2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Made one bad pitch.  Got burned by the shift and some shaky D.  He did have command issues at time, though.  Nothing to panic about.  

It's his first game. Can't expect him to come out there and throw a no hitter like a 3-14 pitcher with a 6.07 ERA. 

Greinke will be fine. He is a proven all star level pitcher. He knows how to pitch. First game jitters are to be expected. 

4 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Watching his HR again, I realize I am almost taking Yordan for granted.  His power is inhuman, but he is just an unbelievable hitter. 

Holy shit.

I was row 5 in that upper section and that ball flew way over our heads. Pre game we were joking about catching a yardon hr. Little did we know that we were way too close to the field. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Made one bad pitch.  Got burned by the shift and some shaky D.  He did have command issues at time, though.  Nothing to panic about.  

Colorado knows him as well as anyone. First night out. No panicking. He will accomplish what he came here to do. Just some fun hyperbole in here. He has to be excited about the support behind him. Dis gon be gud.

No relievers are getting dfa'd.  There will be rehab setbacks from the guys already out and/or mysterious nagging injuries of guys on the active roster to get us through Sept 1.  You want to hang onto all of these guys in case of legitimate injuries in September or in the playoffs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WBT said:

The mlb app changed them from earned to unearned now

And this morning I look at the box score and the three runs are backed to earned.  After originally ruling it an error on Bregman, they apparently changed Murphy's grounder to leadoff the 6th to a hit, which is bullshit.  Greinke's first start with the team and the official scorer fucks him out of 3 earned runs.

46 minutes ago, WBT said:

No relievers are getting dfa'd.  There will be rehab setbacks from the guys already out and/or mysterious nagging injuries of guys on the active roster to get us through Sept 1.  You want to hang onto all of these guys in case of legitimate injuries in September or in the playoffs.

All of them would get snapped up immediately, possibly by another playoff team

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Springer and Reddick both getting a day off is surprising. Berkman mentioned that Springer looked a little banged up after he took third late in the game. Hopefully that's not why he's out today.  At this point, I think I'd take Jake over Josh anyway. 

Springer needs to learn how not to play every play like's it's game 7 of the WS. Like the play he got injured on earlier this season, there was no reason to pursue that foul ball as aggressively as he did. Maybe leaving him in CF all the time would be better for his health.

Edited by HtownHorn