Sri Lanka - Things Happening.

atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Honest question. Does Hillary Clinton practice any sort of religion? If she doesn't that's fine, it's her life.  I was just wondering if she's an Easter Worshiper, Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon, Hindu, etc. Or is she an agnostic or an atheist?

Honest question. What the fuck does this question have to do with Sri Lanka? And is it more or less relevant than discussing your moms sexual preferences when servicing the family dog?

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Honest question. What the fuck does this question have to do with Sri Lanka? And is it more or less relevant than discussing your moms sexual preferences when servicing the family dog?

Man....there's a LOT to break down there.....so let's get started....

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

This is the perfect every accusation is a confession thread.  The trump supporters are such fucking delicate flower snowflakes, upset by the term "Easter worshipers."  And apparently more offended that two currently retired politicians, along with Fox News, used that phrase rather than "Christians," than they are about the death of over 200 (mostly brown) people in Sri Lanka.

you mad GIF

54 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lolz, anastasia doesn't understand that his association as a trump fan stems from his reflexive and consistent defense of and deflection from the malfeasance of the trump administration

I've called out a number of domestic (e.g., child detention and family separation, surveillance state, kavanaugh should have been pulled) and foreign policy issues (e.g., arms sales, saudi support, Helsinki abortion) areas of disagreement. I said that he should be removed from office after Helsinki.  I get most of my flak because I think that his campaign was too dysfunctional and amateur hour to effectively coordinate the undermining of our democracy by Russia in a grand international conspiracy involving brokerage of rosfnet and twitter bots and the Marshall of the Supreme Court, preferring instead to point at the dysfunctional political establishment in this country as the root problem. Oh, and I laughed at a bunch of people wailing in the streets over how he poured out fish food and other various hysterical shit.  Also, I am a horrible traitor and want to grind the bones of brown children. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope indeed.

Seems that the global circle jerk is "sectarian/nationalist violence is bad.....and the only sane response is MORE SECTARIAN AND NATIONALIST FERVOR!"

Sectarianism and nationalism is the cowbell of the new millenium....how cool is that?

giphy.gif

Rising strident islamism

Rising European ethno-nationalism.

Rising white supremacy.

Rising Hindu nationalism.

And more (pick your region/ethnicity).

All at the same time.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

To be fair, if we all kill each other, then all of this bullshit will eventually stop. Will also be a great way to curb carbon emissions. 

32 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

aaaawww you ok?

I'm great, thanks for asking. Probably a lot better off than your mom's bruised and peanutbutter encrusted starfish. Still curious as to what Hillary's religion has to do with Sri Lanka?

Edited by Blotto

30 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

To be fair, if we all kill each other, then all of this bullshit will eventually stop. Will also be a great way to curb carbon emissions. 

Yea but can we get it all done before the world ends in 12 years?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm great, thanks for asking. Probably a lot better off than yours mom's bruised and peanutbutter encrusted starfish. Still curious as to what Hillary's religion has to do with Sri Lanka?

It has nothing to do with it, but she quite clearly calls out white supremacists in her our thoughts and prayers with New Zealand tweets,  but quite clearly avoids using the term Muslims or radical Muslims.

Mr. Obamas entire time in office was filled with non specific references to Muslim terrorist acts.  I know I know nit picking.....

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

you mad GIF

More like thinking the right wing complainers are hypocritical morons.  That the same people who are silent about trump's bigoted, inane twitter rants are pretending to be up in arms about "Easter worshipers" is fucking rich.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

More like thinking the right wing complainers are hypocritical morons.  That the same people who are silent about trump's bigoted, inane twitter rants are pretending to be up in arms about "Easter worshipers" is fucking rich.

Can you please focus on issue at a time ?  

Exactly what does Trump have to do with radical Muslims bombing Christian churches, and western catering hotels in Shri Lanka ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I’m not a trumpkin you fucking child.  

Gary Johnson spoke at UT in 2016 several times throughout one day.  Do you know why?   Because I invited him.  

Merely pointing out the convoluted linguistic gymnastics Obama and Clinton went through for no reason.  Also, and, I. Addition to that-trump is an idiot who tweets dumb shit several times a year.  I wish all three were out of public life.  

