UT Players in NFL and Their Character

mininghorn88

With the recent retirement of Charles and Johnson from the NFL most on here have extolled the virtues of these men and the high character that they exhibit. Couple that with Poona and others that are also mentioned from time to time as high character guys.

Have there been any UT guys that have turned into total douches once they hit the NFL?  It seems that most Texas guys have been class acts of which I am proud of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Douche as in kind of a jerk or douche as in troubles with law and danger to society?

This is an important question. And even then, it's a little murky. Cedric Benson has not exactly been a boy scout (though, of course, he wasn't one when he was actually still at UT, either), but on the other hand, he's not Tyreek Hill, either.

In general, though, they've been high character. But those kinds of generalizations are always dicey.

11 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Douche as in kind of a jerk or douche as in troubles with law and danger to society?

The former. He's sort of a dick and does some dumb things on the field that are mostly ego-driven, but as gsoda above said, he's been on the right side of the law so I don't really care. 

Edited by BradInATX

For the record, I’ve never met any of the players and was just answering the post based on ced’s tv/boating while drunk troubles. Funny thing, I actually thought it wasn’t that bad when he went for his tv. 

And if dwi stuff is the worst UT gets associated with, that’s not too bad. Not excusing it, just saying that’s probably better than an avg sampling of a random group of people. 

Wait, didn’t a former DL just get accused of domestic violence like last week? 

31 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If we can include players who visited and went elsewhere or actually signed on but left, I'd go for the most recent #1 draft choice...

The dude visited UT then attended aggy and ou.  Blaming us for what he became is like blaming a church that a Compton kid went to one time for turning him into a gangster instead of the Crips that he ran with for four years after he visited that church.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Douche is what is used to wash out pussy.  We don’t like no stanky pussies so douche is a positive?

Edited by Domedriver
  • Like 1

This still cracks me up..... Sept 30, 1986

University of Texas Running Back Edwin Simmons....

University of Texas running back Edwin Simmons was suspended indefinitely from the football team after his arrest on Saturday while standing nude in an Austin, Tex., resident's back yard.

Austin police, responding to two prowler calls Saturday, said they arrested Simmons, 21, when they found him without clothes on at 4:40 a.m. outside a house.

A police report filed by officer Guillermo Cano said Simmons was arrested on suspicion of burglary after a window screen was found pulled off the house. He was released eight hours later without being charged.
Edited by LTtxfan