80 yro Dad wants to Smoke

Crusher

McConaughey looks old as fuck in those Lincoln commercials.  

I told one of my kids the other day, to never buy a Lincoln or a Cadillac after he pointed out some blacked out Cadillac sports car. 

I told him there'd be some old fucker driving the car when we passed.  there was.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

The great thing about legal weed in all of the other states, is that a shitton of product from CA and CO is showing up in Austin. Edibles , vape pens, shitloads of different brands of flower. I dont bother flying with it, because the supply in Austin is waaaaay better than it was 3-4 years ago. 

Oh, well that is good to know.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

One of my college roommates lives in Denver and will ship me shit.  I’ve brought back on carry on.  It isn’t a big deal.  Driving 287 is nuts.  Edibles are a felony.  Grass isn’t.  But it is so strong smelling you’re giving them P.C.  

Not if you pack it correctly.

As someone who only occasionally partakes, I have a question.  Most of the people I know who do partake frequently can have the goods delivered to their front door within 30 minutes of calling their guy.  Is the desire to import from friendly states about quality, price, or both?

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Most of the people I know who do partake frequently can have the goods delivered to their front door within 30 minutes of calling their guy.

You got his number handy?

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

As someone who only occasionally partakes, I have a question.  Most of the people I know who do partake frequently can have the goods delivered to their front door within 30 minutes of calling their guy.  Is the desire to import from friendly states about quality, price, or both?

I would say it's as much about not dealing with the black market as anything.  If you import from a legal state, you have more control about how you're moving it, and if you're smart, you can do things to stay off the radar altogether (like driving the speed limit, making sure your lights work, flying, etc).

Cops don't care about anything as much as they care about drugs.  I live in a small town.  If I was getting something from someone local, they would know.  They probably wouldn't do anything to the buyer, as they're more focused on the sellers, but I wouldn't want to be on that radar at all.  I would assume this is true in many, many other places and is a motivator.

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Some NBA player just got popped in an airport carrying weed in a fake tea bottle. 

Unless you're flying out of California where they don't give a shit probably not good to fly with it. 

Yeah, you should definitely only fly with it if you're outbound of a legal state.

Don't go into DFW with any kind of weed.  But if you're flying back from a legal state, you're probably fine.

Just now, Zepol87 said:

I did the 287 drive one time and it was the worst. I was nervous as fuck. Not worth it

Ya can't be tokin' up and gettin' all paranoid...

Actually paranoia and the thrill of maybe getting caught is something I miss a little bit about smoking weed in the old days.

57 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I did the 287 drive one time and it was the worst. I was nervous as fuck. Not worth it

Did it last year. As I approached the border, EVERYONE is going the speed limit. Trinidad is a nice little town and I was blown away by the dispensaries. I left with gummies and vapes exclusively. $100 and I was happy for a month which is 1/2 less than buying off the street. Flour is a mess and leaves a mess and reaks. What I'm really happy about is learning the diference between sativa and Indica and how it's all quantified now, instead of just sucking in whatever shows up in front of me. It's a Brave New World.

ps All this "travelling with pot" has been covered in High>>>>>

Agree. I am an indica man myself but gf like sativa. I am fine with cartridges and edibles but she still fucks with flower and used to live in Colorado so she likes to go every so often. We go through around a little more than an oz month between the 2 of us so the colorado runs are never for small quantities.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, Blotto said:

The great thing about legal weed in all of the other states, is that a shitton of product from CA and CO is showing up in Austin. Edibles , vape pens, shitloads of different brands of flower. I dont bother flying with it, because the supply in Austin is waaaaay better than it was 3-4 years ago. 

It's a crazy new world out there. Had a dude walk up to me at a tailgate last year and hand me a gummy worm. I was about to pop the whole thing in my mouth and he goes "woahhh man just a little bit at a time!" 

I didn't realize it was an edible. I just figured it was maybe soaked in vodka, or maybe he was a weird dude who like to walk around and share candy with people. 

55 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's a crazy new world out there. Had a dude walk up to me at a tailgate last year and hand me a gummy worm. I was about to pop the whole thing in my mouth and he goes "woahhh man just a little bit at a time!" 

I didn't realize it was an edible. I just figured it was maybe soaked in vodka, or maybe he was a weird dude who like to walk around and share candy with people. 

Free-Candy-Funny-Van-Poster.jpg

I was sitting at a bar watching the late sunday NFL games a while ago. This heavily tatted, multi colored hair chick is sitting next to me, and she's also a Broncos fan, so we're just shooting the shit, watching the game.

She was from Colorado, so we're talking about the weed scene there, and she lets me know she sells on the side. I buy her a couple of shots and before she leaves she slides me some vacuum sealed weed and a gummy as a sample....drumming up business, I can respect that. As an added bonus, I still have both my kidneys.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Agree. I am an indica man myself but gf like sativa. I am fine with cartridges and edibles but she still fucks with flower and used to live in Colorado so she likes to go every so often. We go through around a little more than an oz month between the 2 of us so the colorado runs are never for small quantities.

