2019 US Open @ Pebble Beach

Wally Fairway

It’s like some of you have never watched a major. They always fill the early part of the day with features before the leaders get on the course. The Masters is an exception because it’s not televised 10 hours a day. You’ll see plenty of golf when the contenders tee off.

It’s like some of you have never watched a major. They always fill the early part of the day with features before the leaders get on the course. The Masters is an exception because it’s not televised 10 hours a day. You’ll see plenty of golf when the contenders tee off.
Just shut up, I'm tired of these interviews, these commercials, Jordan bitching at his caddie, wtf is that guy wearing! Wtf! Oh now our Canadian Open champ wants to lay down?!? The guy fucking sucks, send him back to Ireland.

8 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They should them old school paddles and let them give out swats to those fuckers screaming after golf shots.

ben affleck bully GIF

You forgot the part where they drive nails into the paddles before they swat the numbnuts in the gallery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, housious said:

I don’t get how Koepka can suck every week of the year outside of a few. When he turns into prime Tiger in at two of the majors.

Brooks excels in this set up.  tight fairways, thick rough, fast greens.  he plays the U.S. Open/PGA setup like a boss.  but he's got to do it at Augusta and the British Open and on tour courses to be the all around best golfer in the world.  I'm not saying he can't, but it seems like he only concentrates when courses are set up like this as opposed to regular tour stops where the rough isn't a factor and the greens are slower.

I think it's actually the opposite. More of the field psyches themselves out of contention the tougher the course is set up.  During a regular tournament everyone thinks they can win.  During the majors you only have a handful who think they can win.  Those are the ones you have to beat.  Easier to beat 30 people than a hundred people.

36 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I think it's actually the opposite. More of the field psyches themselves out of contention the tougher the course is set up.  During a regular tournament everyone thinks they can win.  During the majors you only have a handful who think they can win.  Those are the ones you have to beat.  Easier to beat 30 people than a hundred people.

straight from the Jack Nicklaus playbook, except I think he said there was about 10 players he worried about but always Trevino because no matter what he was going to drive the ball down the middle of the fairway.