Sri Lanka - Things Happening.

atomheartbevo

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah. Heaven forbid we should have an intelligent conversation about the fact that sectarian/nationalist zealotry is a common thread and a common poison, and has been throughout history. It’s much better to have the conversation that lots of folks want to have: the planet’s problem today is mooslems, and they oughta be destroyed.

That’s clearly the way to go.

Outside of a few posts from @Dirk X West I don't see a whole lot of intelligent conversation taking place here. It's really kind of a monologue, but I appreciate his efforts none the less. 

I don't know what illness a person has to have than when presented with facts, they think "But Shapiro".

I see. So now i have an illness because I question the reliability of Ben fucking Shapiro?

Sorry. Maybe if you had posted something from Alex Jones I would have given it more due respect.

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I see. So now i have an illness because I question the reliability of Ben fucking Shapiro?

Sorry. Maybe if you had posted something from Alex Jones I would have given it more due respect.

Alex Jones = Pew Research? This is what you're going with? 

5dc185ee40442a785611b54f88ae510d.jpg

Alex Jones = Pew Research? This is what you're going with? 
5dc185ee40442a785611b54f88ae510d.jpg

Pew Research =Ben Shapiro?

I’m not going to waste my time delving into how he might spin information claimed as facts from original sources.

If it comes from Ben Shapiro it’s not credible. Sorry. Even if he is right once a day like a broken clock.

That would be like me having to delve into all the shit you post here to disprove what are obvious misrepresentations or misunderstandings of facts.

Life is too short.

First reports from BBC on the background of the attackers. 

"We believe that one of the suicide bombers studied in the UK and then later on did his postgraduate in Australia before coming back to settle in Sri Lanka," Deputy Defence Minister Ruwan Wijewardene told a briefing on Wednesday.

UK authorities have been given his name and are investigating who he met prior to the attacks, says the BBC's Security Correspondent Frank Gardner.

Mr Wijewardene said that "most of [the attackers] are well educated and come from... middle or upper middle class" families.

"They are financially quite independent and their families are quite stable financially," he added.

Two of the bombers are reportedly brothers and the sons of a wealthy Colombo spice trader. They detonated their explosives at the Shangri-La and the Cinnamon Grand hotels, police sources told the AFP news agency.

Authorities say they are looking into possible links between the locals who carried out the suicide bombings and the Islamic State group.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48035043

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I don't know what illness a person has to have than when presented with facts, they think "But Shapiro".

Clinton strategy, attack the character of the person or people who present your corruption to the world.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-monica-lewinsky-a-narcissistic-loony-toon/

https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/1992-04-29-Shearer-Strategy-Memo.pdf

https://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-campaign-strategy-decades-attack-attack-attack/

Remember how Trump started the Obama birther thing?

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article102354777.html

53 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

"We believe that one of the suicide bombers studied in the UK and then later on did his postgraduate in Australia before coming back to settle in Sri Lanka," Deputy Defence Minister Ruwan Wijewardene told a briefing on Wednesday.

UK authorities have been given his name and are investigating who he met prior to the attacks, says the BBC's Security Correspondent Frank Gardner.

Mr Wijewardene said that "most of [the attackers] are well educated and come from... middle or upper middle class" families.

"They are financially quite independent and their families are quite stable financially," he added.

Two of the bombers are reportedly brothers and the sons of a wealthy Colombo spice trader. They detonated their explosives at the Shangri-La and the Cinnamon Grand hotels, police sources told the AFP news agency.

Authorities say they are looking into possible links between the locals who carried out the suicide bombings and the Islamic State group.

So much for that whole they just want jobs schtick.. maybe it's more the ills of the idle rich.....

17 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Holy Shit, Tulsi dropping knowledge bombs. She was right to call out Trump for being Saudi Arabia’s bitch.

If one penny of our foreign aid is used to empower these factions in the ME, then it’s a penny too much.

Too bad she’s getting the Ron Paul treatment.

If someone like Obama were still President, I bet his response to something like this would be to argue that it's bigoted against Muslims or something.

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, American Swindle said:

Holy Shit, Tulsi dropping knowledge bombs. She was right to call out Trump for being Saudi Arabia’s bitch.

If one penny of our foreign aid is used to empower these factions in the ME, then it’s a penny too much.

