2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so i assume yuli is the p.o.m. for july?

i'm not sure i've ever seen anyone be this hot.

The only thing I can think of is Berkman going .500 for almost a month.  I don't think he had as many HRs though.

21 Lance Berkman, 2001 

Berkman_Lance_03.jpg
.482 avg
(c) Houston Astros
Young superstar Lance Berkman began an incredible 21-game hitting streak on June 17 that lasted until the All-Star break. He picked up a single in the All-Star Game, but the streak officially ended on his next game, on July 12th, when he went hitless in two at-bats against San Diego. Over the streak, Berkman picked up almost two hits per game, going 41-for-85 for a .482 average. His patient eye garnered him plenty of walks, raising his on-base pct during the streak to an amazing .541. His nine homers, ten doubles, and a lone triple gave him a .941 slugging pct. Berkman was named co-Player of the Week for June 18-24 and hit home runs in four consecutive games from June 25-29, one short of Cliff Johnson's club record. His best game was a 4-for-6 performance on June 21 which included two homers and a double.

Edited by WBT

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so i assume yuli is the p.o.m. for july?

i'm not sure i've ever seen anyone be this hot.

Trout would be in the conversation if he didn't have like 20 less AB's. His stats are very close to Yuli's.

Edited by rvm96

ok, so after some quick math...
since june 23rd (23 games + 2 innings tonight):
yuli is 38-95 (.400)
15 homers
33 rbi
23 runs
we're 17-7 in those games (yuli sat out one)

I haven’t updated it since the Rangers series but since yordan got called up he and Yuli are only a handful of HRs behind the rest of the team combined
Add in Diaz and the Cubans may catch the rest of the team by the weekend

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

But seriously, if we catch the Yankees for best record and/or Yuli stays hot the rest of the year or playoffs, how pissed do you have to be at Beltran if you’re the Yankees

How much does Beltran have to hear before he says fuck off I’m going back?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m not wild about it but what do I know.

Aledmys Diaz says the nickname he & his teammates have for @YordanAlvarez2 is "El Asesino, The Assassin"

It makes sense. His demeanor is that of an assassin. Also, he murders baseballs.

so i have a question.

they just said diaz is starting his 7th game at 1b.  which i didn't realize, because he seems pretty smooth.

but seeing as how he's a ss by trade, wouldn't it make more sense to have him start at ss, slide bregs back to 3rd, and have yuli play first?  especially with miley pitching?

Just now, henrygandorf said:

so i have a question.

they just said diaz is starting his 7th game at 1b.  which i didn't realize, because he seems pretty smooth.

but seeing as how he's a ss by trade, wouldn't it make more sense to have him start at ss, slide bregs back to 3rd, and have yuli play first?  especially with miley pitching?

Maybe getting him more reps at first since Tyler is gone.