2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

If Tucker, Ariza, and Gordon can average over 40 PG, the Rockets will win this series, when they score 68 the Rockets will blow the Warriors out. 3's need to come off of good ball movement and player action, otherwise everything should be in the paint, other than Paul doing his thing.

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

god please go and win one at oracle. 

It's possible. Difficult, but not impossible. Split in Oracle and it'll be a brand new, best of 3 series with home court. Less ISO, better passing and off ball movement on offense, and a better commitment to defense paid dividends. Also, when the Rockets went small in the 2nd quarter - they pulled away. This is the PJ Tucker series for the Rockets. The Rockets need that man to go off and they'll keep winning.

Lol, all the GS fans at the sports bar were shocked. They totally bought into the narrative that the series was already over.

With that said, hopefully the Rockets play as hard and efficiently as they did tonight in Oakland.

Steph is definitely not 100%. Whether it is the knee or being overworked on defense, he is not the same.  KD can get his 30+ pts in his sleep but Curry is the real engine of the Warriors offense.  As I said before, if he is not on his game for whatever reason then the Rockets have a real chance. 

Also, it was a relieved to see the defense covering Klay today. Dont let him shoot and make him put the ball on the floor.  If that means Swaggy P is open then so be it. He is a good 3pt shooter though but if you gotta choose then better him than Klay/KD/ Curry

Fuck yeah. That was exactly what I wanted to see - the supporting guys coming up big in the biggest home game of the season. 

31-10 road record this season, which was almost as good as their home record.  3-1 in the playoffs.  Gonna be tough to win in Oakland, but this is a damn good road team.

Mbah a Moute's shitty play has been really disappointing.  I don't know if he's still hurt or if it's just mental, but the Rockets really need him to be the 7th player in the rotation. Love Green's enthusiasm, but he is a weak link defensively.

Ideally we'd have effective Luc playing 20-30 minutes a game so we could sneak in a little more rest for the starters. Hopefully he can reset/recharge with a full 3 days off before Sunday's Game 3. 

Defend, transition, move ball, attack Curry, score.

Limit turnovers.

Create turnovers.

GSW is going to defend the arc. Keep moving.

Do not let Steph or Klay get hot. Ever. Steph Curry does not have confidence right now. Don't let him get any.  Keep pushing his shit in when he's the defender... and switch when GSW throws 9 screens to get him open, because they're going to.  They can't beat the good Rockets with him not scoring AND him giving up points. (They can beat the not good Rockets, though.)

Keep CP3 healthy. Get PJ Tucker open shots. Get Houston Green open shots in his 8 minutes or whatever. Get Eric Gordon the ball and let him attack. Remind Ariza that he has the ability to be the #2 or #3 scoring option from time to time...  Clint - defend and rebound, your offense is going to be limited this series, but KEEP MOVING.

KEEP MOVING...  this is usually the answer in all team sports. There is a reason to be athletic, and it's not to stand and look athletic... Keep moving on offense. Keep moving and be disruptive, without reaching, on defense.  Championship level effort is going to be the difference in this series (and the next).  Execution will come from effort.

4 days. dammit.

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Mbah a Moute's shitty play has been really disappointing.  I don't know if he's still hurt or if it's just mental, but the Rockets really need him to be the 7th player in the rotation. Love Green's enthusiasm, but he is a weak link defensively.

Ideally we'd have effective Luc playing 20-30 minutes a game so we could sneak in a little more rest for the starters. Hopefully he can reset/recharge with a full 3 days off before Sunday's Game 3. 

He's not 100%. He came back from this shoulder separation like 2 weeks earlier than he did the 1st time for the playoffs. It's doubtful we see the regular season version of Luc for any of the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Defend, transition, move ball, attack Curry, score... Championship level effort is going to be the difference in this series (and the next).  Execution will come from effort.4 days. dammit.

I want to believeeeeeeeee!

He's not 100%. He came back from this shoulder separation like 2 weeks earlier than he did the 1st time for the playoffs. It's doubtful we see the regular season version of Luc for any of the playoffs.
Do you need to be 100% to hit a layup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Do you need to be 100% to hit a layup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think he's scared to get injured. I've never dislocated my shoulder, much less twice within six months, much less for a second time after it being surgically repaired the first time. I will gladly give him a pass.

11 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Fuck yeah. That was exactly what I wanted to see - the supporting guys coming up big in the biggest home game of the season. 

31-10 road record this season, which was almost as good as their home record.  3-1 in the playoffs.  Gonna be tough to win in Oakland, but this is a damn good road team.

Plus, Golden State's home run with KD is deceiving. The teams they played were a combined 126-120 on the road. When you take into account Leonard's ankle injury in game 1(a game the Spurs were thoroughly dominating), then that record plummets to 96-109. As long as Paul is healthy this is the 1st team the Warriors have played during that stretch is legitimately in the same area code as them.

• Like 1