2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Berkman is really good in the booth. Would love to see him involved next year full time with our broadcasts now that he quit his job coaching Second Baptist. 

I think it’s a beating to listen to him the whole game. Reminds me of my kids when they were little and never stopped talking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I think it’s a beating to listen to him the whole game. Reminds me of my kids when they were little and never stopped talking.  

I hear you but I think he gives really good insight and info. You must have really enjoyed him during that 5 hour long game with the Marisnick collision :)

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I hear but I think he gives really good insight and info. You must have really enjoyed him during the 5 hour long game with the Marisnick colllision

I agree that most of what he says is very interesting.  But he talks over the action, and doesn’t let my mind rest.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

It was going to be 2 outs anyway. A base hit or past ball/error is the only way to get Reddick home. A base hit would still get Altuve home.

With 1 out and Reddick on 3rd a sac fly would’ve scored Reddick, instead with 2 outs and Tuve on 2nd the sac fly wasn’t an option, it had to be a hit.

Just now, Limp Brisket said:

With 1 out and Reddick on 3rd a sac fly would’ve scored Reddick, instead with 2 outs and Tuve on 2nd the sac fly wasn’t an option, it had to be a hit.

If Reddick didn’t go they would have thrown Altuve out at first and a sac fly wouldn’t be an option in either case. Either way, a runner at third or second with two out is going to need a hit to score, and that is what happened.