Good Lord, that's a ton. This new dispensary shit is so strong, especially the stuff from Vegas, that one to two small hits is plenty for the night. Last time I got some was in August and two disposable vapes plus 4 one gram pre rolls still haven't finished. 

we've done the Amarillo>Raton>Trinidad run many times.

middle-aged 'invisible' couple, nice late-model car, carefully observe speed limits, etc...never thought about being nervous. thanks, assholes 😜

have friends that have flown in/out Denver twice now with some packed and some in carry on (no flower)... that seems more risky to me. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm gonna need some closure on this. Did the old man get stoned yet?

Update....

My brother went by and hooked him up with a little bit but, he still did another disappearing act on us earlier this week. This time it was fishing. He is all fired up about going fishing now. He took off with all his fishing gear and he was found down at Cypress Creek trying to get his fish on. Apparently he slipped once and scraped his arm. He bruises so easy now with the blood thinners the Dr's got him on that it looked a lot worse than it was. He didn't seem to give a shit. Luckily he didn't end up in the damn creek. 

So, now we got him to promise not to go down there again and if he didn't me and my brothers would take him out fishing. So we scheduled a charter out of Walden on Lake Conroe. My brother sold his pontoon last year so no boats in the family at this time, plus we figured it would be easier to do the charter for the old man. They provide everything and promise to put you right on the fish. All we have to do is get him on the boat. 

So me, Pops, my two brothers and a friend of ours who happens to "be a man who knows how to get things".. wink..wink..nudge..nudge... are heading out this weekend to do some fishing. So we can kill two birds with one stone hopefully.  Catch some fish and re-stock his stash. But, before he gets get that, I think we are gonna have to have a negotiation about his truck keys.

He can't keep taking off on his own. My step mom takes art classes, shops, gets her hair and nails done during the week and he ain't interested in shit like that. So he stays home and I know he gets bored. He doesn't want to spend the rest of the time he has left riding a recliner all day and I understand. I need to spend more time with him.

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

we've done the Amarillo>Raton>Trinidad run many times.

middle-aged 'invisible' couple, nice late-model car, carefully observe speed limits, etc...never thought about being nervous. thanks, assholes 😜

have friends that have flown in/out Denver twice now with some packed and some in carry on (no flower)... that seems more risky to me. 

I'm assuming invisible in quotes means white. 

actually, my husband is black, but he's substantially older than me, graying, etc... think Danny Glover 😁...i really meant more of a nondescript kind of invisible. middle-aged white women by definition are generally invisible. we can get away with a lot bc nobody pays us much attention 😎

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Good Lord, that's a ton. This new dispensary shit is so strong, especially the stuff from Vegas, that one to two small hits is plenty for the night. Last time I got some was in August and two disposable vapes plus 4 one gram pre rolls still haven't finished. 

I wish I had your tolerance

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:12 PM, Crusher said:

Update....

My brother went by and hooked him up with a little bit but, he still did another disappearing act on us earlier this week. This time it was fishing. He is all fired up about going fishing now. He took off with all his fishing gear and he was found down at Cypress Creek trying to get his fish on. Apparently he slipped once and scraped his arm. He bruises so easy now with the blood thinners the Dr's got him on that it looked a lot worse than it was. He didn't seem to give a shit. Luckily he didn't end up in the damn creek. 

So, now we got him to promise not to go down there again and if he didn't me and my brothers would take him out fishing. So we scheduled a charter out of Walden on Lake Conroe. My brother sold his pontoon last year so no boats in the family at this time, plus we figured it would be easier to do the charter for the old man. They provide everything and promise to put you right on the fish. All we have to do is get him on the boat. 

So me, Pops, my two brothers and a friend of ours who happens to "be a man who knows how to get things".. wink..wink..nudge..nudge... are heading out this weekend to do some fishing. So we can kill two birds with one stone hopefully.  Catch some fish and re-stock his stash. But, before he gets get that, I think we are gonna have to have a negotiation about his truck keys.

He can't keep taking off on his own. My step mom takes art classes, shops, gets her hair and nails done during the week and he ain't interested in shit like that. So he stays home and I know he gets bored. He doesn't want to spend the rest of the time he has left riding a recliner all day and I understand. I need to spend more time with him.

That's cool and all, but I'll pm you and see if he wants to come hang out with me and my neighbors.  

grandma-health-benefits-smoking-weed_ori

Edited by SaucyJack

I've never been to a dispensary, for those that occasionally drop in from out of state, how much do you usually buy and how much do you spend?

If someone is going to go through the trouble of buying out of state it should be like a restocking trip to the liquor store.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

I've never been to a dispensary, for those that occasionally drop in from out of state, how much do you usually buy and how much do you spend?

