Sri Lanka - Things Happening.

atomheartbevo

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/asia/sri-lanka-explosions/index.html

Explosions rocked three churches and two hotels in Sri Lanka on Sunday morning as Christians celebrated Easter, authorities said.

Sri Lankan police spokesperson Ruwan Gunasekera confirmed the explosions. There were no immediate details on the casualties.

I’ve seen 10 dead in one report, 40+ in another.  Three churches hit during Easter services, and 2 or 3 4- or 5-Star hotels.   

And don’t  check Twitter. Some very disturbing photos.  

Edit: Up to 150 injured.  Some officials are expecting more attacks.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

Over 200 dead, 450-600 wounded.  Hotels were hit by suicide bombers   Probably the same elsewhere   

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/sri-lanka-blast-suicide-bomber-waited-in-queue-for-easter-sunday-buffet-at-cinnamon-grand-hotel-1.1555849958833

Colombo: The suicide bomber waited patiently in a queue for the Easter Sunday breakfast buffet at Sri Lanka's Cinnamon Grand hotel before setting off explosives strapped to his back.

Carrying a plate, the man, who had registered at the hotel the night before as Mohamed Azzam Mohamed, was just about to be served when he set off his devastating strike in the packed restaurant, a manager at the Sri Lankan hotel said.

Our special needs president on Sri Lanka: “Heartfelt condolences from the people of the United States to the people of Sri Lanka on the horrible terrorist attacks on churches and hotels that have killed at least 138 million people and badly injured 600 more. We stand ready to help!“

My wife's father and stepmom were at church in Colombo went this all went down.  Thankfully, they're safe.  Not a good thing to wake up to on Sunday morning.

I drove by few churches this morning. Hits close to home.

J/k. Glad your family is ok...assuming you like them.
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, David Dennison said:

Our special needs president on Sri Lanka: “Heartfelt condolences from the people of the United States to the people of Sri Lanka on the horrible terrorist attacks on churches and hotels that have killed at least 138 million people and badly injured 600 more. We stand ready to help!“

Good thing the former president / not president were quick to point out the "Easter Worshippers" who were killed.

imgur

I guess at this point we can expect the leaders of the Muslim world to all wear crosses as a sign of respect for the dead, right?

• Like 3

Not sure if that's fake or not^

And Christians do tend to get too butt-hurt over the dumbest shit, particularly when it involves Clinton or Obama...but yeah, seriously...nobody uses the term "Easter Worshippers", because for one thing---the way English is constructed...it makes it sound like the people are worshipping something/someone called Easter.  And they're not.  You don't worship Easter, you celebrate Easter, keep Easter, or maybe make an Easter Pilgrimage.  If this had happened at Christmas, would these two have said some dumb shit like, "attack on tourists and Christmas Worshippers" or "These Pentecost Worshippers"?  

23 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

My wife's father and stepmom were at church in Colombo went this all went down.  Thankfully, they're safe.  Not a good thing to wake up to on Sunday morning.

Thanks be to God that they are safe. I can’t imagine how scary that would’ve been for you awaiting to hear from them.

• Like 1

So how many Christians worshiping at church or enjoying Easter with their families have been slaughtered by Islamic terrorists over the past few years. 75+ and over 300+ injured in Lahore, Pakistan 3 years ago. 2 years ago Muslims bombed Coptic churches and killed a bunch of people in Egypt. The number of Christians murdered by Muslims in Africa are too many to count. I’m sick and tired of seeing Christians murdered by Islamic savages. I’m supposed to believe the biggest threat is from right wing radicals. The body count says otherwise. Some people did something again Ilhan. The religion of peace my ass. Acts like these make more sympathetic to the Chinese and Burmese treatment of the Muslim agitators in their countries. The blood of martyrs is the seed of the church

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Zavala said:

More "Easter Worshippers"
4f7c72f34104e.jpeg h074B2989

tumblr_n48iv4bmuv1sqf5tdo2_400.jpg  One... two... FIVE! (no, THREE!)

By the way, who the fuck "worships Easter?"  Maybe "Easter Celebrants" to better provide the bogus bullshit ambiguity language.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Not sure if that's fake or not^

And Christians do tend to get too butt-hurt over the dumbest shit, particularly when it involves Clinton or Obama...but yeah, seriously...nobody uses the term "Easter Worshippers", because for one thing---the way English is constructed...it makes it sound like the people are worshipping something/someone called Easter.  And they're not.  You don't worship Easter, you celebrate Easter, keep Easter, or maybe make an Easter Pilgrimage.  If this had happened at Christmas, would these two have said some dumb shit like, "attack on tourists and Christmas Worshippers" or "These Pentecost Worshippers"?  

Well, I drink a lot on Easter Sunday.