2019 Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Here’s what I sent my dad when he asked me if I was okay after the game;

Fuck them. They sat there and fucking watched strikes the entire game. Our pitchers teed everything under the sun up for the Arky batters to hit, and they fucking hit. Rebs had no ‘fuck you’ attitude, just like always. Fucking fuck these heartbreakers.

36329565_1722821604479936_3391591006267768832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlq91rxI3Eb8vdGfrU14cRe5XEZxH07Lj87pmofuySkTcncZ30QsX51ALTKZo0RJLpLcUEnPJRqgA3ulvLU1V9C&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=06d185e7f61601969cceba6acd9b705b&oe=5D94C5FA

But there they are again. One of two teams in my conference that I despise (aggy doesn’t count because they’ve got nothing). I hate LSU because they’re savage, sick, gravy-stained idiots, but they compete. My hatred for them was learned on the field during conference play. Arkansas is a hatred that I was taught, probably as I soon as I was able to be taught anything. My parents’ hatred for Arky burned before I was even a glint in their eyes. They taught me how to hate Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Oklahoma, was to be respected in a way, but not Arkansas. Hating Arkansas, was spoon fed to me all my life, and it honestly carried over on the field when I played them. Because, my parents were watching that game, and they hate them too.

My Arky hate is what makes this one sting. That and the fact that we’re the definition of insanity; We continue to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.

It sucks.

• Like 1

Feel like Tech is a great bet at +800.  I'm predicting a TTech-Vandy final.

Clearly upsets could happen as everyone is really good or really hot right now, but just looking at the favorites - If Arkansas-TTech play in the winners game, hard to have much confidence in either #2 or #3 starter for Arkansas.  If MSU and Vandy play, that Rocker-Plumlee pitching matchup is decidedly in Vandy's favor.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Feel like Tech is a great bet at +800.  I'm predicting a TTech-Vandy final.

Clearly upsets could happen as everyone is really good or really hot right now, but just looking at the favorites - If Arkansas-TTech play in the winners game, hard to have much confidence in either #2 or #3 starter for Arkansas.  If MSU and Vandy play, that Rocker-Plumlee pitching matchup is decidedly in Vandy's favor.

You might think so. But we will see, Plate discipline. If you watch the Pitching Ninja break down the K pitches. not one is a strike. all but 1 of his K's came on swinging. 

Not to mention the guy went ALL IN for 131 pitches. How will he bounce back from that we will see and yes I know he has just over a week of rest till that game. 

Either way if that matchup happens. I feel confident we can match up with them fine across the board. We only played once this year and it was Small vs Fellows and we lost 1-0 but didn't have Big Hit Mac playing and jake was in a 1 for 35 slump or so. 

Bring them on. Drake or Rocker doesn't scare us. Actually noone in the tournament scares us. Would love another winner takes it all vs ark in the finals. We changed our team after we got swept by them and went on fire. 

If you think it's Ttech... well we beat them 4-2 earlier this year. Would be a fun series. Tadlock's team is a fun brand of ball to watch. 

But first, lets see who is going to pitch for Auburn. Tanner Burns? 

Edited by msudawg

On 6/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, Snacks said:
On 6/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, Homesickhorn said:
Don’t tell me how to drink. You keep this shit up, and I’ll cheer against y’all in Omaha. If I do that, y’all are fucked. Mark it down.

8a8c5a25382d2db5bacf82c81f41138e.jpg

One of those is mine... I'm drunk

I believe you.  You'd have to be drunk to be watching this game.

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

One part of the bracket is basically a SEC tournament with Louisville. 

How else do you basically guarantee an SEC rep in the finals?

I hope L'ville fucks up that side of the bracket and Arky has a spectacular 2-and-Q to give us an ACC/(anyone but SEC) final.  Though I think I just jinxed us into an all ACC final (L'ville/FSU)

I think it is going to be Arky, Tech, and Vandy as three of the final 4.  Likely an all SEC final with Arky vs Vandy.  Going with Arky as the winner although that is not what I want.  

However, after the Texas vs Tech close series victory for the Horns, I suspected and hoped Texas would grind and improve all season long with the older players leading the talented young-uns to a top 10 seeding.  Of course Texas shit the bed all season long after beating Tech. So take that for what it is worth in the opening paragraph.  

Wait, the two of you were in a real bar that looks like that?  I figured you were hanging out in your garage.

We were at an actual bar. That portion of it is like a garage. It’s the only covered area on the patio are so it’s got the only “outdoor” tv. The inside of the bar is actually okay, but it’s still a dive.

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I'm cheering for Florida State. Either to win it all or to lose it in some bizarre heartbreaking Florida State Baseball sort of way.

You always hear announcers going on and on about every coach in every game being such a wonderful person who is liked by all.  

But that is the absolute truth about Mike Martin.  I seriously think he might be the most well-liked person in all of college sports.  Other than Omaha, the mainstream newspaper writers hate covering college baseball.  One year, I covered the ACC tournament, and sure enough, the guys from the Miami Herald, Orlando Sentinel, etc. were all bitching about having to spend the weekend watching college baseball.  But every one of them loved Martin.  And everyone calls him "Eleven."

So yeah, I'm rooting for FSU, even though I know they will lose in some bizarre heartbreaking bullpen meltdown.

Well I see only my drinking buddy is picking us. Vegas has us as the 3rd best odds (3.5 - 1) ...just behind Ark and Vandy (3 to 1)

This team just has a buzz to it this year. Not just right now. but this whole year.  If we get to 2-0 over AU and Lville/Vandy.. and then are sitting with the National FR pitcher of the year (JT Ginn) waiting for his turn.. I think a few more people might give us some respect. 

This team has been there. Now they just need to finish the job. 

8 hours ago, msudawg said:

Oh really....

6 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Dude, it’s going to be ok if people pick against your team on occasion. State has as good of a chance as anyone to win this thing, but you’re not the ‘27 Yankees. 

Exactly why i picked auburn, just for his reaction. That and his non stop about how good his team is. Maybe I’m just jealous? Maybe I’m just an asshole? 

7 hours ago, BERT said:

Exactly why i picked auburn, just for his reaction. That and his non stop about how good his team is. Maybe I’m just jealous? Maybe I’m just an asshole? 

Jesus Christ, yes.  

8 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Dude, it’s going to be ok if people pick against your team on occasion. State has as good of a chance as anyone to win this thing, but you’re not the ‘27 Yankees. 

Haha nah.. I like Burt just wondered if he had a reason why for his thought. 

Turns out he did it just for the reaction and that's all good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...