If someone is going to go through the trouble of buying out of state it should be like a restocking trip to the liquor store.

Colorado is limit 1 oz per daily visit for non res. 

Always under spend my budget, good deals can be found. Generally after a friendly chat with the tender, better options than what you first see can be had...

• Like 1

also... they don't track that 1oz from dispensary to dispensary. or even the same one... they've told us before 'eh, come back in about an hour', or you just go next door. there's no database where they are tracking each purchase per person, at least not in CO.

headed to Tahoe in August so interested to see how another state handles it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F250 said:

A “friend” went to CO last summer and spent about  $300 which was about 8-9 months worth of supply.   A few tips and observations for a first timer:

— have a rough game plan of what you want, but be flexible.  Sone would say that websites of dispensaries are not updated religiously              — listen to your “budtender”; he or she can be incredibly helpful.  Tipping is appreciated, and My friend thinks budtenders like Texans as customers as we are likely to buy much more at one time than residents.                                                                     — take your time, use the eye and smell test on the bud.  Know the difference between Indica and Sativa (hybrid options exist) and the budtender will take it from there.  Go over your options on vapes, edibles, pre-rolls, etc.                    — some dispensaries have their bud air purged and replaced with nitrogen, which is said to prolong the shelf life of bud.  The packaging is usually less smelly as well.                                          — don’t use your cell phone or take pictures in the dispensary,  that’s frowned on.                             — repackage your stash upon return if needed.  Vacuum sealing is best, ziplock freezer baggies if no sealer.  Store in a cool, dry, dark place.

or so I’ve heard...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matuka said:

A “friend” went to CO last summer and spent about  $300 which was about 8-9 months worth of supply.   A few tips and observations for a first timer:

— have a rough game plan of what you want, but be flexible.  Sone would say that websites of dispensaries are not updated religiously              — listen to your “budtender”; he or she can be incredibly helpful.  Tipping is appreciated, and My friend thinks budtenders like Texans as customers as we are likely to buy much more at one time than residents.                                                                     — take your time, use the eye and smell test on the bud.  Know the difference between Indica and Sativa (hybrid options exist) and the budtender will take it from there.  Go over your options on vapes, edibles, pre-rolls, etc.                    — some dispensaries have their bud air purged and replaced with nitrogen, which is said to prolong the shelf life of bud.  The packaging is usually less smelly as well.                                          — don’t use your cell phone or take pictures in the dispensary,  that’s frowned on.                             — repackage your stash upon return if needed.  Vacuum sealing is best, ziplock freezer baggies if no sealer.  Store in a cool, dry, dark place.

or so I’ve heard...

Funny, my friends say almost the same thing. They also say give them a sativa all day.  They like their buzzes peppy.

3 hours ago, Matuka said:

listen to your “budtender”; he or she can be incredibly helpful.  

I'd say this is bad advice. Just like waiters/workers at liquor stores the management instructs workers to push the stuff that is either old/about to go bad or doesn't sell well. 

Just know if you want sativa or indica dominant hybrids and when you get there look up the stuff they have on your phone and see what you want. 

Edited by Junior Miller

On 5/3/2019 at 11:14 AM, TornACL said:

one gummy worm?  was it laced with acid and DMT?  I can eat two full packs of gummies and feel pretty good.  I guess I have a high tolerance.  zepol and his lady smoking an oz a month seems pretty baseline.  lots of low-tolerance pussies out there.  I’m hardcore as fuck, fight me. 

Just now, futureman said:

one gummy worm?  was it laced with acid and DMT?  I can eat two full packs of gummies and feel pretty good.  I guess I have a high tolerance.  zepol and his lady smoking an oz a month seems pretty baseline.  lots of low-tolerance pussies out there.  I’m hardcore as fuck, fight me. 

If you haven't done edibles they affect you differently and harder than weed. It's a different buzz, it's more like being drunk the way it kind of creeps up on you.  

I've got a half oz left over from an oz I got back in December. It's potent stuff, and only takes a hit or two for a good ride. Good weed will last you a Long time.

21 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I'd say this is bad advice. Just like waiters/workers at liquor stores the management instructs workers to push the stuff that is either old/about to go bad or doesn't sell well. 

Just know if you want sativa or indica dominant hybrids and when you get there look up the stuff they have on your phone and see what you want. 

I have been burned only once,  by a budtender in Vegas.  Friend I was with wanted to go visit the pawn shop in the reality show by downtown. After the visit, we decided to walk about a half mile to the closest dispensary.    Extremely sketchy part of town, like security guards in gas station/convenience stores sketchy.  Sold me some old shit that wouldn't normally passed the smell test.  Another tip, look at the dated the product was packed.  Next trip to Vegas, I ubered to a recommendation from a guy I know; much better experience.  

Trust, but verify.

53 minutes ago, futureman said:

Shit I have no idea. I ended up eating the whole thing and didn't feel any different. But the eleventy million beers may have had a say in the matter.