2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, APMP said:

I'm totally in.

It would be cool to have a tip of the cap (har har) to one of the most iconic sports uniforms ever:

A Houston Strong patch or lettering could be cool on the side/back but I don't know if that's possible with trucker hats...

d70681b6852b5fd2b4cdd895d8a480e8.jpg

i saw and liked that one too.

decisions, decisions.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

all right surly stros thread peoples, i am gonna switch gears for a minute to talk about a subject near and dear to your hearts - trucker hats.

about 10 years ago, i bought an astros trucker hat off some shitty bootleg site for about $4 and it was awesome (trucker hats fit my head better than most other hats).  anyway, it was a good soldier, but eventually got disgusting, so i reordered the same hat.  over the past year or so, it has also gotten disgusting and misshapen/deformed, but here's the problem - whatever shithouse site i bought them on no longer exists. 

in fact, i have not been able to find any suitable astros trucker hat to replace it.  and as someone who works from home, i really need a good hat sometimes just to leave the house.

so i've been putting this project off, but over the next week, i will be moving forward on it - and i started today.  i called some local and non-local custom t-shirt/trucker hat companies, and it seems so far, like there's no way to order just one custom trucker hat for less than $50.  the cheapest i've found has been for a dozen for about $10 a hat, or two dozen for about $7 a hat.

which means i need some of you clowns to take on some of my inventory.  and it's not a financial thing.  i'm happy to make the investment, but i don't want 11-23 identical hats chilling at my house.  if you wanna throw me a few bucks for shipping, then sure, but it's not a big deal.  i'm gonna get on tapa to post a pic of what the old hat looked like, and i want to start discussing what the new hat should look like. 

i like the navy/white scheme, but i also found orange/white that i'm digging.  and as much as i like the old school circle logo, there's a lot out there that i also like.  we have an off day tomorrow, so i welcome all ideas, logos, colors, whatever.  there are no wrong answers, we're brainstorming here.  and obviously, if you want in, you can say so, or pm me.

and please spare me the trucker hat insults - i've heard them all.  if a normal fitted or snapback baseball cap fit my head better, i would wear that, but this is where we are, and i'm not changing.

I made a horrible,  ironic "HTownPride" hat  5 yards a go with @ERhine. It's my favorite hat sm ou sucks fuck

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I really hate the Cardinals.

I do miss that 2000s rivalry though

Have fun celebrating that time you were the backdrop for a crappy Jimmy Fallon movie.  Too bad they can’t do it at old Busch, but the Astros shut that dump down by winning the last ever game in that stadium.   

Oh... the old Cardinal hate juices are beginning to flow again.   Feels good.  

Edited by Guadaloopy

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Current leader in the clubhouse is the original pic HG posted.
Don’t fuck with perfection/ ain’t broke don’t fix it

I love Astros orange but that logo on orange trucker hat would be too much

and if the orange didn't match perfectly it'd look terrible. 

• Like 1

ok, so let's start with 12 of those - navy/white - just like the original.

it's a nissun hat.  back when i created the ggw trucker hat we would only use nissun or otto brand.  they're cheap, but not terrible, and the brims mold well.

worst case, i may just buy them blank and take them to this spot south of downtown la where they can do the screen print while i wait.

wife is leaving town next week and i may not do anything else.

if i can get the screen printed, there's a chance i can reuse it for different colors - like the orange.

stay tuned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

I really hate the Cardinals.

I do miss that 2000s rivalry though

This press release was on Wednesday.

I wish it had been made a few days earlier so Bagwell could have commented on it when he covered the game Tuesday.

I hope the Red Sox celebrate the 2004 World Series the next time St Louis visits.

Fuck the Cardinals.

Fuck St. Louis.  I lived in that shithole for 4 years.  It's the shittiest place I have ever lived.  Fuck St. Louis, its shittiness, and the fans.  They pretend they have the best fans; they are loyal but fucking stupid.  My fondest memories of St. Louis are talking shit to them at Busch when Oswalt was dominating them in 2005 and being at the game when Rick Ankiel became a headcase.

11 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

What's the roster move with Carlos coming back?

DFA Kemp?

Send Straw down?

Send Straw down until trade deadline, in order to keep as much flexibility with regard to trading Kemp (if Kemp is not traded by then, DFA him then)? 

gotta be Straw down or a trade

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Fuck St. Louis.  I lived in that shithole for 4 years.  It's the shittiest place I have ever lived.  Fuck St. Louis, its shittiness, and the fans.  They pretend they have the best fans; they are loyal but fucking stupid.  My fondest memories of St. Louis are talking shit to them at Busch when Oswalt was dominating them in 2005 and being at the game when Rick Ankiel became a headcase.

any fan base that tells you how great it is actually fucking sucks.