2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

That Goldy homer should be Verlander’s thesis statement in his juiced ball manifesto.  Did not look close to an HR off the bat.  
I thought likewise when I saw the replay. He didn't get all of it but that ball carried like MJ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I wonder if Pressly's knee is bothering him. He got hit around a little bit on Wednesday too. 
I was wondering that as well but, if that's the case, it's curious to me that they didn't 10 day him and use his roster spot to keep TK around.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That pic makes me think when he showed up the uniform guy was like “um...we were told you were 225 and we have this uniform that fits a 225 lb person. Sorry, that’s all we got.”

I can neither confirm nor deny that T White already has all the secret off-menu orders at In and Out Burger memorized.

The St. Louis hate thing is dumb. Their fan base is 2x more intelligent as the average Houston fan.

I don't understand the Pujols hate either. Yes, he had that one at bat in 2004, but he has been nothing but a class act throughout his career. The Cardinals fans gave Biggio a standing ovation during his last series at Busch and Pujols deserves the same.

The Cardinals fans also gave their team a round of applause when the Astros defeated them in the 2005 NLCS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mycox said:

The St. Louis hate thing is dumb. Their fan base is 2x more intelligent as the average Houston fan.

I don't understand the Pujols hate either. Yes, he had that one at bat in 2004, but he has been nothing but a class act throughout his career. The Cardinals fans gave Biggio a standing ovation during his last series at Busch and Pujols deserves the same.

The Cardinals fans also gave their team a round of applause when the Astros defeated them in the 2005 NLCS.

Fuck the cardinals. Always and forever 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mycox said:

The St. Louis hate thing is dumb.

You really don't understand why fans of interdivision rivals who met in two straight closely contested NLCS might not love each other?  Especially when the Cardinals got caught hacking into Houston's player development database?  If ou had a nicer fanbase, would you excuse the fact that they're a bunch of cheaters?

• Like 1

I don't understand the Pujols hate either. Yes, he had that one at bat in 2004

It was October 17, 2005.....my 15th birthday. I went from such a high when Berkman went deep to take the lead to such a low from that HR. People don’t forget

Houston is also winless on that day in franchise history, I blame my parents.

7 hours ago, mycox said:

I am actually pretty neutral on the Cardinals, but the hacking thing is a legit reason to fucking despise them. And I never held it against Pujols that he killed the Astros for years - he was just doing his job - but he did act like a bitch in that game a couple weeks ago. 

• Like 1

You are an idiot

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Molina.  Cheating.  2004 ceremony tonight.  F the Cardinals, but mostly Molina, non HOF ass

Totally - Molina seems like a douchebag. And he is overrated. I guess if you believe that he has been head-and-shoulders better defensively than Bench, Rodriguez, Carter, etc, as the Fangraphs defensive metrics suggest, you can make the case that this career league-average hitter is a hall-of-famer. But that's putting a lot of faith in defensive metrics that are still in the early stages of quantification. (And on FG, they sure seem to have a strong recency bias, as the top 4 all-time C in defensive value are Molina, Rodriguez, Russell Martin and Brian McCann.)

Houston has a historical connection to the Cardinals beyond the Astros. The Houston Buffs were St. Louis’ first minor league affiliate, which lasted from 1928-1961. The city also received Cardinal radio broadcasts from KMOX, maybe the first ever superstation. KMOX broadcast range made the Cardinals the team of the South, including Houston.