2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Pimphand said:

Not that I'm aware just left field and first base AFAIK but I would want Brantley and Yuli in the lineup.

I like Spidey in right. They can use Alvarez in a pinch role if necessary in inter league. We’ll see if he gets more reps at LF, or 1b in Florida next spring. 

Not being able to play Alvarez against the NL teams sucks.  Is he *that* bad at right field?  No offense to Reddick intended...

He’s slow and not especially athletic. Plus St. Louis is a pretty big outfield. He’s playing Sunday with Miley on the mound because Wade is a ground ball pitcher and should limit chances. He’s pretty much a DH. So was Big Poppy. Thanks Bud!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s slow and not especially athletic. Plus St. Louis is a pretty big outfield. He’s playing Sunday with Miley on the mound because Wade is a ground ball pitcher and should limit chances. He’s pretty much a DH. So was Big Poppy. Thanks Bud!

This. They’ll push his atahleticism envelope in the spring when they can afford to to assess his absolute limitations now that they know he’s a keeper. He will always be a DH imo, with the occasional field assignment. Our lineup, at least at this point, is sick enough that it’s a moot point right now.