ISIS and Al Qaeda hate the Saudi regime though.  The Saudi regime and their mullahs are 2 potent wings of the nation, sometimes at odds, but have different ideologies.  Regime is about money and power, the mullahs about religious fanaticism. Still, AQ and ISIS have a blood hatred of the Saudi royals for being pro Western, corrupt and anti Islamic. 

1 hour ago, American Swindle said:

It's also a shame about Syria.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's also a shame about Syria.

Care to expand and enlighten us on your position on Syria?  

Would you say the below excerpt is a conspiracy theory? 

In a brazen attempt at honesty, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D) of Hawaii went on Tucker Carlson tonight and declared the US was addicted to regime change and that we armed and funded Al Qaeda in Syria.

In late 2016, Gabbard introduced the 'Stop Funding Terrorist Act' to Congress -- but hardly anyone on the left or on the neocon right listened. Over the course of the past two years, we've seen Russia on the right side of history, aiding the only legitimate government in Syria -- which has provided the media with endless demonization campaigns depicting both Assad and Putin as monsters, who both gassed innocents and bombed out hospitals, whilst ignoring the horrors and the blind hatred of the people attempting to overthrow Assad.

The stated goal of Putin's meddling in Syria was to protect Russian's sole Mediterranean port and aid an ally of Russia who has been loyal to the Kremlin for decades. US policy has been soft on ISIS and hard on Assad, seeking to support so called 'moderate rebels' to overthrow him. The most important fallacy about these 'moderate rebels' is that they are, in fact, an Al Qaeda spinoff, working in conjunction with ISIS to install the Caliphate in Syria. In other words, we're now supporting the same people who allegedly attacked us on 9/11.

When Trump ended the brainless CIA project to arm and fund terrorists in Syria, the media painted it as ceding to the demands of Putin. However, what our lawmakers have failed to do is sell America on the idea of extended war in Syria, which would undoubtedly cost inordinate amounts of money and lives. Instead, they simply point towards isolated events to monsterize Assad and draw on the feeble emotional strings of the American normie.

If US policy is to not negotiate with terrorists, then why the heck are we arming them? Let the regional players sort Syria out and leave us the hell out of it.

Any truth to the above in your opinion DD?  I suppose you think we ought to police the world and fund even spinoff groups of Al Queda to overthrow boogey men like Assad?  

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

As I've alluded to before, the Sri Lankan government has been warned against poking the proverbial bear by attacking the Sri Lankan Muslim community (which they've done by proxy through a group of Buddhist nationalist monks who aren't monks but rather thugs in orange robes that call themselves the Bodu Bala Sena or BBS).  So, the question now is have they pushed this group of Sri Lankan Muslims towards radicalization - which would really be a new thing for Sri Lanka - or are these guys just convenient pawns for someone else, like ISIS, or even the same faction of the government that's been supporting, encouraging and protecting the BBS, or both?

• Like 1

Just now, Dirk X West said:

As I've alluded to before, the Sri Lankan government has been warned against poking the proverbial bear by attacking the Sri Lankan Muslim community (which they've done by proxy through a group of Buddhist nationalist monks who aren't monks but rather thugs in orange robes that call themselves the Bodu Bala Sena or BBS).  So, the question now is have they pushed this group of Sri Lankan Muslims towards radicalization - which would really be a new thing for Sri Lanka - or are these guys just convenient pawns for someone else, like ISIS, or even the same faction of the government that's been supporting, encouraging and protecting the BBS, or both?

Very similar to what happened in Burma.

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Anyone else read the attack in Sri Lanka was retaliation for Christchurch? 

I believe the Sri Lankan minister of defence said that, but didn't offer any concrete evidence to back it up, or hasn't yet.  Considering that's there no logical connection between the two, I tend to think that's BS.

3 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

I believe the Sri Lankan minister of defence said that, but didn't offer any concrete evidence to back it up, or hasn't yet.  Considering that's there no logical connection between the two, I tend to think that's BS.

And convenient. 

If a lone wolf I might buy it. But this took planning. Will be interesting to see if a timeline is ever released. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

but dear leader said we defeated ISIS months ago! Or have we always been at war with eurasia?

