2019 US Open @ Pebble Beach

Wally Fairway

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

Thru 15 holes for Spieth....

7birdies, 4 bogeys, and 4 pars ..😆

Oh it's been entertaining to watch for sure. 

It's like he can't decide whether to contend or not. 

-3 will look pretty good going into the weekend assuming someone doesn't go crazy low this afternoon. 

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Will course be easier or more difficult for the afternoon folks??

Same I think.  Wind's not picking up at all.  Not gonna get any warmer than it is right now.  Actually, not gonna get any colder either until maybe very late in the round.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Crazy inconsistent and still the second lowest to par for the day so far (Furyk is one stroke better).

He's going to be frustrated though - 3 under through 4, 3 under through 17. 

Also Webb Simpson is at 3 under but anything below 2 has been rare today. 

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So Jordan is -1 after two rounds and Tiger is Even

Wonder what the leader's score will be after today??   Maybe -8

Lowest round on the day is -4. If someone in 2nd matches that it will sit at -9. Rose went 1 under after leading after one round. So who knows. 

I think Rory has a low card in him but he's just at -3. Doesn't seem like the course is giving them much to work with today so really I wouldn't be surprised if Rose leads going into tomorrow morning. 

ztejas:  Just curious.... why are you hating on a Longhorn golfer so much??

There appears to be a lot of Jordan hate on here these days. I don’t remember that a few years ago.

He isn’t winning tourneys right now so that apparently makes him a bitch, mental midget, head case, sorry, etc...

24 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

There appears to be a lot of Jordan hate on here these days. I don’t remember that a few years ago.

He isn’t winning tourneys right now so that apparently makes him a bitch, mental midget, head case, sorry, etc...

I don't have Jordan hate, but if you don't recognize how different his attitude is between when he's winning and when he's not then I don't know what to tell you. 

I dig him. He's fun to watch. That 2 year stretch he had was one of the best ever. 

He was a little bitch yesterday.  He gets the George Michael bluth walk going and it is self fulfilling. Fuck, greller told him to hit less club on 8!

Everyone is in a worse mood when they aren't winning. But the gap in his attitude is pretty extreme and doesn't come across well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

I think a lot of it is more tongue in cheek than it might come across as. I'm definitely not hating on the guy, golf is more fun when he has his game together. 

He's in the middle of a really, really rough stretch for someone of his caliber and when he does shit like start blaming his caddy it gets really tiresome. 

I actually like Spieth more than I used to now that he's faced some adversity - I'd love to see him battle back from it. He's just never come across as super genuine to me. 

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

“He’s getting ready to let out the shaft.”

Chill, Zinger...I got my kiddos in the room. 

I would be horrified if you're letting your kids listen to any of this coverage. Just mute it and put on a Wu-Tang record for a more wholesome experience. 

Earlier, when talking about #8, they mention that Jack had called it "the best par 4 in the world". 

Commentator A goes to commentator B: "So in you're experience, what would #2 be on that list?"

Commentator B probably wanted to say something along the lines of "What kind of monkey shit stupid question is that?"

(it was Justin Kutcher to Mark Brooks)

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, pops said:

I don't have Jordan hate, but if you don't recognize how different his attitude is between when he's winning and when he's not then I don't know what to tell you.   I dig him. He's fun to watch. That 2 year stretch he had was one of the best ever.  He was a little bitch yesterday.  He gets the George Michael bluth walk going and it is self fulfilling. Fuck, greller told him to hit less club on 8!  Everyone is in a worse mood when they aren't winning. But the gap in his attitude is pretty extreme and doesn't come across well. 

Watching golf would suck without the ups and downs of players like Jordan, Phil, Rory and Tiger.  All four of these guys can at times be primadonna's.  Hell even John Daly, Patrick Reed and Sergio's blow-ups are welcomed diversions to a slow etiquette filled game played often by wealthy folks at scenic Country Clubs.