Go back to your cubicle and let the adults talk.  

Another Gary Johnson voter on Surly. Who would have guessed it? 

If you post a meme that Trumpkins have been posting all over the internet to express their faux outrage over the use of a term to describe people who are worshiping at Easter, you shouldn't be surprised if somebody mistakes you for a Trumpkin. 

As far as going back to my cubicle, I'm preparing to go to a Palestinian refugee camp ------ the third one I've been to ------ to work on a water project, so screw you. 

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Another Gary Johnson voter on Surly. Who would have guessed it? 

If you post a meme that Trumpkins have been posting all over the internet to express their faux outrage over the use of a term to describe people who are worshiping at Easter, you shouldn't be surprised if somebody mistakes you for a Trumpkin. 

As far as going back to my cubicle, I'm preparing to go to a Palestinian refugee camp ------ the third one I've been to ------ to work on a water project, so screw you. 

Show me where I posted a meme, any meme on this entire fucking message board.  And re-read my post, it wasn't faux outrage, it was a genuine curiosity about why someone so smart would trip over his own words (Obama).  And you should have guessed I was a Gary Johnson voter.  I'm kind of a big deal in Libertarian/anti-establishment politics.  Send me your email address.  I'll send you the announcement when I'm named to Weld's national committee.  

But honestly if you do nothing else today, show me where I posted Trumpkin-esque memes (however you say that word).  

Edited by Lobo

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope indeed.

Seems that the global circle jerk is "sectarian/nationalist violence is bad.....and the only sane response is MORE SECTARIAN AND NATIONALIST FERVOR!"

Sectarianism and nationalism is the cowbell of the new millenium....how cool is that?

giphy.gif

Rising strident islamism

Rising European ethno-nationalism.

Rising white supremacy.

Rising Hindu nationalism.

And more (pick your region/ethnicity).

All at the same time.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

What did GO WRONG:

1. Pretending that Islam does not condone and provoke the slaughtering of infidels. Islam has no central authority exacerbating the sickness pervading this religion.

2. Willful disregard by governments of the societal strain by immigrants with fundamentally different values than our own. Adding a million Arab refugees to Germany and Sweden has caused a host of problems. Think of the frustration of natives that have had their neighborhoods change overnight. 

3. Muslims throughout Asia in countries where they are in the minority agitating and becoming radicalized - Uighurs in China, Rohingya in Myanmar, Muslims in the Philippines and India, etc. 

Nationalism is a natural result and the reactions of the Chinese and Burmese are understandable considering their Muslim minorities brought it on themselves for their rebellious ways. Non-Muslims are sick and tired of the mess that is associated with these agitators.

Trump is the only person in our stinking government to understand the menace we’re facing and should be thanked in halting the flow of visitors, immigrants and refugees from Muslim countries. Let them lift a finger for once to take care of their own.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

I think you can replace your point 1 with Catholics and pedophilia and you can see difficulty in an entire religion condemning any event/issue. 

We on this forum cannot even seem to agree on what constitutes terrorism and who/what groups are terrorists. 

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What did GO WRONG:

1. Pretending that Islam does not condone and provoke the slaughtering of infidels. Islam has no central authority exacerbating the sickness pervading this religion.

2. Willful disregard by governments of the societal strain by immigrants with fundamentally different values than our own. Adding a million Arab refugees to Germany and Sweden has caused a host of problems. Think of the frustration of natives that have had their neighborhoods change overnight. 

3. Muslims throughout Asia in countries where they are in the minority agitating and becoming radicalized - Uighurs in China, Rohingya in Myanmar, Muslims in the Philippines and India, etc. 

Nationalism is a natural result and the reactions of the Chinese and Burmese are understandable considering their Muslim minorities brought it on themselves for their rebellious ways. Non-Muslims are sick and tired of the mess that is associated with these agitators.

Trump is the only person in our stinking government to understand the menace were facing and should be thanked in halting the flow of visitors, immigrants and refugees from Muslim countries. Let them lift a finger for once to take care of their own.

Right wing Christian extremists are much more of a menace to this country than Muslim extremists..

So y’all get mad about presidents fucking up when talking about Easter?

