CFTOKEN=65573924

and they are behind aggy, UT, Texas Tech and soon to be Texas State in on campus dorm rooms because Tech has now completed their 313 on that list and I believe actually built more since then or started more

and Texas State has started or is starting more and also dorm rooms do not count as much as actual warm bodies in those dorm rooms and UH had about 600 of those rooms empty which was a major issue for them especially since in prior years more than that were empty particularly in some of their newer high (over) priced dorms and that was a financial drag for them

For fuck's sake, take this debate elsewhere.

• Like 1

Call your shot, Cyclone fans--how will the Fightin' Als fare tonight?

I think we win by about 8.

Drawing a P5 team is the best thing that could happen to us. There’s no way these guys would take Liberty seriously.

I’m worried about OSUs big guy though
  • Like 2

regardless of Liberty and Miss State hate...it's still the best game of this set that is on.

I has a sad...announcer said Baxter-Bell might be hurt as they went to commercial.

Dude is playing his ass off.  Must get tired like a cheetah...LOL.  he's their 6th man.

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic