2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

thunder are now 3-10 in the playoffs with russ as the lead dog.

They will move cities before they make another Finals. They drafted 3 MVPs and pissed it away. Unbelievable.

It's really, really easy to understand Durant leaving. Not saying it was justifiable for him to go to Golden State - but if anyone still hates on him for being "disloyal" they're a fucking moron.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

They will move cities before they make another Finals. They drafted 3 MVPs and pissed it away. Unbelievable.

It's really, really easy to understand Durant leaving. Not saying it was justifiable for him to go to Golden State - but if anyone still hates on him for being "disloyal" they're a fucking moron.

Only Thunder fans hate him for disloyalty, everyone else knows he didn't just take the easy way out, but rather the EASIEST possible way to a ring and ruined the competitiveness of the league for a few years. I still don't expect the Warriors to lose more than a few games this playoff season, but god damn do I hope someone knocks them off. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well there are tons of morons out there, so....

3 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

this is some pretty good stuff from KD:

Best player in the league and no one is stopping him from winning another title. 

Going to be really refreshing to not have to deal with this Warriors shit anymore after this season. 

Just now, immortal13 said:

I feel like Houston has a good shot at GS. I think KD's performance will be the deciding factor.

They have a great shot. If Harden shoots anywhere near his regular season percentages, the math makes them nearly impossible to beat. He shot like shit in last year's WCF, and they still almost won.

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

and the Jazz are probably the 3rd best team in the West.

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If Harden shoots anywhere near his regular season percentages, the math makes them nearly impossible to beat.

Laughable shit aggie. Go post this bs in the Rockets thread.

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fine. "Makes them really fucking hard to beat." That better semantics for you?

Leaving out the part where you think the Jazz are the 3rd best team in the West.

And that's a big if. Harden is a known playoff underperformer.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Leaving out the part where you think the Jazz are the 3rd best team in the West.

And that's a big if. Harden is a known playoff underperformer.

Just an opinion on the Jazz. They've been one of the best teams (along with Houston and Milwaukee) since the All-Star break. Denver is inexperienced, and we'll see if Portland is for real. Houston is just an awful matchup for Utah. I think they would have beat anyone else in the field (besides Golden State, obviously), or come damn close.

Re: Harden. That was kinda the point. He has routinely come up short. But I think he's a much more complete player this season, so if this is the year that his shooting percentages finally don't fall off a cliff, it's going to be a battle.

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Denver is inexperienced

And Utah isn't? Who is Utah's saltiest vet? Jae Crowder?

Portland looks pretty real right now. Houston is def a more experienced, dangerous team than Utah. Clippers and Spurs aren't pushovers either.

Point being my man - West is super tight this year outside of the Ws. Hard to claim any team as the 2nd or 3rd best rn.

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

The Rockets are easily the 2nd best team in the West.

I probably don't disagree. But they need to stay healthy and I want to see how they play in UTA. 

They remeber the WCF from last season but so do the Ws - going to be tough sailing playing 4 at Oracle. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I probably don't disagree. But they need to stay healthy and I want to see how they play in UTA. 

They remeber the WCF from last season but so do the Ws - going to be tough sailing playing 4 at Oracle. 

The Rockets are 4-2 at Oracle the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

I feel like Houston has a good shot at GS. I think KD's performance will be the deciding factor.

Actually think it'll come down to Draymond and if he can offer any offensive stress on the Rockets defense.  They'll pretty ignore him from BYA and he either has to make them pay or offer enough dribble drive to force rotational stress.  

Actually think it'll come down to Draymond and if he can offer any offensive stress on the Rockets defense.  They'll pretty ignore him from BYA and he either has to make them pay or offer enough dribble drive to force rotational stress.  
He hasn't been as good on defense this year either. He has regressed a bit, cousins is out, and it looks like an aging Bogut will get 25-30 minutes a night. The rockets have a good chance this year, just need to take care of Utah fast and get ready for round 2.

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Just an opinion on the Jazz. They've been one of the best teams (along with Houston and Milwaukee) since the All-Star break. Denver is inexperienced, and we'll see if Portland is for real. Houston is just an awful matchup for Utah. I think they would have beat anyone else in the field (besides Golden State, obviously), or come damn close.

Re: Harden. That was kinda the point. He has routinely come up short. But I think he's a much more complete player this season, so if this is the year that his shooting percentages finally don't fall off a cliff, it's going to be a battle.

This is true. They play outside the perimeter so much that it negates Utah's defense. Utah can't score at the pace a wide open Houston can. They could muck it up enough against another opponent though(outside of GSW).

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao9138efb1719f0c1c28c5d7d1c7fe3815.jpg

Vic I'm saying this nicely but can you please chill with the memes or start a different thread. You've taken up like half of this page with full size images regarding a series no one on here really gives a shit about.