40dce2178f769db3d8ee0c7636e8fafe.jpg

And those frauds still dont care about the attacks on Americans on American soil by Turkey’s leadership, attacks on our institutions by the Russians, murder of our people by dictators. The troubles of those brown people in the country of Puerto Rico.

Uh-huh. Now they give a shit. Right.
  • Like 2

We all need to remember that when it comes to Islamic terrorism, there’s good people on both sides. 

I seem to recall President Obama giving the order to kill bin Laden. I also recall your billly badass being punked on USA soil by a muslim leader, and cozying up to saudis who murdered another US resident. You fucking fraud.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What did GO WRONG:

Trump is the only person in our stinking government to understand the menace were facing and should be thanked in halting the flow of visitors, immigrants and refugees from Muslim countries. Let them lift a finger for once to take care of their own.

giphy.gif

. . . . . is how someone makes my point better than I ever could.

It's pretty much perfect, actually.

• Like 1

The Sri Lankan government has been suppressing the names of the attackers, not because they love Muslims, but rather because they know that if folks find out it was Muslims while the impact of this is still fresh and people are still upset, there will be immediate reprisals against a whole bunch of innocent people.  That's usually how it goes in South Asia.

They are stupid. You cannot explain things to those primitive screwheads.

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I seem to recall President Obama giving the order to kill bin Laden. I also recall your billly badass being punked on USA soil by a muslim leader, and cozying up to saudis who murdered another US resident. You fucking fraud.

I recall your dear leader saying that Russia was as out as the jeans he wore.   

I recall he and dear candidate proclaiming that a YouTube video prompted the attacks on that quite convenient date in Libya.  

I recall them supporting the same person in your turkey question during an obviously fake coup, one where they were threatening the lives of thousands of American personnel on a base in their country.   

Apparently, they’re all guilty of being bitches 

The problem with Christians is their penchant for selectively ignoring the teachings of Christ. It's amazing.

You mean like when Iconoclast was fantasizing about shooting his fellow Christians because they are poor?

I recall your dear leader saying that Russia was as out as the jeans he wore.   
I recall he and dear candidate proclaiming that a YouTube video prompted the attacks on that quite convenient date in Libya.  
I recall them supporting the same person in your turkey question during an obviously fake coup, one where they were threatening the lives of thousands of American personnel on a base in their country.   
Apparently, they’re all guilty of being bitches 

You recall incorrectly. What a shock.
  • Fuck You 1

Most of those aren't using the Easter Worshipers formulation. But is a pretty peculiar and awkward formulation to use.  I could see one or two drops, but 6 or 7 similar?  I haven't gone through and checked time stamps cause that much twitter is toxic, but my hunch is that Obama's tweet was the first one and the others or their staff writers just copied his style.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I've called out a number of domestic (e.g., child detention and family separation, surveillance state, kavanaugh should have been pulled) and foreign policy issues (e.g., arms sales, saudi support, Helsinki abortion) areas of disagreement. I said that he should be removed from office after Helsinki.  I get most of my flak because I think that his campaign was too dysfunctional and amateur hour to effectively coordinate the undermining of our democracy by Russia in a grand international conspiracy involving brokerage of rosfnet and twitter bots and the Marshall of the Supreme Court, preferring instead to point at the dysfunctional political establishment in this country as the root problem. Oh, and I laughed at a bunch of people wailing in the streets over how he poured out fish food and other various hysterical shit.  Also, I am a horrible traitor and want to grind the bones of brown children. 

The partisanship has been extra salty lately.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Why do you have a problem with calling out white Christian terrorists?

Worldwide from 2013 through 2017 a total of 66 people were killed by white nationalist acts of terrorism.  In 2017 alone over 18,000 people total were killed worldwide by terrorism.  Yeah, those white Christian terrorists are the main problem in the world.  

• Like 3

Worldwide from 2013 through 2017 a total of 66 people were killed by white nationalist acts of terrorism.  In 2017 alone over 18,000 people total were killed worldwide by terrorism.  Yeah, those white Christian terrorists are the main problem in the world.  

Interesting. I hadn’t come across those numbers myself. What’s the source?