80 yro Dad wants to Smoke

Crusher

My father is getting on in years. I personally think he may be loosing it a bit.

Anyways...Dad took off this afternoon without telling anyone where he was going. He still has a Drivers License and a 1990 Dodge Cummings Turbo Diesel Truck and he can "do what ever the hell he wants to"  just ask him...  Then he just disappeared into the ether.... for about 6 hours.... 

Found him.. 

Me: "Dad where the hell have you been?"

Dad: "I decided to take off and find some pot." 

Me: "What"!!!???"

Dad: "I know you smoked"

Me: "yeah ..like twenty years ago and I thought that hid it?" 

Dad: "OK... can your brothers score?"

Me: " WTF is going on?"

Dad: " My Hip ..Damn hip replacement never worked. Pot has helps with the pain."

So, anyone have a good connect?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Drive to Colorado. I have a number of dealers I can recommend there.

Less risk flying. Get gummies or other edibles that are low volume. Don’t check it in your bag, pay for Pre Check so you go through the metal detector and can keep gummies on you. Just to be extra safe, fly back late when there’s just the minimal security working at ABIA just in case but from my experience of 500+ flights in the past 10 years, you never even walk by security on the way out anyway.

9 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Less risk flying?

When I drive, I don’t go through any scanners or bag check....or the possibility of a random search.

Tell him your dealer Scooter. You’re obviously smoking something good.

If you get caught with it in the airport, they just toss it. If sheriffs deputy Buster McGee pulls you over just for driving south through Dallam county and searches you, he gets a hard on and you’re going to jail. I’ll keep taking my chances at the airport. Fuck bored county cops in the panhandle.

Less risk flying?
When I drive, I don’t go through any scanners or bag check....or the possibility of a random search.
Tell him your dealer Scooter. You’re obviously smoking something good.

Traffic stops coming from Colorado are really high risk.

I don’t smoke but all my neighbors do. Sucks working for a company that does random drug testing otherwise I would partake. One neighbor goes to Denver once a month for work and that’s her method.

Just now, DaggerHorns said:

Yeah, I have friends that fly. 

I get what you’re saying. I do think it’s a good method. 

I just think if you drive the speed limit, no one ever touches you.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit !!  Hell that's almost an invite to get pulled. Why he driving the speed limit ?  Must be hiding somethin' !!  I see a broken tail light....

29 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Wouldn't the dark web be better than flying or driving?

This is the right answer. I’ve discovered (see bitcoin thread) you can buy almost anything with bitcoin and it’s delivered right to your door. 

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ain't nobody got time for that shit !!  Hell that's almost an invite to get pulled. Why he driving the speed limit ?  Must be hiding somethin' !!  I see a broken tail light....

...but my lights are fully functional and my inspection and registration is valid.

Please respect my preference for transportation of illegal drugs across state lines.

Given the amount of reward points I currently have, further discussion may eventually sway me toward flying.

Furthermore, no swine will be able search my vehicle no matter what.

I happened upon a CBD dispensary in I believe Garland. I was really surprised by the foot traffic and the amount of advertising of ailments.

I was under the impression that you had to be a child with epilepsy. Even if this place was pushing the legal envelope, it's coming. In the name of Veterans will be next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

My dad is gonna be 75 this year and has smoked pretty much daily for 50 years now. He was getting high (and tripping his balls off) at 13th Floor Elevators shows in Austin and Houston back when they were inventing psychedelic music. Hell, they practically invented the word "psychedelic." 

Love yer dad....  He made it thru the dreaded Reefer madness without killing anyone....

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

My dad is gonna be 75 this year and has smoked pretty much daily for 50 years now. He was getting high (and tripping his balls off) at 13th Floor Elevators shows in Austin and Houston back when they were inventing psychedelic music. Hell, they practically invented the word "psychedelic." 

Heh, that just meant more beer & bourbon for me.

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Traffic stops coming from Colorado are really high risk.

Which is why, if he buys a shitload of weed, he make sure and have a bunch of hunting and fishing gear with the weed.  Like several rifles, lots of ammo, a tent, lots of camo, etc.

He can claim he was going hunting in Colorado, plus he's old, so they might see the hunting gear and wave him off.  The key is to have several rifles and other hunting gear with the weed, so that they don't look past the hunting gear.  He's gotta be a plain old boring old guy going hunting.

59 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

?

That girl got busted driving it. I was asking about shipping it. 

It's not just "that girl". If you look they have dozens of busts in the last 12 months. They have a hardon for weed and Wise is a major crossroads for it. Thought I bolded the driving part in the quote to point it out. If you have a U-Haul, RV or out of state tags heading south, you're getting stopped and searched in WC.

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Medical is legal in Oklahoma. Drive up, get a license, load up and drive home. 

But you have to be a resident of Oklahoma to do that.  1 hour north of where I live there are dispensaries in Durant.  Just can’t buy it there.  Any ideas?

17 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

If you want to go to federal prison for shipping drugs using the US Postal Service, go right ahead.

Flying is the fastest and virtually risk free.

I think if you get busted at an airport, especially in a non legal state where you just landed with goods from a legal state, it's a federal crime too, no?

I get TSA hardly gives a shit these days but holy fuck. The balls on some of you. 

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I think if you get busted at an airport, especially in a non legal state where you just landed with goods from a legal state, it's a federal crime too, no?

I get TSA hardly gives a shit these days but holy fuck. The balls on some of you. 

FEDEX is your Huckleberry.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

He talking about an amount small enough to be in your pockets as Pre just goes through a metal detector and not the full body scanner.

Fuck this backwards ass state. When Oklahoma is more progressive than you, something is wrong.

Anyways, it does seem like all the Texas counties you need to traverse on the way back home are waiting to pounce.

"Despite countless warnings on websites by Texas criminal defense lawyers about the danger of hauling back innocent-looking gummy bears, cookies or chocolates, countless Texans are loading up on marijuana extracts in Colorado, where they’re legal, and heading cross country into Texas and the waiting arms of law enforcement. As one defense lawyer put it, imagine U.S. 287 as an Alaskan salmon stream in a nature documentary. Now picture a bear slapping leaping salmon out of that stream."

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/on-texas-marijuana-trail-edibles-come-with-a-high-price-11282252

On 4/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, Crusher said:

My father is getting on in years. I personally think he may be loosing it a bit.

Anyways...Dad took off this afternoon without telling anyone where he was going. He still has a Drivers License and a 1990 Dodge Cummings Turbo Diesel Truck and he can "do what ever the hell he wants to"  just ask him...  Then he just disappeared into the ether.... for about 6 hours.... 

Found him.. 

Me: "Dad where the hell have you been?"

Dad: "I decided to take off and find some pot." 

Dad: "I know you smoked"

Me: "yeah ..like twenty years ago and I thought that hid it?" 

Dad: "OK... can your brothers score?"

Me: " WTF is going on?"

Dad: " My Hip ..Damn hip replacement never worked. Pot has helps with the pain."

So, anyone have a good connect?

I can get him a quap of gorilla glue if he’s really interested.  and you’re in austin.