Yeah, well he's full of shit on this one.  There will always be radical groups like ISIS if we keep constantly meddling in the ME.  The meddling, coupled with the radical ideology is a recipe for these types of things.  I just think some evil fuckers figured out a way to capitalize on this reality by way of perpetual war.  They keep rinsing and repeating the same play from the same playbook that includes the media stoking hysteria and fear toward the country's they want to invade in the name of the "war on terror" while ignoring, or paying less attention to, atrocities in countries like SA and Yemen. 

I think Trump is too much of a little bitch to call out our hypocrisy as a country in the fact that we support SA due to political/monetary reasons while they mass behead 30+ people here an there.  

22 hours ago, American Swindle said:

Care to expand and enlighten us on your position on Syria?  

Would you say the below excerpt is a conspiracy theory? 

Any truth to the above in your opinion DD?  I suppose you think we ought to police the world and fund even spinoff groups of Al Queda to overthrow boogey men like Assad?  

Syria under Assad is the meme of the sweaty, nervous guy deciding which of two red buttons to push come to life.  Assad has a good record of fighting ISIS and actually protecting Christians in Syria from persecution by Islamic extremists.  However Assad also has a good record of slipping Putin the tongue and a lousy record of protecting opponents of Assad from persecution whether those opponents are Islamic extremists or not.

2 hours ago, American Swindle said:

Yeah, well he's full of shit on this one.  There will always be radical groups like ISIS if we keep constantly meddling in the ME.  The meddling, coupled with the radical ideology is a recipe for these types of things.  I just think some evil fuckers figured out a way to capitalize on this reality by way of perpetual war.  They keep rinsing and repeating the same play from the same playbook that includes the media stoking hysteria and fear toward the country's they want to invade in the name of the "war on terror" while ignoring, or paying less attention to, atrocities in countries like SA and Yemen. 

I think Trump is too much of a little bitch to call out our hypocrisy as a country in the fact that we support SA due to political/monetary reasons while they mass behead 30+ people here an there.  

I'm just glad you figured out that radical groups will keep happening as long as we keep meddling in the Middle East.  I'm glad none of them existed prior to 2001, even with events like fall of Ottoman Empire, Sykes-Picot boundaries, or even far back to Sunni v. Shiite.  Europe knows better than to get involved in the Middle East.  Their leadership with regard to Sykes-Picot or the Israeli State...that should be our inspiration.  And Europe has been fortunate as a result....assimilation is up while crime is down.  There's a stoic example to look towards!  

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Syria under Assad is the meme of the sweaty, nervous guy deciding which of two red buttons to push come to life.  Assad has a good record of fighting ISIS and actually protecting Christians in Syria from persecution by Islamic extremists.  However Assad also has a good record of slipping Putin the tongue and a lousy record of protecting opponents of Assad from persecution whether those opponents are Islamic extremists or not.

I just think it's a little hysterical to think because Syria and Russia have an alliance that makes Syria somehow nefarious.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Russia is some extreme threat to the US. I just don't. But then again, I canceled my cable like a year ago.  I sum it up to more regime-change wars for the geo-political powers that be  and our military are the muscle men and women.  

On 4/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, Lobo said:

Good afternoon fuckface.  You had one job in the last 24 hours...to produce this meme that I posted all over the internet that clearly demonstrated I was a "Trumpkin"  And just like trying to make sure your immediate family wasn't constantly tempted to veer into oncoming traffic to escape the suffocating reality of knowing you...you failed at this to.  You say I post memes as any other Trumpkin would, so produce a link or quote or embedded whatever that shows where I did it here on this board, or anywhere on the web for that matter.  You said I did it, and you're 6 ambiens short of a full house, so produce the connection of me to Trumpkin-esque memes that show how much I love him and how faux my outrage is or get your shinebox---you absolutely unnecessary use of carbon.  

I see the problem. You can't read.  

7 hours ago, American Swindle said:

I just think it's a little hysterical to think because Syria and Russia have an alliance that makes Syria somehow nefarious.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Russia is some extreme threat to the US. I just don't. But then again, I canceled my cable like a year ago.  I sum it up to more regime-change wars for the geo-political powers that be  and our military are the muscle men and women.  

Thousands of nuclear warheads are an extreme threat.

The fact that we also have them means they are reduced to ratfucking elections.