EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

if i'm reading a correct wiki, spurs have 1 prem win at The Emirates in '10, and 1 prem win at Highbury in '93.

the same wiki does not have a clean table for FA or League cup fixtures (semis/finals).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_London_derby

suffice to say a spurs win at arsenal is a historic occasion as in it very rarely happens.

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if i'm reading a correct wiki, spurs have 1 prem win at The Emirates in '10, and 1 prem win at Highbury in '93.

the same wiki does not have a clean table for FA or League cup fixtures (semis/finals).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_London_derby

suffice to say a spurs win at arsenal is a historic occasion as in it very rarely happens.

You would get to add last year's league cup and that would be it.

Agreed.

Edited by Captain Ron

24 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
41 minutes ago, mdmost said:
I mean really, who didn't have Leicester and Crystal Palace behind Liverpool and City in their preseason top 4?

Hard to say as there was only one post in the prediction thread....

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Arsenal will finish between 4th and 6th

On 9/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, mdmost said:

I mean really, who didn't have Leicester and Crystal Palace behind Liverpool and City in their preseason top 4?

Leicester is here to stay.  Should definitely finish top 6.  And they've got a legit shot at Champions League.  That's a good squad.

I'd be pleased as punch if CP finished in the top half.

Edited by Jive Turkey

57 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Leicester is here to stay.  Should definitely finish top 6.  And they've got a legit shot at Champions League.  That's a good squad.

I'd be pleased as punch of CP finished in the top half.

It fascinates me that Vardy went from being in the 3rd tier English Football to one of the most prolific strikers in the PL.

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

I'd be pleased as punch if CP finished in the top half.

Unlike Southampton, Leicester have done a good job of managing the players desired by the Big 6 year by year and replacing them with really good new players

2016/2017 - Kante $40.81m

2017/2018 - Drinkwater $43.21m

2018/2019 - Mahrez $77.29m

2019/2020 - Maguire $99.18m

Of course, their owner has also been able to absorb them buying more than they sell to the tune of $116 million over the past 4 years.

I had posted on the Southampton thread, an update on Saints being able to ship out ALL our "undesireables" out on loan.

Here is a pretty interesting comprehensive team by team analysis of the deadwood still collecting a checks but not playing. 

Frozen out and stuck: The 53 players not even on bench

https://www.football365.com/news/frozen-out-and-stuck-the-53-players-not-even-on-bench

• Like 1

That's good stuff, Yoladu. Hard to believe ManU paid  £52m for Fred only to throw him in the bin.
I feel like Lovren for Liverpool will get playing time this season now that the transfer window is closed. 
Lovren and shaqiri should be in the squad for lower tier epl games and minor cups for sure to rest guys

Possibly even CL league if thats sorted before last 2 games

13 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Ivan Gazidis leaves Arsenal and in one year were a completely different club. Summer signings early and often, and nearly all of our deadwood our the door. Such a strange feeling as an Arsenal fan. 

It's encouraging, but it needs to translate to results, or the minimal optimism that it has generated will quickly evaporate. 

https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/first-team/club-statement-javi-gracia

First Team 41 minutes ago

Club Statement: Javi Gracia

Watford Football Club confirms the departure of Head Coach Javi Gracia.

Chairman & CEO Scott Duxbury said: “Javi has represented Watford with great dignity and will always be deserving of our fullest respect for his achievements.”

Javi Gracia’s staff will also be leaving the club, ahead of the imminent appointment of a new coaching team.

Everyone at the Hornets wishes Javi and his staff all the very best for the future, and they will always be welcome visitors in the future at Vicarage Road.

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Chairman & CEO Scott Duxbury said: “Javi has represented Watford with great dignity and will always be deserving of our fullest respect for his achievements.”

Javi Gracia’s staff will also be leaving the club, ahead of the imminent appointment of a new coaching team.

Everyone at the Hornets wishes Javi and his staff all the very best for the future, and they will always be welcome visitors in the future at Vicarage Road.

They hired Quique Sanchez Flores.

On 9/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, MillerEP said:

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Britain’s richest man looked into buying Newcastle but felt that Mike Ashley was asking too much for the club.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/harrydecosemo/2019/09/09/mike-ashleys-valuation-of-newcastle-united-halted-takeover-by-britains-richest-man/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Ashley is never gonna give them up but is always gonna let them down.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Ashley is never gonna give them up but is always gonna let them down.

I’d probably respect him more if in the pregame before the next home match the big screen had “Newcastle fans, please watch for an important message from the owner” and then Rick rolled them. I’d die.

• Like 1