2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

i know the schedule says we have "an off day" but that's really not true.  in a few innings, we'll have about 50 hours off, which is some bullshit.

to help pass the time, i thought i would look into the dream season that the baltimore pitching staff is enjoying.

ops allowed - .848 (1st, or 30th, depending on how you look at it).  colo is 2nd at .823, m's are 3rd at .815 (nice stretch to be an astros batter).

homers allowed - 229 (1st) m's are 2nd with 198

obp allowed - they are 28th (astros are tied for 1st)

they also lead: runs, total bases, slugging, k's (last)

should be fun.

Garrett Stubbs sighting.  Why hasn't he been sent down yet with Chirinos playing again?

I’ve had the same question. I guess they just didn’t fell the need before Pressly gets activated this weekend. Kind of surprising as this management team seldom misses an opportunity to gain even the slightest edge.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yordan 3-4 with 3 singles.

is he just lefty pujols?

Last night or the night before, the broadcast showed their stats through their first however many games and they were pretty much identical.  I think Pujols had 10 or 15 points on Yordan in BA, but the power numbers were the same.

Edited by kevwun

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

considering we only use mchugh when we're up by 4-12 runs late, i hope he pitches every game.

A good McHugh is so valuable... so maybe he needs all the repetition the team can give him to get his confidence/mechanics in a good place.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Astros team totals:

1979 - 49 home runs (Dave Kingman alone had 48 with the Cubs.  Jose Cruz led the Astros with 9.  JR and Andujar were tied in 8th place for the Astros with 2 HRs.)

1981 - 45 home runs (Schmidt led the majors with 31.  Real dead ball era)

Those were the days that when there were back-to-back games each with a HR, by any Astro,  it would be listed in the papers. 

1981 was a strike year. They only played 110 games.

After sitting here in hotel past few days and watching Orioles pitching staff vs NY safe to say they are hot garbage. Have given up alot of hr. Local TV keeps mentioning astros coming into town and how great of a complete team they are.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

my mom just called me to answer a question i asked her over a week ago, and then she said, "well ok, i'll let you get back to the game."

to which i replied, "what game?"

and she said, "the astros, are you not watching, we're up 4-1, cole is pitching."

it was at this point that i decided that the game was new to her, and knowing she would enjoy the outcome, i left it alone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my mom just called me to answer a question i asked her over a week ago, and then she said, "well ok, i'll let you get back to the game."

to which i replied, "what game?"

and she said, "the astros, are you not watching, we're up 4-1, cole is pitching."

it was at this point that i decided that the game was new to her, and knowing she would enjoy the outcome, i left it alone.

You're a good son.  I assume you got her one of each color hat.