2019 Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

I don’t disagree but you should save that for when UNC wins this game

Uh.....unc ain't gonna win this game....they have screwed the pooch big time.  They will wake with a serious hangover in the morning.  How does a team not have a 3rd starter that can pitch?  Gzzz.  Now, we're gonna have to listen to aggy braggin' about the secsec baseball dominance.

Insane... just turned it on. And auburns offense isn't that great truly. UNC is just walking dead. . Well that will be our opening round CWS opponent. Butch Thompson is a hell of a HC and was a big part of turning MSU around with John Cohen after Polk II. Then you have Steve Smith formely of Baylor..and used to be an Asst coach at MSU. 

51 minutes ago, WBT said:

What a shitshow.  UNC starting pitcher didn't show up - walked 4 straight and got pulled. 

I'm pretty gotdam amazed over the past few weeks how many of these top programs have guys who can't/won't throw strikes.  That dude today walked the bases loaded, then started off the next guy with a first-pitch curve in the dirt.  Then he threw another curve low.  I seriously think it's both lack of talent and poor coaching.  The reliever did the same thing.  These guys don't seem to understand that once you're behind 2-0, you're basically fucked.  Yet in that Tech game and the Michigan-Creighton game last weekend and this one, you had guys throwing breaking stuff on the first pitch of the AB with the bases loaded.  

If you watched the carnage in the 1st, was the umpire making bad calls on the pitches? ESPN tracker shows many of the balls for those first four batters were in the strike zone. 

Unless I don't know what the hell im looking at, which is also entirely possible. 

5 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

If you watched the carnage in the 1st, was the umpire making bad calls on the pitches?

I didn't think so.  The pitchers weren't throwing it over the backstop or hitting the mascot, they were just nibbling like hell and barely missing.  

4 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

If you watched the carnage in the 1st, was the umpire making bad calls on the pitches? ESPN tracker shows many of the balls for those first four batters were in the strike zone. 

Unless I don't know what the hell im looking at, which is also entirely possible. 

For crissakes, dude, don’t waste our favorite excuse on a couple of meaningless teams. We’ll need it next time Texas loses a game. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I smell a comeback!

Either that, or my dog just farted...

Well, sorry...but your dog farted....poor unc has known from the first inning forward that they were not gonna be "dog-piling" and not going to the cws....a slow man's baseball death blow.

Big stage for Wicklander, freshman,  Ark lefty,  from San Jose, Ca.    He has been their #3 guy.

we're countin' on you gif/

His first three pitches were in the dirt, but he quickly fell into form. His curve is disgusting to a left handed batter.

That said, fuck him, he plays for Arky.

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Gonna be a good matchup...

Have there been any more adjustments to the newer stadium in Omaha??  Just remember lack of HRs in Omaha has given the teams with stronger pitching a much better chance of winning Championships...

Good thing they changed the baseball to help with HRs...

Most home runs hit in CWS since the event moved to TD Ameritrade Park

AP    Updated  CDT June 22, 2017

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Louisville's Logan Taylor hit the College World Series' 16th home run, the most since the event moved to TD Ameritrade Park in 2011.  Taylor's homer against TCU on Thursday night came in the 10th game of the CWS. The previous high at the stadium was 15 homers in 16 games in 2015. Last year, there were 10 in 17 games.

College baseball coaches and fans bemoaned the scarcity of homers at the expansive stadium after a total of six were hit in 30 combined CWS games in 2013 and '14.  The numbers throughout college baseball increased in 2015 when the NCAA put a flat-seam ball into play to counter severe drops in offense since bat specifications changed in 2011. The new ball replaced the more wind-resistant raised-seam ball.

I'm not aware of any Omaha adjustments.  Others might know better though.

Ole Miss leading Ark very early 1-0.  If they should win, TT's side of the bracket would be Michigan, FSU and Ole Miss.  Difficult of course,  but manageable as CWS brackets go.

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Gonna be a good matchup...

Have there been any more adjustments to the newer stadium in Omaha??  Just remember lack of HRs in Omaha has given the teams with stronger pitching a much better chance of winning Championships...

The only adjustment to the stadium that would matter is rotating the stadium.  They built it facing south for the view of downtown, but the wind usually blasts 20-30 mph from the south in the summer, which makes it impossible to hit it out of, even if you're roided-up 1998 LSU.  When the wind blows from the north, it's a much more neutral stadium.  

3 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Good recovery, asshole.

That last inning is on the OM pitcher. Hit your spots, or call for help. Jesus.

Keep drinking.. faster. it will help lessen the pain little brother. 

Who's this inning on? well lets see if Bianco can stop the fire. Crowds alive.. 

Edited by msudawg