2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, henrygandorf said:

the mockups are here, and they’re glorious.

6ead2ed0638d0dfcca7f67a15b4d7456.jpg

ok, so here's how this is going to go...

i am ordering blanks from a place in the midwest, then taking them in person to get screen-printed.  as of now, i'm getting 12 of each color.  but once i do the process, we have what we have, and tacking on more hats will be time consuming and expensive.

so please start sending me pm's with specific numbers, so that i order enough.  i don't mind making more if we need to.  i will likely be placing the hat order on monday.

you clowns got 72 hours.  and i will be taking donations at about ~$10 a hat (including shipping) just to cover my costs.

• Like 2

From MLB.com :

"The Astros have most aggressively pursued Syndergaard," Sherman writes, "but the Mets’ current stance is that only the Braves and Padres and their stacked systems are ideally positioned to obtain the righty."

27 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

From MLB.com :

"The Astros have most aggressively pursued Syndergaard," Sherman writes, "but the Mets’ current stance is that only the Braves and Padres and their stacked systems are ideally positioned to obtain the righty."

I will choose to focus on the first half of this statement while completely ignoring the rest.

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I will choose to focus on the first half of this statement while completely ignoring the rest.

That's smart given that the second half is at least as likely to be an attempt to goad the Astros into increasing their offer as it is to be an actual evaluation of the situation. There's no way we don't have enough prospects to get it done.

Not that we should offer this, but would the Mets really demand or expect more than Tucker, Whitley, Nova, JB, Nova, and Beer, with Kemp thrown in as a sweetener? Tucker and Whitley alone would likely be overpaying.  

• Like 1

ZACK WHEELERSP, NEW YORK METS

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Astros are among the teams interested in Zack Wheeler.

Landing with the Astros would be about a best-case scenario for Wheeler, as he'd go to a much better team and also to a club known for getting the most out of their pitchers. He'll need to show that his shoulder is healthy first, though, so Friday's start against the Pirates is very important.

in case you needed a reason to watch a fucking mets game...

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

That's smart given that the second half is at least as likely to be an attempt to goad the Astros into increasing their offer as it is to be an actual evaluation of the situation. There's no way we don't have enough prospects to get it done.

Not that we should offer this, but would the Mets really demand or expect more than Tucker, Whitley, Nova, JB, Nova, and Beer, with Kemp thrown in as a sweetener? Tucker and Whitley alone would likely be overpaying.  

Yeah, exactly. We have plenty of prospects to get a deal done. 

ok, in regards to my earlier comments about the hats and their "availability" - i'm literally taking the weekend to accumulate the wishlist, then placing the order on monday.

so nothing is "sold out" or "unavailable" - just let me know which one(s) you want, and it will get ordered.

-hg

ceo, hg's custom caps, ltd

• Like 2

Back to the matter at hand, I fucking hate the cardinals. I hated Larissa, Ozzie Smith, puljos, Coleman, edmunds, Carpenter, Herr, wainwright just to name a few. Willie McGee was ok. Fuck them all and especially fuck their fan base. They can all go to hell in a hand basket 

except for bob gibson, he was a damn baller 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 5

I wish someone could put together a highlight video of all the times Jim Edmonds made a catch and then dived afterward. For every legit highlight reel play he made, it seemed like there were half a dozen where he made a routine play look hard showboating.

I hate that guy.

Edited by formermav43
  • Like 1